So what was the deal with Bill Simmons?

volshawk

Reaction score
I remembering him being all about the Seahawks throughout the playoffs and then picking the donkeys to win in his last mail bag. I then listened to his post SB podcast and it sounded like he put some good money on the Hawks. Did he ever respond to this? Guessing he didnt want to jinx his bets as he has been terrible picking games this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
volshawk":222062wq said:
I remembering him being all about the Seahawks throughout the playoffs and then picking the donkeys to win in his last mail bag. I then listened to his post SB podcast and it sounded like he put some good money on the Hawks. Did he ever respond to this? Guessing he didnt want to jinx his bets as he has been terrible picking games this year.

He picked the Broncos to "jinx" Peyton. It was kind of a running gag during the season.

Simmons actually is a big Seahawks fan and still slams Stern for the Sonics ordeal too

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If you listen to his post-Super Bowl podcast, you'll hear him talk about the Billy Zima jinx. He is a goofball, superstitious fan. He picked us to reverse-jinx us, because he had such a terrible year making picks.

Bill is a great entertainer if you don't take him seriously.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Billy Zima... it's a reverse jinx move. Simmons loves Sea-Town and the Hawks.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Simmons and cousin Sal is probably my most favorite podcast. I'm roughly about the same age as Simmons and so I get a lot of his humor and pop culture references. Unfortunately not the biggest of NBA fans so after football season I shut it down until preseason rolls around.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
If he is a jinx king let him pick against us every playoff game then. Lol

kobebryant

Reaction score
It was a pretty damn good podcast; as was Grantland's with Barnwell, and even Terrell Owen's post NFCCG and SuperBowl podcasts were good.

Cousin Sal is funny with his degenerate-level gambling (sounded kinda choked that he didn't put some money on the Hawks+22); though its not a problem if you're winning - and it sounded like he rode the Hawks to the bank.