why the Hawks so successful in the 4th quarter

John63

Reaction score
ZagHawk":fsdhkrfe said:
LTH":fsdhkrfe said:
Teams make a huge mistake when they play the Hawks soft... as per the Niner game russ just ate them up and then when they tried to go back to the scheme that worked the Hawks were on that list and had the momentum... to late game over...

LTH

I agree with you here. This is what has allowed the Hawks to make so many comebacks because teams go into prevent D and you see RW thriving against teams that make conventional/safe gameplans. That being said there are some teams (especially ones with good defenses) that don't take their foot of the pedal and when RW now needs to go in god mode against a team continuing to blitz him when he needs time for big plays to develop. He's then is gettingng sacked, stripped or throwing an Interception to seal the fate of the game. The Rams are one of those teams that are NOT going to go in soft mode if they take the lead going into the 4th. I am very intrigued to see this Seahawks 2021 playoff team and how they move forward. If it's the same stuff we have seen the past few years which was very run dominate keep the game close and try to do heroics in the end. It could end up very poorly (especially against GB if they make it that far).

Not all true, sometimes you are correct, however other times they do not take the foot off and Wilson still leads us to wins.

Now as to the PC philosophy of trying to keep it close and win in the end, I agree that is not what we should be doing. However, PC will not change, As long as it is close PC will keep the handcuffs on.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
It hasn’t been as bad recently but for awhile RW was snapping ever play as the play clock expired. I get eating up the clock when you’re way ahead. If we are that explosive a why are we not running no huddle hurry up offense

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
LTH":3idfqokm said:
SoulfishHawk":3idfqokm said:
Down 16 with less than 5 minutes left in that NFC Championship.
And who was on the sidelines telling EVERYONE they were going to win? The most underappreciated player on this team, by many. VERY few in history could have pulled off that comeback.

I would NEVER bet against Russ... anybody that does is a fool...The only thing he knows is how to win...if its not obvious at this point I don't even know what to say other than I'll take your money!

LTH

That is exactly what a lot of other fanbases say...It is Russ again....dammit.

John63

Reaction score
sprhawk73":9f3mods8 said:
It hasn’t been as bad recently but for awhile RW was snapping ever play as the play clock expired. I get eating up the clock when you’re way ahead. If we are that explosive a why are we not running no huddle hurry up offense

You are correct games 1-5 they hardly did that snapping of the ball as clock expired. however, starting game 6 they went back to it alot. This goes to PC desire to control the clock, but puts us at a huge disadvantage as the defense can tee off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time I screamed at the TV: "SNAP THE DAMN BALL"
God that crap is annoying :mrgreen:

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2do72sne said:
If I had a dollar for every time I screamed at the TV: "SNAP THE DAMN BALL"
God that crap is annoying :mrgreen:

I agree and if I had a dollar for every time I had to watch Wilson looking at the sidelines waiting for the play only to get it with barely enough time to get to the line and snap it I would be rich.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":2boyxo41 said:
thie other part I forgot to mention is that it's the 2 min O and its all based around that list but the thing that makes it work so well is because it's tempo based... get the D on its heels and run those plays the O knows so well... that why in the past you hear Holmgren alway preaching tempo... The Rams do it as well very well...

You'd think having one of the best rhythm/tempo QB's of all time, we'd go up tempo more often and not just wait until the 4 or 2 minute drill to let Russell go up tempo.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tx6re2at said:
LTH":tx6re2at said:
thie other part I forgot to mention is that it's the 2 min O and its all based around that list but the thing that makes it work so well is because it's tempo based... get the D on its heels and run those plays the O knows so well... that why in the past you hear Holmgren alway preaching tempo... The Rams do it as well very well...

You'd think having one of the best rhythm/tempo QB's of all time, we'd go up tempo more often and not just wait until the 4 or 2 minute drill to let Russell go up tempo.

Yeah that might be one of those things Jammerhawk was talking about the Hawks holding back on...I notice they go up tempo at the end of a half and in the 4th... It surely wouldn't surprise me to see more of that this saturday because it is the way Russ takes control of the game... seems like the Rams spy him a lot too...

LTH

Latest posts