Thurmond is awful.

blazen2392

Reaction score
I rewatched the superbowl game and noticed he was the weakest link out there. Getting beat, blown coverages. I like the guy but i think we should think about giving lane the chance to step up.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he'll get good money somewhere else. He's certainly replaceable.

He has the talent but this year was bad for him (and he was finally healthy!)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
blazen2392":1pvye9cd said:
I rewatched the superbowl game and noticed he was the weakest link out there. Getting beat, blown coverages. I like the guy but i think we should think about giving lane the chance to step up.

He had a bad game, but since when did we have reason to think he is a good slot corner?

Basis4day

Reaction score
I seem to recall Denver only scoring 8 points in that game. Could be wrong.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He was also on one of the best slot WR's in NFL history. I like Thurm a lot, but I think he's going to get starters money somewhere else and we will have to move on.

James in PA

Reaction score
Clayton said that Thurmond is likely gone because he's FA, we are loaded at that position, and there are likely trust issues stemming from his suspension.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It really wasn't just the SB. He gets beat more than any corner we've had this year. He's a pretty good player, don't get me wrong, but was way overhyped over these last few years.

HawkWow

Reaction score
James in PA":14g74yvz said:
Clayton said that Thurmond is likely gone because he's FA, we are loaded at that position, and there are likely trust issues stemming from his suspension.

Still a bit peeved with John but can't argue his sentiment here.

It's VERY easy now to dismiss the transgressions of Browner and Walter. But their actions could have easily cost us a title. If we lose just one more game, quite possible we are not champions today and their selfishness and stupidity should not be taken lightly if looking at the bigger picture.

I think Thurmond has the makings of an excellent corner. He's missed a lot of time so I am less concerned about his current play than I am his piss (no pun intended) poor decision making...and propensity for injury.

Next year will be tougher than last. History proves this to be true. We will have to be even better, tighter next year than last, if we have a shot at repeating. IMO.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We have other corners to replace him...Let him go...

Basis4day

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3vk6e0b5 said:
It really wasn't just the SB. He gets beat more than any corner we've had this year. He's a pretty good player, don't get me wrong, but was way overhyped over these last few years.

He was great this year up until his suspension. Even the worst corner on the Seahawks could start for many teams in this league.
It's relative. Lets not pretend he wasn't miles ahead of Trufant last year in the slot or the second coming of Kelly Jennings.

That said i think hes gone. His injury history bothers me more than his ability.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I do not understand such posts the week after winning a Super Bowl. Some of y'all are hilarious.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeaTown81":5heat6mu said:
I do not understand such posts the week after winning a Super Bowl. Some of y'all are hilarious.

it hurts some people to be happy

Shane Falco

Reaction score
They've set some pretty high standards starting with Sherman and Browner. Then Maxwell and Lane came in and showed that they can continue that style of play. Thurmond isn't the physical style that we are used to now. I am pretty sure he'd start for any other team, but no other team has what we got.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lets not act like he sucks just because we assume he is gone now. Thurmond had a damn good year going until the suspension, with some very nice defensive ball hawking. Welker gave us a lot more trouble last year with Trufant on him. That is until Browner camped out in a zone and blew him up.

Seeker

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1n5ainct said:
blazen2392":1n5ainct said:

He had a bad game, but since when did we have reason to think he is a good slot corner?

Since they cut Winfield (an old guy, I know) to keep him. it is lane over this guy though. I wish they would let lockette switch sides. I feel like he would be a monster. shed will be a pitbull to.

TJH

Reaction score
Basis4day":3radqqko said:
I seem to recall Denver only scoring 8 points in that game. Could be wrong.

These types of posts are so freaking aggrivating. Why even come to this forum then if all debate can be reduced to a final score.