Lynch told teammates he would retire if they won super bowl

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Lynch has been telling his teammates the whole year that he would retire if they won the super bowl this year.

At 4:08 a.m., Sherman is on his feet. The celebration continues to roar upstairs, and Sherman wants to see at least a portion of the concert. Ashley helps him up, hands him his crutches and holds his drink. He gets to the elevator just as Lynch and a half dozen of his friends pour in, stumbling like children run amok. Lynch is still stiff and cool, still wrapped in the same face-warmer, hoodie up. Lynch has been telling teammates all season he’ll retire if they win the Super Bowl. Sherman doesn’t believe him. In the lobby upstairs, they put their heads together and Lynch whispers something inaudible through the mask. Sherman laughs and screams, “You reneged!” Fans at the concert see Sherman and begin sloppily chanting, “L-O-B! L-O-B!” He leaves Lynch, sticks his crutches under his arms and disappears into the crowd. The night is not over yet.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/03/richard-s ... -seahawks/

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Although that would save us a lot of cap space.. it would put a huge hole in our offense.

I hope it isnt true.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
We need Marshawn, but I can't wait to see what Christine is going to do. Let's not forget that this guy is waiting to rip some heads off.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
If he retired it would suck but I think we can completely change our offense around with Harvin

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'd love it if it were true, but there is no freakin way he retires. I remember Jerry Rice saying he was thinking about retirement before the '94 Super Bowl....

....and he ONLY played 10 more seasons. :)

Marshawn ain't goin' anywhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think all players that play as hard as Lynch does fantasize about retiring after a SB win, kinda their way to drop the mic and ride off into the sunset.

But Beast Mode's still got some fight in him, so I think that was all just BS.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think its pretty clear from the article that Marshawn isn't going anywhere. I mean I guess not clear, but the author definitely hints at it

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He'll retire after winning the Owl gets old.

Joking aside.

He's to important to the makeup of this team, we can't afford to lose him right now.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
You guys didn't read the article, did you. He reneged. Probably was just making sure his team got him there.

droop828

Reaction score
Let's be honest, though. He probably has one more great season in him before everything starts going downhill. I say enjoy him next season and our SB that may come with it.

Rocket

Reaction score
"Lynch has been telling teammates all season he’ll retire if they win the Super Bowl. Sherman doesn’t believe him. In the lobby upstairs, they put their heads together and Lynch whispers something inaudible through the mask. Sherman laughs and screams, “You reneged!”"

Beast ain't retiring... he told Sherman.

dutchman063

Reaction score
he wont go anywhere... this team is primed for another run... he will go one more year for sure

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly, I think he'd want to play more in a future SB before he retires. He's been a beast all year, but Denver did kind of shut him down this game.

What he really means is he'll retire after he wins a SB MVP. ;)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe.

But I wouldn't hold it against him if he did.

He has given this city everything it could have asked for. He was instrumental in getting us our first NFL championship and getting this city its first championship in major sports in decades.

But he takes a horrendous amount of punishment during every game. He is churning and plowing forward through hit after hit to get 2-3 yard gains.

I appreciate everything he has done but I also know I want him to be able to walk when he is 40.

Hell of a player. We were blessed to get him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch has seven years experience in the NFL. He is 27 years old. He may think that he has enough money to last him for the rest of his life, but he ought to think again. These last two weeks have been pretty hard on him "mentally". However, give him two months of rest...away from the game.....he'll feel the urge to return to the companionship of his friends and the game he loves.

davidonmi

Reaction score
he won't but if we did I wouldn't be angry at him at all, he is a huge reason we are where we are today.

I can't imagine it actually happens though

Latest posts