"Woke Up This Mornin, Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah"

JonRud

Reaction score
Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. From scanning the boards looks like some of you never made it to bed in the first place. With the help of my friend Johnnie Walker I was able to get in about 6 hours of sleep but now at 5:07am in the great state of NJ the house is quiet and I'm awake.

40 miles north of where I type this is the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, NJ where I have spent the past 30+ years attending multitudes of sporting events with my parents, family and friends. I went to one of the first Devils games when they moved from Colorado and then was at the Stanley Cup Clinching Game 7 when they beat Anaheim [despite the fact I'm an Islanders fan].

I watched year after year of awful NJ Nets teams until a great 2-year run in the early 2000's where I watched Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin & Co. have two long playoff runs that ended in Championship appearances.

I went to several concerts at the complex although I'm not a huge concert attendee. When I was in high school I spent a lot of Sat. nights with my friends at the Meadowlands racetrack betting [and always losing] on the trotters.

And of course I have attended many football games at the old Giants Stadium. I was at the Dan Marino 'fake spike' game [who was that Jets coach anyway?]. And for a long time I watched the Seattle Seahawks lose to the Jets and Giants there year after year.

By some combination of fate, chance, destiny, Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson, Dan Quinn, Paul Allen & a whole lot more - today the Seattle Seahawks are playing in the Super Bowl at that same sports complex. The stadium is new but it's still NJ Turnpike Exit 16W and that holds a lot of meaning for me.

In about 5 hours I will start what is hopefully our greatest journey up the NJ Turnpike, Tony Soprano style. Seahawks car flags flying [have been all week], passing the industrial area of Carteret, the ports of Elizabeth, Newark Airport, IKEA, taking the split to the Western Spur, cringing once again at the monstrosity known as Xanadu, and then arriving at the Meadowlands to park next to the Izod Center [formerly the Brendan Byrne Arena, formerly Continenal Airlines Arena] to take the walk through the long dark tunnel of fate from Izod to Metlife to be joined by an ocean of 12's.

I don't know what's going to happen tonight - but it's going to be an epic day all the way around.

"I love you guys".

Jonathan

Canhawks

Reaction score
It's almost 3am where I am,tossing and turning.I seriously don't know how the player sleep,t minus just over 12 hours

falcongoggles

Reaction score
JonRud":3ver6e41 said:
Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. From scanning the boards looks like some of you never made it to bed in the first place. With the help of my friend Johnnie Walker I was able to get in about 6 hours of sleep but now at 5:07am in the great state of NJ the house is quiet and I'm awake.

40 miles north of where I type this is the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, NJ where I have spent the past 30+ years attending multitudes of sporting events with my parents, family and friends. I went to one of the first Devils games when they moved from Colorado and then was at the Stanley Cup Clinching Game 7 when they beat Anaheim [despite the fact I'm an Islanders fan].

I watched year after year of awful NJ Nets teams until a great 2-year run in the early 2000's where I watched Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin & Co. have two long playoff runs that ended in Championship appearances.

I went to several concerts at the complex although I'm not a huge concert attendee. When I was in high school I spent a lot of Sat. nights with my friends at the Meadowlands racetrack betting [and always losing] on the trotters.

And of course I have attended many football games at the old Giants Stadium. I was at the Dan Marino 'fake spike' game [who was that Jets coach anyway?]. And for a long time I watched the Seattle Seahawks lose to the Jets and Giants there year after year.

By some combination of fate, chance, destiny, Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson, Dan Quinn, Paul Allen & a whole lot more - today the Seattle Seahawks are playing in the Super Bowl at that same sports complex. The stadium is new but it's still NJ Turnpike Exit 16W and that holds a lot of meaning for me.

In about 5 hours I will start what is hopefully our greatest journey up the NJ Turnpike, Tony Soprano style. Seahawks car flags flying [have been all week], passing the industrial area of Carteret, the ports of Elizabeth, Newark Airport, IKEA, taking the split to the Western Spur, cringing once again at the monstrosity known as Xanadu, and then arriving at the Meadowlands to park next to the Izod Center [formerly the Brendan Byrne Arena, formerly Continenal Airlines Arena] to take the walk through the long dark tunnel of fate from Izod to Metlife to be joined by an ocean of 12's.

I don't know what's going to happen tonight - but it's going to be an epic day all the way around.

"I love you guys".

Jonathan

Represent, do us proud

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying being privy to so many 12's journeys and stories. Every time I look at a 12 flag, or the 12 on my chest, I think of all of you, all of us. Thanks for transporting me to NJ for a few minutes. Go get it, man!

Renohawk

Reaction score
I went to Trader Joe's in Reno, Nevada and during my 1 hour shopping time, I seen 5 Hawks apparel and zero Broncos. We are everywhere.

James in PA

Reaction score
I slept so-so last night. It's the dreaded nervous stomach that I'm battling more than anything. I'm sure I won't be able to pig out like I usually do on Superbowl Sunday. Maybe that's a good thing.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
James in PA":gfljkz5n said:
I slept so-so last night. It's the dreaded nervous stomach that I'm battling more than anything. I'm sure I won't be able to pig out like I usually do on Superbowl Sunday. Maybe that's a good thing.

Same here. I have several friends who've invited me to SB parties but I just don't know if I can go to any of them. This game means WAY to much to me. I'm a basket case right now. Starting the day off with some Bailey's and coffee. Then we'll see...

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Well the morning of the battle has arrived. John have so much fun at the game. I slept my normal 6 hrs so not too bad. I had digersted so much information in the last two weeks I am ready to just the game flow.

Just remember twelves you don't win the game in the 1st qtr, you do not win it in the 2nd qtr, you do not win it in the 3rd qtr, the 4th qtr will be ours!!!!