Max Unger

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I can't be the only one that thinks Max has got to step up come Sunday. He needs to be strong at the point of attack when blocking Pot Roast or our running game could be stuck in reverse. He has had a tendency this season to get pushed back at the start of running plays, that can't happen. Additionally, he can't have any low snaps either, I have seen too many this season from him.

Exittium

Reaction score
He needs to have a career day. This season it's felt like he's been off or not fully recovered from the injury earlier.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think he's been returning to his former self the past few games. I think he'll be fine. It's the guards I'm worried about.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see him having problems. He most likely seems destined for post-season surgery, though that seems the norm for most of these guys. That or they wait until OTAs to have surgery.

I think Unger just has to do what he has done so far. I think the offense will be fine and may play a whole lot better than they are being given credit for. 48 hrs from now we all could be going out of our minds. Did not see this coming a few years ago.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
no low snaps, no exchange issues between Marshawn and Russell, no false starts, no offsides due to "Omaha," no crucial Marshawn fumbles and ET catching the picks sent his way.

If these things happen, Hawks win

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
falcongoggles":356gc71p said:
no offsides due to "Omaha"

This is something we cannot have either, d-line has to be very disciplined and watch the dang ball, not the tone of Peyton's cadence.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Exittium":1egd61jg said:
He needs to have a career day. This season it's felt like he's been off or not fully recovered from the injury earlier.
Every player needs a career day. Superbowl!
Go Hawks

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
You guys saw the Pats'-Broncos' game. Logan Mankins looked like a revolving door. It was embarrassing.
It was more Logan Mankins than "Pot Roast" IMO.

Polaris

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3uk5oy2d said:
You guys saw the Pats'-Broncos' game. Logan Mankins looked like a revolving door. It was embarrassing.
It was more Logan Mankins than "Pot Roast" IMO.

This. Don't get me wrong. Knighton is good, but as a NT, he's only rated at #9 by PFF. By contrast Mebane (our NT) is rated #3. This alone should expose how ridiculous "but Potroast can stop Seattle's run game" really is.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I believe in all the hawks players to get the job done on superbowl sunday. Especially Unger the NFC plays at a different level of physicality in six of the last seven weeks Unger has gone up against some of the toughest interior lineman (NOx2,ARZ,SFx2,STL) the NFL has to offer so he won't be handled easily by pot roast like the pats interior O-line. I think the O-line will cut pot roast all day till they back off the ball then I believe the Hawks O-line will adapt better than they did in the NFCCG the 9ers front seven is on a different level than the broncos.

Penman96

Reaction score
Unger made the probowl this year again, he must be doing something right. It's the performance on either side of him that's the issue...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I agree. Been saying all along that Unger-Knighton is the only matchup in which the Donks D has a clear advantage. Unger is not a super physical or huge dude, and has just struggled so badly at times this year. I hope there will be a way to help him out with chip blocks by carp or something

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Do the guards help with fat roast ? Can we put the Sweeze on him?

seadoc30

Reaction score
I completely agree.. IMO, this guy has been the weakest link on the team this year. I mean if you can't block, at least f*****g snap the ball properly. I hope LJP gets a fair chance to beat him next year and become the starter. He is much better at center than Unger.

sutz

Reaction score
Just curious. Does Denver have any other D-Linemen, or do they just run a 1-4-6 all the time?

Hell, it sounds like Butt Rust is the only DL on the field some times. I think Unger and the Sweeze will get this one done.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
If he goes to his left, Sweezy cuts him and he's a rolling blob of roast. Sweezy cuts pretty well, if you haven't noticed.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Until two weeks ago no one knew who pot roast was, and during the Super Bowl he'll go back to being just another player.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Not worried about this in the least. There is nothing scary about Denver's defense. San Fransisco couldn't stop the Beast.

Denver will have to overcommit to try, but that is where the big gains come from.

Hang in there Blitzer, beast got
'dis, boss.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Didn't Unger have a broken/sprained finger/thumb this year? That explains a lot regarding his occasional errant snaps. I'm not worried about him at all. Grizzly will get it done...

Latest posts