Duckgate!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't understand why Broncos and PM fans took offense to this. It's something that is clearly visible.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
ESPN radio this morning was proclaiming this bulletin board material. I then couldn't figure out why ESPN radio didn't report on this two weeks ago when he first said it.

Miile High

Reaction score
-The Glove-":37ch33t6 said:
I don't understand why Broncos and PM fans took offense to this. It's something that is clearly visible.

Most of us Broncos fans were not offended. Just the media trying to stir up controversy as usual...

:stirthepot:

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Skip Bayless: "it was disrespectful to Peyton."

Well, I sure hope Manning tries to test his arm on Sherm. But, I think Manning's too smart for that.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2dojq4jp said:
Well, I sure hope Manning tries to test his arm on Sherm. But, I think Manning's too smart for that.

Of course! We're all supposed to believe PeyPey walks on water and hung the moon, invented the microwave and cured polio. Instead of commenting on how PeyPey throws and accurate, if not unattractive ball, Sherman should have commented on how PeyPey's farts smell like potpourri and how his shit is nutritious enough to feed the homeless. I mean... that's basically what the rest of the national media's been doing all this week, so Sherman should just stop being a fake tough guy wannabe thug and fall in line.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Making a big deal about this and saying it was disrespectful is just irresponsible journalism. They are completely leaving out where he also says the ball arrives accurately and on time.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Just another case in proof of why Lynch is absolutely correct about not trusting the media to not twist every word anybody says into some kind of bad thing.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Its true. Some of the throws I have seen him make are so ugly and have a weak spiral to them and somehow they are almost always on the money..

salamander

Reaction score
It's clear, whether intentional or not, the media has been much more negative towards us. You could argue Sherman asked for his initial attention, but the media treatment of Beastmode was straight up abusive, and this is duckgate stuff is just completely manufactured controversy.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This has just gotten Elementary school level. "Teacher, Teacher Richard Sherman Said"...

And another thing. Why do the press keep saying that Peyton Mannings legacy is at stake in this Superbowl? Its the same kind of crap they were clinging to about our "road woes". Peyton has already done enough IMO to cement his legacy and a spot in the HOF. I don't like the guy, but it would be disingenuous to say that without him winning the Superbowl this time that his career is meaningless. So just shove the Manning legacy crap!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Can't wait for this week to be over. The media takes all the fun out of it.

They have made a bridge to the fans, but it's a bridge I don't want to be on anymore...and they are the reason why.

I enjoy the videos produced by Seahawks.com and that's about it. I just want to watch the game now.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":l4rwpp1z said:

Don't let them do that. Watch the interviews with the players. Get excited for Sunday and take joy in that. Don't let the delta bravos ruin it for you

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3d4lhxwe said:
HawkFan72":3d4lhxwe said:

Don't let them do that. Watch the interviews with the players. Get excited for Sunday and take joy in that. Don't let the delta bravos ruin it for you

That's what I've been trying to do. Just annoying that there are these writers out there who are all about trashing the players and starting crap. Rather than just letting these guys enjoy the best week of their lives, they have to try to avoid getting trashed by these self-serving writers.

Laloosh

Reaction score
They just needed a story. ESPN is running with it and trying to provide Denver w/ bulletin board material. Oh well, our guys will still be hoisting a Lombardi on Sunday evening.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Even Peyton admitted that he throws ducks, so this is nothing.

All the media people like Bayless are also leaving out the part of Sherman's quote where he says that even when Manning throws ducks they're still on target.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Outside of watching the video clips on the officla team site and NFL.com I have tried to stick with the x's and o's guys. I really enjoy reading Barnwell. it's not going to be pro-Seattle but he sticks to football. The NFL network podcasts are pretty cool too.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Peyton Manning throws an ugly ^%&$ing ball, haha.

Sometimes I wonder how they even makes it down field.

But it works for him, so no complaints...but damn...those are some ugly looking throws.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1jnfxca8 said:

As usual, Skip Bayless is being his dumb shit self, but that's just a part of his screwed up personality.
Sherman was giving his honest opinion on how smart Peyton and the other greats are, but pointed out the chink in his armor.
Peyton accepted Richard Shermans assessment of his talents and skookum presence on the field of play, BUT, Manning isn't smart enough to realize that he has been extremely lucky that his "DUCKS" haven't been picked off with regularity, and that his Receivers have saved his ass on many occasions by catching his flub throws....Richard Sherman and the rest of the Legion Of Boom are going to take advantage of those kind of passes, because let's face it, Manning isn't floating those ruptured ducks out there for those #24th & #27th type Defenses he's been throwing against all Season long.
Manning had better be spot on, or he's going to get embarrassed in this game.
Oh, and by the way, Manning isn't the only intelligent and studious Quarterback in this game, Russell Wilson only lacks time in grade, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't understand the over all complexities, and the reading of the plays and formations, on BOTH sides of the ball.