hawks have Home field advantage in superbowl?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
according to Brian Billick's tweet:
"According to @seatgeek,#Seahawks fans will outnumber #Broncos fans by fair margin. 18% of buyers originate from WA, just 8.1% from Co."

That would be awsome to see Peyton Manning dealing with crowd noise in the superbowl.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The seatgeek thing is pretty cool, but a lot of the people in the seats aren't coming from Seattle or Colorado, so it will probably still be fairly balanced, but this is SO much better than the slobberfest there was for Pittsburgh at Super Bowl XL or the abundance of fans who'd have shown up had it been the Patriots instead of the Broncos. I think having two teams from the "West" makes the crowd more balanced. With that said, Seahawks fans are something special, so I expect to hear them more than the Bronco fans

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawks fans need to get the chants and yelling going early and often. The other 74% of people there most of them probably don't have a favorite and will join in to be part of the 12th man chaos if you get them warmed up early.

JonRud

Reaction score
There will definitely be more 'true' Hawks fans than Broncos fans, but I think most of the neutral people will be rooting for Peyton to win. of course those people aren't so loud like the 12's.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of following the Bronco's have nationally? With Manning that probably boosts their fandom but how does it compare to the 12th man?

I am extremely excited to see a Superb Owl in NY where the 12th man represents. Would love to be one of those fan bases that the NFL knows would hold their feet to the fire for poor officiating.

The 12th man has grown significantly this season which is how we were able to take over in AZ. Would love to see us do that at every away game and a good showing in the Superb Owl would likely generate some national excitement that people want to be part of.

253hawk

Reaction score
Well, we get Pam Oliver on our sideline instead of Erin Andrews this time. Not sure if that's good or not.

candybars

Reaction score
I am sure the Broncos have more bandwagon out of state fans than we do though. I saw Wes Welker is leading in jersey sales this week.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oliver? she probably has John Fox on speed dial to let him know who gets dinged during the game. Another real piece of work Journalist.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The crowd noise will be NOTHING like at CLink. There was a huge difference in crowd noise between the first NO game and the playoff NO game. The second game wasn't loaded with blue collar noise makers. As the ticket prices go up, the crowd changes drastically. Most people who can afford tickets to the SB are not going to be noise makers.
While there maybe more people in the stands rooting for the Hawks, there will not be much noise. Book it.

gulliver

Reaction score
RichNhansom":57avgmtw said:
The 12th man has grown significantly this season which is how we were able to take over in AZ. Would love to see us do that at every away game and a good showing in the Superb Owl would likely generate some national excitement that people want to be part of.
Some people here would argue that some of those 12s aren't "REAL" fans because they haven't been following the team since the late 70s. Who needs their noise anyway?

Personally, I'll take all the 12s we can get. Long as they make some noise...

hawker84

Reaction score
How do they determine where the sales originate and who the tickets are for? I can see counting ticket sales tracking WA and CO zip codes, but what about out of state zip codes, how do they know which team they're supporting?

Largent80

Reaction score
I remember being blown away at how loud the 10,000 or so 12's were during XL.

This year 12's are everywhere and I am willing to bet right now that 12's will outnumber them 2/3 to 1/3 or even more.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
It will sound like a Typical (non-Seahawk) Home game when the Broncos offense is on the field. Better than nothing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nah, just run down to Radio Shack and by a bunch of speakers and wire and microphones, we pump in noise at home, why not on the road :0

cacksman

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2qhudiwj said:
The crowd noise will be NOTHING like at CLink. There was a huge difference in crowd noise between the first NO game and the playoff NO game. The second game wasn't loaded with blue collar noise makers. As the ticket prices go up, the crowd changes drastically. Most people who can afford tickets to the SB are not going to be noise makers.
While there maybe more people in the stands rooting for the Hawks, there will not be much noise. Book it.

Wasn't the 2nd Saints game even cheaper than the 1st one?

chrispy

Reaction score
Remember the AZ away game. 12s showed up and were loud. Not as many 12s at Card fans, but those who traveled were loud.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
18% hawks fans? That doesnt include the Oregon, Alaska, Idaho sales... Plus the Hawks fans all over the country... so lets just call it 25% Hawks fans...

Who cares how many orange shirts there are... the real rabbid hawk fans will far outweigh the Doncos fans...