When will Peyton challenge Sherman

Renohawk

Reaction score
So, we got the best possible matchup our LOB could face in Manning. When do you think he comes out and goes right after Sherman to show he's not afraid of him.

I think first drive, could be first play he and D Thomas try Sherman out.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I think they'll try him right away, just seems like Manning's hubris might get the best of him.

I know they are going to "attack" with trips, bunch, and motions, probably a couple screens too. The one play that I can see Manning and D. Thomas attempting is a double move, but I'm thinking Sherm and Earl will be looking for that one so I hope Earl can get the ball in that play or at least Sherm can get it not too mention the pass protection required for a double move deep means a fantastic opportunity for the Dline to rush and get home.

sutz

Reaction score
He won't. Not until the end when the game is already out of reach. He still sees the field pretty well, and you can bet Sherm's guy, whoever that is, will be well covered.

One caveat, though. Sherm has baited some QBs rather well, and made picks with his closing speed. But I doubt Mannie will force anything to Sherm's area early.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I think it will be few and far between: Manning and Fox both know about the LoB, and I believe Fox will direct Manning to stick with his bread and butter, the quick, short pass. I think Welker and Chancellor/Thurmond get targeted a lot, but not Sherman.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think he does at all to be honest. Peyton is smart. Maxwell, Thurmond and Lane will see a lot of passes though.

Axx

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":16kry39k said:
I don't think he does at all to be honest. Peyton is smart. Maxwell, Thurmond and Lane will see a lot of passes though.
Why would he test maxwell aka pff #2 rated CB?

formido

Reaction score
I don't know, but I do remember that Champ Bailey used to pick Manning off all the time when Bailey was the top corner in the game. It seems like Manning doesn't mind challenging the top corner in the NFL.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
If by "come at" you mean softly lob a pass in his direction...

carly-rae-jepsen-rays-baseball-game-pitch-bad-throw.gif

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Andrew Luck did and did so successfully. I think its safe to say Andrew Luck is NOT the QB that Peyton is and did not have the same weapons as Peyton. I'm worried, but that's just me.

Polaris

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2rytoq61 said:
Andrew Luck did and did so successfully. I think its safe to say Andrew Luck is NOT the QB that Peyton is and did not have the same weapons as Peyton. I'm worried, but that's just me.

Look back on that game and Luck wasn't as successful as you think. Also Luck had weapons in small and very fast receivers that could get deep that Peyton doesn't. I am not denigrating Peyton, but it's a matchup thing, and the Colts and esp the Colts of September were a different matchup than the Broncos.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I don't think he will go at Sherman very much. Manning goes through his progressions quickly and isn't likely going to force it on purpose. Maybe Sherman can bait him like he often does and get a pick at some point.

Sac

Reaction score
Peyton is a very smart Quarterback. He won't challenge Sherman. He may try to throw a guy open a time or two, but they'll be safe throws. He'll be throwing at Max and Walt mainly.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2ybbyezr said:

I feel like every player on our defense has improved since the first 4-6 weeks of the season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Axx":1b2u9tjc said:
Hasselbeck":1b2u9tjc said:
Why would he test maxwell aka pff #2 rated CB?

Maxwell hasn't been tested like he's about to be.

BroncosFan

Reaction score
Peyton throws to the open receiver, regardless of who the receiver is or who it is covering him. That's why this offense scored 38 points/game. He doesn't discriminate. He takes what the D gives him. If Sherman has his man blanketed all day, he may not see a ball thrown his way. If his man gets open on him, he'll get some action.

piston bully

Reaction score
Picture is worth a thousand words!

Attachments

• 1554473_245804032266878_1081509801_n[1].jpg
    1554473_245804032266878_1081509801_n[1].jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,140

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
He will challenge him early in a running set IMO. He wants to probably catch the LOB off guard. Hopefully Sherm and ET will be on their toes.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Peyton will play his normal game plan with no regard to who is guarding whom. He won't shy away from anyone, nor will he challenge anyone, just play his normal game. Hopefully with that attitude, he will be guy shy by the end of the first quarter and playing catch up...