I just had to stick up for Sherm at the store, LOL

Reaction score
I just got back from grocery shopping at Kroger. I was wearing my Seahawks jacket and have been getting nothing but positive comments for the whole season about the Seahawks from Memphians...until today when the law of averages came into play.

I was at the checkout stand and this guy a little older than me (I'd say around 50) notices me and pipes up "Is the league going to fine Sherman??"

I smiled and said, "Hi. No, they are not going to fine him."

"Well then I hope the Broncos break both of his legs!!" :roll:

I said "Come on, man....you shouldn't wish injury on anyone. That's excessive, don't you think?"

He cowed a little, then said with a smile "Okay....maybe just a little fracture then..just so it takes him out of the game."

I just shook my head and said again, "You shouldn't wish injury on any player, man. Not cool."

The checker and bag boy were both looking at him with this :141847_bnono: look and shaking their heads. He just harrumphed and walked off.

Great example of an uninformed casual fan who saw the interview but is oblivious to the follow up apology, Erin Andrews' support, etc.

Haters gonna hate....but you know what? It still felt kinda cool that he cared enough to hate us for it. It was an altogether new experience to me.

Go Hawks!!!

marko358

Reaction score
I believe in karma. That old dude probably tripped over his feet in the parking lot and twisted his ankle.

Starrman44

Reaction score
It's funny how fans want players to get fined for saying stuff and then this idiot can say something like that and he thinks it's ok. Someone ought to fine that guy at the supermarket.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Should have told him to check out Erin Andrews tweet. He might have actually done it (since she's hot) and learned something in the process.

OP
OP
Lieutenant Dan
Reaction score
ivotuk":1extx2tn said:
Should have told him to check out Erin Andrews tweet. He might have actually done it (since she's hot) and learned something in the process.

If you had met this guy, you would assume that he doesn't even know how to access the web, let alone Twitter. LOL Full of piss and vinegar and no common sense.

Seeker

Reaction score
There was a guy whose timeline I am following for the laughs.
he was the first guy to call him a nword for the postgame interview.
when people started calling him out for it he was all "free speech" then apologized, then wanted people to get over it. then the classic "I WAS HACKED" it is hilarious.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ignorance comes in all shapes, colors, sizes and ages. Good responses from you.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Do those people understand the irony of begging for a player to get hurt because they think he's classless?

davidonmi

Reaction score
FYI, he's going to get fined for the choke sign.
Other than that I agree

mikeak

Reaction score
The other answer I am giving is

So you hope that Wes Welker puts a second guy in the hospital on an illegal hit? You are going to cheer for a team where that is acceptable because you don't like how a person on the other team presents themselves?

OP
OP
Lieutenant Dan
Reaction score
davidonmi":jh5k7c0c said:
Other than that I agree

Really? I stand corrected to that end, though the guy at the store seemed focused on the interview/handshake bit. Is there a precedent for fining a player for the choking thing? I bet Sherm's not the first to do it.

I have to admit the choke thing to Kaep didn't bother me, especially after THAT game and what it meant, and that damn Beats commercial that made our fanbase look like the few food-tosser idiots at the tunnel. Mmph, Sherm doesn't like Crabs, and I dislike CK and that's my problem lol.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Funny how Sherman cannot say what he wants, but when the Ducky Dynasty guy goes off....everyone freaks out about limiting HIS free speech.

I guess you only have to show "class" when you are performing in like a gladiator?

I don't think it was after game speech that really screwed him though, he could have talked himself off that ledge but continuing the feud with Crabtree past that point looked petulant and mean spirited. I know Crabs kept going at it afterwards but the "Don't mud wrestle with a pig" phrase comes to mind there.

Still, I am not sure how much Sherman can back off on this, maybe after it all dies down (and it will...look at Cooper with the Eagles) but for now the phrase "you only get one chance to make a first impression" is going to bite on Sherman for a little bit.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't see how saying someone is a mediocre or sorry receiver can be compared to making homophobic or racist comments in public.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly my point, but the some of the very same people calling Sherman a classless thug are some of the same people upset about some guy that looks like Yosemite Sam being called to the carpet for racist/homophobic statements.

It seems people want to pick and choose how upset they get about "free speech", and when it was granted.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":ihq7n7lo said:
davidonmi":ihq7n7lo said:
Other than that I agree

Really? I stand corrected to that end, though the guy at the store seemed focused on the interview/handshake bit. Is there a precedent for fining a player for the choking thing? I bet Sherm's not the first to do it.

I have to admit the choke thing to Kaep didn't bother me, especially after THAT game and what it meant, and that damn Beats commercial that made our fanbase look like the few food-tosser idiots at the tunnel. Mmph, Sherm doesn't like Crabs, and I dislike CK and that's my problem lol.
I didn't think so either, but Clayton on the radio said he will

mikeak

Reaction score
A throat slash gesture gets fined for sure

not sure how the rules are written but a choke gesture is definately taunting of the opponent etc and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fine. If it was done without having a whole lot of other attention then it would probably be less of a fine, but I have heard that the whole Sherman thing is kind of a hot topic in the media now :)

CANHawk

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":n3fyg2bs said:
ivotuk":n3fyg2bs said:

If you had met this guy, you would assume that he doesn't even know how to access the web, let alone Twitter. LOL Full of piss and vinegar and no common sense.

I THINK WHAT THE TELEVISION TELLS ME TO THINK!!!!