How many drops did Tate have?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I'm recalling 2 but I am unsure. He has a tendency to disappear.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Man if only we had a real receiving corp.

Edit- What I mean by "real" is having a true #1 receiver.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tate got rocked early and we have no idea of how much that impacted his play. Tate isn't the flavor of the day, and apparently is the latest scapegoat, but we wouldn't be where we are without Golden Tate.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkWow":2jv7r8cn said:
Tate got rocked early and we have no idea of how much that impacted his play. Tate isn't the flavor of the day, and apparently is the latest scapegoat, but we wouldn't be where we are without Golden Tate.

Yep. Not a very good game from a very good player. Tate is great. Every team in the NFL would be lucky to have him.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Tate had their best corner on him. And did you see what happened in the Saint's and Eagles game when that corner went out. There's a good chance Tate bounces back.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
HawkWow":1oof2545 said:

I agree Tate has been valuable just not consistent.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Is he #1 receiver material? I'm thinking he's a solid #2. Really hope PH is a go for NFCCG.

drrew

Reaction score
He had the lowest dropped pass percentage on the team this season. Lower than Baldwin, Rice, Kearse.

Lower than Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Josh Gordon, AJ Green, Michael Crabtree...just about any receiver outside of Fitzgerald and Colston.

Golden Tate had a fantastic season where drops were not a problem at all.

The complaining about one game in which the team won is just stupid.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drrew":74g4fah3 said:
He had the lowest dropped pass percentage on the team this season. Lower than Baldwin, Rice, Kearse.

Lower than Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Josh Gordon, AJ Green, Michael Crabtree...just about any receiver outside of Fitzgerald and Colston.

...and it's just unfortunate that a flippant post that starts a flippant thread begets so many posts that flippantly agree with original flippant post. Hey look, I managed to use the word 'flippant' more times than Tate dropped wet balls on a windy and rainy day.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Tate, like D-jack only drops the easy ones. My personal favorite go to play with Tate is when he runs a go, RW intentionally underthrows the ball by a yard or 2, Tate adjusts, slams on the brakes, shields the defender with his body, goes up and makes the catch, comes down, cuts inside and gains a ton of yards or scores.

Tate and Wilson execute to perfection, and Bevell is praised as an enlightened play designer/caller! :p :sarcasm_off:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
These threads are getting down right tedious. Tate has been clutch all year long. One Game does not a season make.

chrispy

Reaction score
Watching on TV, I had to keep reminding myself about the weather. I think it affected both RW and Tate. RW had some accuracy issues if I recall correctly. I'm remembering one pass in particular where RW threw it behind Tate on a crossing route and Tate couldn't reach back and get it. I recall, while watching the game, that there were a couple other situations that weren't dissimilar. I think in better weather, perhaps the ball's not quite as far behind him and he might be able to come up with it even if it's off the mark.

I'm also thinking back that Tate has had some pretty good bounce-back games. I think last season he kind of disappeared for a week to have a good outing the next.

I hope Tate is back next year, but I think it'll be more up to him than the FO. He doesn't fit the body they like. He was paid a lot (signed on his rookie contract before the new rookie wage scale) for a few years when he didn't contribute and frankly was more of a distraction. He's been clutch in several games this season so I'd like to see him back, but my gut tells me he thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

I think of Tate like a Steve Smith (Utah/Panthers, not USC/Giants). He can be great but he's undersized and can be covered. He can't carry a team as a #1 unless there's a big threat as a #2. If that defines him as a #2, or #1, up to you. He adds a lot of value as a returner so I'm guessing another team will pay him more than the Hawks. He's more valuable to someone else than he is to us.

I'm also guessing that Rice will be willing to come back cheaper. I don't see us signing both but I think there's a reasonable chance of bringing one back. With one of them, the young guys we have, some new talent to compete, and perhaps a FA that comes cheap (like a Bennett/Avril signing), we'll be fine.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
drrew":190un2m8 said:

I was not complaining. I was asking a legitimate question. I'm not saying he's prone to drops I'm asking about a specific game and wondering what it might mean. Does he wilt under physical CB play or the bright lights of playoffs? Or is it simply he had an off day due to weather? By the way that "one game" happens to be the biggest game of the year so far.

Lets not kid ourselves here. GT has had a good season. He went from 688 receiving yards in 2012 to 898 in 2013. That's about a 30% increase in production. Not bad. Not phenomenal. That puts him at #31 in the league. Less yards than than the #1 receiver on 26 teams and less than the #2 receiver on 4 teams. He's only had 2 games of 100 yards or more and only 8 games of 50 yards or more. In order for the Hawks to continue their march to post season nirvana they are going to need GT's and Baldwin's best games and they're going to need PH. Can they do it without those things? Possibly but I'd rather not risk it.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
These people who come on here and bash the players need to get their own butts on the field and see how well they look. Make sure to have someone like Earl coming at them full boar.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
hawker84":16tnog2t said:
lol at anyone calling out Golden Tate, yep he hasn't been clutch all season.. smdh

Yes how dare I question anything about Tate's performance, he's beyond reproach! :sarcasm_off:

:229031_rolleyes:

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Kixkahn":1wkxwygr said:
These people who come on here and bash the players need to get their own butts on the field and see how well they look. Make sure to have someone like Earl coming at them full boar.

What are you talking about?! No one here is bashing anyone. It simply amazes me at how sensitive people can be.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2o4fsmrn said:
hawker84":2o4fsmrn said:
lol at anyone calling out Golden Tate, yep he hasn't been clutch all season.. smdh

Yes how dare I question anything about Tate's performance, he's beyond reproach! :sarcasm_off:

:229031_rolleyes:
Well if you want to criticize a player, next time, make sure your criticism actually holds water.

How many tackles does Lynch have??!! HE NEEDS MORE!!