I don't remember this in 2005....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The well wishes from opposing fanbases unrelated to our division and even conference or sport for that matter!?!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The Seahawks are a big deal now. When we beat the big bad wolf, 12th Man Mania will go wild.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hawks are popular this year for sure. Love 'em or hate 'em. Lots of love though. Hopefully this world-wide movement plays into the hands of the tin-foil hat crew of manipulated NFL games (of which I am a devout member).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3hndlzmb said:
Hawks are popular this year for sure. Love 'em or hate 'em. Lots of love though. Hopefully this world-wide movement plays into the hands of the tin-foil hat crew of manipulated NFL games (of which I am a devout member).

I thought you were the Pres.....oops. :sarcasm_off:

Had a shot....and I took it...:p
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Polaris

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":cqf983fa said:
The well wishes from opposing fanbases unrelated to our division and even conference or sport for that matter!?!

True. In 2005 it seemed like we were virtually ignored. I think in part it's because how much the Niners have outworn their welcome with some other fan bases, and partly because it's now cool to be a Seahawk fan (something I thought I'd never see).

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Polaris":2ze8pgob said:
KCHawkGirl":2ze8pgob said:

True. In 2005 it seemed like we were virtually ignored. I think in part it's because how much the Niners have outworn their welcome with some other fan bases, and partly because it's now cool to be a Seahawk fan (something I thought I'd never see).

Naturally, I (we) have always thought the Seahawks were cool. But prior to the last couple seasons, it was like Milhouse on the Simpsons saying "well, my mom thinks I'm cool!"

chris98251

Reaction score
Part of it was our identity was Mike Holmgren and Matt Hasselbeck, guys we loved here but really low profile types, our defense didn't have a real go to guy that created terror. Nobody was outspoken to the media to get attention either.

Now we have the Legion of Boom, Thomas, Kam,Sherman, Russell Wilson , Beastmode, Rice, Harvin even if he has had lttle impact he's a star.

For this much attention you have to go back to the Knox years with Easley and that defense and Curt Warner. We didn't have the media and communication we do now on everything to see it, but popularity wise I would think that was the closest.