Does Harvin + Wright need to play for a win

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
Someone by the name of Churchill brought it up on twitter.

Now Harvin does make our offense go. Can we win without him- yes, but would it be easier with him of course. Can he be the difference maker in a win or a loss on Sunday- Yes.

My hope is he plays and makes sure that we are at full strength.

As for Wright his defense on a tight end like Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis can allow our safeties to play the field.

I predict a win this Sunday. I stand by it of course. We are playing at home and at home we should always win.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think Wright does, We need all our Speedy and big LB's to keep Kaep in check, we do NOT want him running all over us.

Harvin will be there, just needs Russ to not hang him out to dry.

OP
OP
T

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
Throwdown":33sfav7g said:
I think Wright does, We need all our Speedy and big LB's to keep Kaep in check, we do NOT want him running all over us.

What we really need besides those two players healthy is "Bevvel" to be on his A game and have some tricks up his sleeve.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would love to see both players make this game. Will they be difference makers? That I am not sure about, since KJ is coming off a broken foot and Percy will be coming off a concussion, banged shoulder and possibly game speed game action recovery for his hip.

I would have loved to see Browner on the field as well. Didn't work out for him. But KJ and Browner put in a few years of work to get to this point. Browner is done but would like to see KJ get rewarded for his hard work. Percy seems to be snake bit but would like to see as soon as possible what he means to the Seahawks playing a full game.

The 9er game saw KJ leave with a broken foot and it took a little something away from the defense. The 9ers game also seemed to signal the tightening of the screws on Wilson. Maybe that Bowman hit on the sideline got Wilson off kilter for a minute? Yeah, that is a reach.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Our wild/trick plays happen when we establish something.

Like the flea flicker we use is predicated on how they react to the RB sweep, if they bite hard on those, or we have success on more than one occasion, you'll see it. I expect the same conservative stuff we've seen, but I think it'll be better when Percy is out there taking up some attention.

Run game is paramount though, everytime we've smacked up the niners, Lynch was the main reason.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I like the holes bowie gives.
we need to run more man beaters... I should be the coordinator... Pete, put me in :)

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think both play. having KJ back will be great, but I think we can still beat SF's offence without him. Malcolm has been BEASTING since he's been in for KJ. A healthy Harvin though will be huge. Even if he doesn't make plays on his own, he opens up EVERYTHING else on the offence. I sure hope he studies so he can pass his concussion test...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Do we need to have either one to win this Sunday? No. Would I feel a lot better about our chances knowing either one (or both) were playing? Yes.

If I had to choose one, Percy for sure. In my opinion, Percy will be the XFactor to our superbowl run. After watching the Saints game, Percy was the reason why the offense flowed so well in the first half. You can tell how much Russell likes/trusts Percy, he throws to him a lot even though they have barely had any time to work with each other.

I would also say Percy over KJ because we are thin at WR, and fairly deep at LB with Malcolm and Heath Farwell playing well. Offense looks day and night with Percy.

CANHawk

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":2i1hin3u said:
Throwdown":2i1hin3u said:

What we really need besides those two players healthy is "Bevvel" to be on his A game and have some tricks up his sleeve.

this shit makes me roll my eyes so hard they risk falling out my ears. we held a 16-0 lead for 50 minutes of the game. Marshawn put up 140 on the ground and was moving the ball at will on them. at what point exactly did we need to dial up some trick plays and why pray tell did we need them?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im not sure Wright is needed if he is not 100%. Our defense CRUSHED the saints. I just rewatched the game and on their first scoring drive the only thing they did was complete 2 long throws against Smith and Wagner NOT the LOB. That was most of the yards on that drive.

Then later and I think the next 2 drives after that Kam dropped an easy pick and then the saints got that 40-50 yard fluke play where either Thomas OR Maxwell should of gotten another INT or at least knocked it down but they interfered with eachother and the WR caught. Luckily the saints got a penalty and then did nothing and then shanked the fg. Both of those drives resulted in zero points.

Then it looks like we loosened up a bit after we scored another TD and were just playing to run out the clock.

Really the ONLY thing I saw the saints do the ENTIRE game was those 2 long throws against the 2 LBs. You add those 2 plays with the fluke play and that was like half of Brees yards for the entire game I think.

As far as the offense goes we were rolling in the first half. We only didnt score one time and that was the drive where Turbin had the HUGE run that was called back by holding. If not for that call we probably get at least another FG. Other than that we scored every other time 4 out of the 5 times we had the ball.

The second half on offense wasnt as good. After watching it again I have no idea how people can blame Wilson.

He only threw the ball 3 times in the 3rd quarter and I believe at least one was a throwaway.

In the 4th quarter he FINALLY had back to back passing plays which the first one was a PA rollout to the right with nobody open and a defender in his face so he threw it away. Then he followed it up by a first down to Miller. Then we all know the pass to Baldwin and then the Beast run.

I think the gameplan was to be ultra conservative the entire second half since we had a 16-0 lead. How else do you explain Wilson only having one series in the ENTIRE game with back to back passes. That plus weird plays. Like lining Lynch up with 4 wide on short downs. Going empty backfield on very short situations.

I think we will see a way better offense next week if Harvin is able to be healthy

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I don't know if we need them, but I sure want them to be playing. The only two games Harvin saw the field he tilted it.
I just hope the 49ers get called on the egregious holding that tends to happen when Gore breaks one off. Every team holds, but it sure seems like they get away with holding a lot more and in crucial downs.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ttgx9at said:

How did Russ hang him out to dry?! The Saints were targeting Harvin with prejudice. Both hits were completely avoidable and both deserve a fine.

All that said, I think Wright is more crucial than Harvin. We beat them before, without Harvin. Would LOVE to have him back, but he's not as vital. Now we face an offense with Crabtree and while he's certainly not the "greatest WR ever", he's another body, which will keep our secondary busy and we can't rely on them as much for containment of Kap and Gore.

However it boils down, this is gonna be a helluva game

Penman96

Reaction score
Need? No. But it would be very helpful if they played.

If Pete wants the offense to run blood and guts, trench warfare style that great but Harvin adds that random variable to the equation, opening up a lot of possibilities and keeping defenders from swarming the line.

KJ is an excellent linebacker that compliments an excellent defense.

Here's hoping they can play

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Nope we already beat them without Harvin.

Don't need to ask this though as we will have both for the game.