If they do win the Superb Owl

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
where does this defense go down among the all-time great defenses?

Seriously, this defense is on a 2000 Ravens-type roll. I think it is all the more amazing since the league is clearly trying to facilitate the offenses that this defense does what it does on a consistent basis. Of course, to get credit for this, they'll have to win the Super Bowl, but if they do...a comfortable #3 behind the '85 Bears and '00 Ravens in the Super Bowl era? Maybe #2 behind the '85 Bears?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think theres been enough mention to how good they are playing.

Good enough to win the super bowl easily.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, I think #3 is probably where we'll end up being regarded if we can close the thing out with a Super Bowl win and two more great defensive performances. Probably will be a unit like the 1999 Rams offense where many remember they were awesome but they don't constantly get talked up for the rest of time.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":17h0toex said:
I don't think theres been enough mention to how good they are playing.

Good enough to win the super bowl easily.

That last part is the main part. It's not that I don't share others' concerns with the offense; it's just that I think that we could legitimately score 17 in each of the next two games and come away with the Lombardi. That's how good this defense is.

Steve2222

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2bl4jnoc said:
Yeah, I think #3 is probably where we'll end up being regarded if we can close the thing out with a Super Bowl win and two more great defensive performances. Probably will be a unit like the 1999 Rams offense where many remember they were awesome but they don't constantly get talked up for the rest of time.

The Greatest Show on Turf gets plenty of mentions as an All Time best.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The talking heads will erase their memories and begin the Eli Manning resurgence yammering.

birdman5

Reaction score
Concidering the Super Bowl will likely be played in cold crappy weather, the current style of play will likely be the best style of play.

sutz

Reaction score
Not enough shutouts to really say we're better than those teams, but yeah, #3 D is a good bet.

Especially if we can keep most of it together for a few years. The Ravens went on a really long run of having excellent D. The Bears were similar in longevity, though perhaps not in the same league as the Ravens.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
birdman5":3tu1juey said:
Concidering the Super Bowl will likely be played in cold crappy weather, the current style of play will likely be the best style of play.

And also the kind of weather Peyton struggles in

I'll take the Broncos over the Pats