Hopefully the players are not/will not....

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Make the same mistake many of you are making!

There is no room for overconfidence. No game in this league is a given, especially against Drew freakin Brees. I'd like to think that we learned some valuable things in the loss against arizona, at HOME. But judging by some/quite a few of the fans sentiments, I'm worried.

All in all, this is not a time to relax. The 12th man needs to bring their A game! We can sniff the finish line of our goal, let's not throw it all away because of stupidity.

Axx

Reaction score
Idk, there is a decent chance that every single one of their press confresses where they see "1-0" every week is just mumbo jumbo?

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Who cares if we do. Saints are soft, this is a horrible match up for them. We are going to shove it down their throats.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2pzj10s3 said:
Is this the 40 or 50th topic started about fan overconfidence?

Obviously it can't be stated enough.....

Treefiddy":2pzj10s3 said:
Who cares if we do. Saints are soft, this is a horrible match up for them. We are going to shove it down their throats.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My god, how many fricken times do we have to see a thread saying that WE can't be overconfident. What WE think and/or act about the game has NOTHING to do with how the team will play.
Soon, it will be time to spell out the big words. holy crap

JonRud

Reaction score
It must be so much easier to be a player during a week like this. They are constantly busy watching film, attending meetings, working out, practicing & such.

All us fans have to do is sit around waiting, getting nothing done at work, and posting our insecurities on a message board.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Axx":38v716up said:
Idk, there is a decent chance that every single one of their press confresses where they see "1-0" every week is just mumbo jumbo?

They have said it in the week leading up into a loss(Arizona, San Fran, etc), or a terrible performance that shouldn't of happened(tampa bay)

And yes, we can lose at home

Seeker

Reaction score
I haven't seen one thread showing anyone of us being that over confident. why are all these post coming up?

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1f0sin1v said:
My god, how many fricken times do we have to see a thread saying that WE can't be overconfident. What WE think and/or act about the game has NOTHING to do with how the team will play.
Soon, it will be time to spell out the big words. holy crap

Cool story bro, but can you read the thread title?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever man, if you want to be all freaked out and worried, and assume the players will act over-confident, go for it.
Here's an idea, ENJOY THE RIDE, and have a Coke and a Smile 8)

And we are not "making a mistake" WE.....DON'T.....PLAY......ON........THE.....TEAM.....

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's not overconfidence to feel you have the better team and home field advantage and should win the game.

Not even a Saints fan is going to tell you you are being overconfident for that belief.

It's called an upset for a reason.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fxcopglg said:
Whatever man, if you want to be all freaked out and worried, and assume the players will act over-confident, go for it.
Here's an idea, ENJOY THE RIDE, and have a Coke and a Smile 8)

More than just enjoying the ride, its all about putting an actual Superbowl trophy in the case. Historically/recently, complacency, arrogance and overconfidence has been a killer of high seeds.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3mu8jdnw said:
Sarlacc83":3mu8jdnw said:
Is this the 40 or 50th topic started about fan overconfidence?

Obviously it can't be stated enough.....

I'm not quite sure how this is obvious, considering the number of people in this thread telling you that you're wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
None of which has anything to do with how the fans feel about the game. After what you've seen from this team, how in the hell can you think that they won't be fired up and prepared????

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2a2ui6n2 said:
It's not overconfidence to feel you have the better team and home field advantage and should win the game.

Not even a Saints fan is going to tell you you are being overconfident for that belief.

It's called an upset for a reason.

True, but the simple fact/greater point is, you still have to bring your A game. Otherwise, upsets happen, and what a wasted opportunity this would be.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I hope you understand that this team is largely made up of the guys who made it to the divisional round last year and lost. If you think that after that experience, the players will be satisfied with just a division title, then I'd argue you haven't been paying attention to this team.

And it's the postseason, man... a whole different animal than the regular season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There are two things I find most annoying on fan forums: The "super"fans who think their team is going to blow out the opponent no matter what and the guys who warn us against overconfidence. One is just being a fan, but bringing no substance to the discussion, the other is just being silly.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1ocmrooa said:
There are two things I find most annoying on fan forums: The "super"fans who think their team is going to blow out the opponent no matter what and the guys who warn us against overconfidence. One is just being a fan, but bringing no substance to the discussion, the other is just being silly.

Yes, warnings against the pitfalls of overconfidence, complacency and arrogance is just being silly.....