Hopefully the players are not/will not....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wait a second SeaTown. You mean to tell me that other teams can actually play hard too, and could actually win the game because they played better? It's so confusing :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the Seahawks lose, I'll blame those on here who were overconfident. It's all their fault....
:sarcasm_off:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1xigamtl said:
I will just add this to the topic, it does seem like whenever we felt the most comfortable as fans going into a game (Tampa Bay, the Niners the 2nd time and the Cards game at home) that's our guys did seem to have a lackluster performance. Not saying that we can't be confident, but lets also be cautious as this game will in now way look like the 1st time we played the Saints.

I think anyone who has been a Seahawk fan longer than the Russel Wilson era has deep seeded and dark feelings about any Seahawk playoff game. This isnt a rip on any "new" Hawk fans, they just have only experienced the one gut punch in Atlanta.

I'm confident, but with any Seahawks game, cautiously so.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Why this need to caution others how to think? why the hell is it a mistake for a fan to be confident?

Perhaps the OP can invent a device that measures optimism and confidence. Then we can make sure we always stay within safe levels. Send the prototypes to Pete, so he can make sure the players never are anything but just the right level of confident.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":qf01vplu said:
Why this need to caution others how to think? why the hell is it a mistake for a fan to be confident?

Perhaps the OP can invent a device that measures optimism and confidence. Then we can make sure we always stay within safe levels. Send the prototypes to Pete, so he can make sure the players never are anything but just the right level of confident.

Maybe they should replace the "I'm In!" signs with ones that read, "I'm Pretty Dedicated To This Team, All Things Considered!"

That way, we can ensure that no one goes overboard with anything.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3nkqt3g6 said:
Scottemojo":3nkqt3g6 said:

Maybe they should replace the "I'm In!" signs with ones that read, "I'm Pretty Dedicated To This Team, All Things Considered!"

There shouldn't be a exclamation mark at the end of "Considered". Much, much, much too excited.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":swhnsw37 said:
volsunghawk":swhnsw37 said:
Scottemojo":swhnsw37 said:

There shouldn't be a exclamation mark at the end of "Considered". Much, much, much too excited.

Holy hell, I didn't catch that. I hope the team doesn't lose to the Saints now because of that unbridled enthusiasm. :(

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Lmao at people getting butthurt itt, or on this topic. Yes, lettuce ignore history.

Uncle Si":11wzztyh said:
akscoundrel":11wzztyh said:
SalishHawkFan":11wzztyh said:
There are two things I find most annoying on fan forums: The "super"fans who think their team is going to blow out the opponent no matter what and the guys who warn us against overconfidence. One is just being a fan, but bringing no substance to the discussion, the other is just being silly.

Yes, warnings against the pitfalls of overconfidence, complacency and arrogance is just being silly.....

yes, warning fans is silly...

we have no impact on the game. Go warn the players if you feel the need.

To be clear, you think the fans in the stadium have no impact on the game?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Make sure you don't go outside, it might rain on you. It's so scary out there, you might get wet :roll:

Latest posts