Who is officiating the game?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This could really affect our LOB if they are handing out ticky tack calls. Anyone know?

JonRud

Reaction score
please don't be Mike Carey, please don't be Mike Carey, please don't be Mike Carey.

A

Anonymous

JonRud":385kuhtv said:
please don't be Mike Carey, please don't be Mike Carey, please don't be Mike Carey.

But Carey is the highest-ranked ref... :sarcasm_on:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1vlmklgg said:
JonRud":1vlmklgg said:

But Carey is the highest-ranked ref... :sarcasm_on:

Bigger question is why is Carey a ref (anymore) at all?!! :dead_pan on:

ottawahawkfan

Reaction score
McAulay was last seen in the Thursday night game in Arizona. Penalties - Seahawks 10-70, Cards 3-22.
But all things considered, I'm happy with this news.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Barthawk":i28k39jw said:
Terry McAulay is the ref per football zebras
Graduate of LSU, and a native son of Louisiana.................

Tom delonge wtf1

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Saturday, Jan. 11
NFC Wild Card: Saints at Seahawks, 4:30 p.m. (Fox)
Terry McAulay is the referee, who is in his 16th year and 13th as referee. This is McAulay’s 13th postseason assignment (2 wild card playoffs, 2 divisional playoffs, 7 conference championships, and Super Bowls XXXIX and XLIII). His Super Bowl assignments were both as a referee.
Yr. Crew College Occupation
R 77 Terry McAulay 16 Louisiana State college officiating coordinator

AFC Wild Card: Colts at Patriots, 8:15 p.m. (CBS)
Pete Morelli is the referee, who is in his 17th year and 12th as referee. This is Morelli’s 14th postseason assignment (6 wild card playoffs, 5 divisional playoffs, 2 conference championships, and Super Bowl XXXVI). His Super Bowl assignment was as a field judge.
R 135 Pete Morelli 17 St Mary’s high school principal
Sunday, Jan. 12

NFC Wild Card: 49ers at Panthers, 1 p.m. (Fox)
Carl Cheffers is the referee, who is in his 14th season and 6th as referee. This is Cheffers’ 8th postseason assignment (3 wild card playoffs, 3 divisional playoffs, 2 conference championships).
R 51 Carl Cheffers 14 California-Irvine sales manager

AFC Wild Card: Chargers at Broncos, 4:30 p.m. (CBS)
Clete Blakeman is the referee, who is in his 6th season and 4th as referee. This is Blakeman’s 3rd postseason assignment (2 wild card playoffs, first divisional playoffs). Blakeman missed the playoffs last season; because he could not earn a playoff assignment in his first year as an official or as a referee, it was the only season in his NFL career that he did not qualify.

Via the link above....Backlinked and then copied it here. Good day to all.
Edited for clarity between the games. (my cat told me to do it)
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, his crew was calling PI against Seattle quite a bit in that Arizona game. Luckily, it was already a blowout.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Best known for bottlegate. Terry McAulay stopped play to review a catch by the Browns after the Browns already ran a play. In short, the catch was ruled an in completion, plastic bottles littered the stadium field and with 48 seconds still left in the game made the announcement all Browns fans remember to this day, "The game is over"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM

sflahawk

Reaction score
This is another attempt to keep the hawks down. the NFL hates that there poster child Kaepernick will have to play in seattle and this will allow them an opportunity to play at home if they win and close out Candlestick with an NFC championship game. Just like in 05' when the BUS retired, they had to make sure he got his ring. There is no way this guy should be refereeing this game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sflahawk":319gtdfx said:
This is another attempt to keep the hawks down. the NFL hates that there poster child Kaepernick will have to play in seattle and this will allow them an opportunity to play at home if they win and close out Candlestick with an NFC championship game. Just like in 05' when the BUS retired, they had to make sure he got his ring. There is no way this guy should be refereeing this game.

:34853_doh:

jblaze

Reaction score
The way it looks from last weeks games was that the ref's were told to let the guys play a bit more which is good for us. It seem pervasive across all the games I saw.

I like this, obviously, because it lets our physical play freelance a bit but I don't like it because it should be consistent across the regular and post season. How are players suddenly supposed to change their gameplay just because we've swapped over to the postseason? Not fair imo.

hawker84

Reaction score
sflahawk":1zhp40bo said:

Hope you're not serious, if so? Please stop.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Mike Carey hasn't reffed a game yet, and if he's considered the best, it seems like we'll have a 2/3 shot of having him in either the NFCC or SB...

lukerguy

Reaction score
The vote on FB Zebras for SB ref has McAulay as the top vote getter. He must be a good ref. He's also reffed 2 of the last 9 SBs. I think he's probably a good ref. He may not lets us get away with all of our stuff that say Morelli or Hocculi may, but in the end, all we want is a fair game (not Carey who will be looking for flags against us)