So Marshawn really got fined $50, 000 for not speaking...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
To media...Lol. That's ridiculous as hell. Hope Marshawn gives them even less from now on.

"@AdamSchefter: This week NFL fined Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch $50,000 - $50,000! - for not speaking to media throughout this season, per Seattle source."

TwilightError

Reaction score
This proves that this is more a circus act than a sport.

Axx

Reaction score
Lmao this is ridiculous.
Who the heck was keeping tabs on him?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Unbelievable. This is the game of football. He comes to work, he plays a game and he goes home. Leave the media to those who are up for it.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's probably worth it for him. Hope it makes him even more beastly on Saturday.

gallacher88

Reaction score
Jus read this story. Cant believe its mandatory to speak to the media. Some people are quiet does that mean they should be punished for it? Shocking hope from now on he gives them nothing to work with

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The NFL would apparently rather have more TOs than Marshawns. Pathetic.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
That SUCKS.

Shawn is such an awesome interview if you can get him to open up, now the media will never really know cause the NFL burnt that bridge by making him pay out of pocket. I won't expect very much of anything from future Marshawn interviews (NFL Press Conferences specifically), because if he didn't hate doing it before...he will now.

He should just stick to the interviews he gave on RRR, short and sweet...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why raise a collection for a multi millionaire who has been fined 1% of his salary because he chose not to speak to the media (and therefore the fans) at least one time this season?

Speaking to the media is part of the job. It's not like Seattle's press give anyone a hard time.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3lom5eg2 said:
Why raise a collection for a multi millionaire who has been fined 1% of his salary because he chose not to speak to the media (and therefore the fans) at least one time this season?

Speaking to the media is part of the job. It's not like Seattle's press give anyone a hard time.

I know you Brits are naturally predisposed to being gloomy negative Nancy's, but really? Lol. Stop being so serious. Of course this is ridiculous.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
$50,000 seems to be a fair price to pay to avoid having to deal with the media all season. If I'm Marshawn I'm asking if I can pay in advance for next season too.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
I hope JS or Mr. Allen give $50k to Lynch for his 1:30 second "speaking" engagement last week...

Lynch really should have his agent review his contract for the absolute least amount of press conference words he has to say to not get fined. Would love for him to field a few questions and just say yes, no or I don't have a thought on that...