Harvin: When To Play Him

Would you risk playing Harvin in 10 days?

• Yes. It's worth it to help us make it to the NFC Championship game.

Votes: 170 92.9%
  • No. I would let him rest another week assuming we will make it to the NFCCG without him.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I would wait until the SB if we were to make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would place him on IR and wait until the 2014 season.

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to have Harvin practice this week hopefully in preparation to play in the divisional playoff game in 10 days. Would you take the risk to play him in that game or take the calculated risk that the Seahawks will make it to the NFC Championship game without him (resting him for another week) and play him in the NFCCG to help the team make it to NY?

oasis

Reaction score
Assuming we get into the superb owl, we would want Harvin to have optimal chemistry with Russell. We gotta play him as soon as possible.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The risk of further injury to his hip is what makes the question difficult IMO. Look what happened after he played, what, 17 snaps with two touches in the Vikings game? He hasn't been back since.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yes. Pkay him now! He tilts the field by himself! Imagine him with Russ and Tate...this could get Peyton Manning worried.....he has to play 15-20 plays with Wilson for chemistry at least.:)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
At the very least you get him ready to contribute if needed.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". For someone who runs like a cheetah, this WR/KR appears to be pretty fragile. I'm thinking that Pete will use him sparingly.....and target him even less!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If he can play next Saturday, you use him.

Now.. I would not let him ANYWHERE near a kickoff.. leave Baldwin back there.. but offensively, just him being on the field is going to help the passing game immensely

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Every week is a championship game. Play his ass now.

Even if he can't go in the NFCCG, the other team will spend a week getting ready for him if he played the week before.

2014 does not exist right now.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Not really a difficult question in my opinion, you play him as soon as physically possible. Championship opportunities are rare. Don't squander them by thinking about next year.

djb28

Reaction score
Play him. If he breaks, He breaks. It is not like we will miss him at this point.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He will not be allowed to play unless he recovers well from each practice, so I think the approach is sufficiently cautious. If they keep holding out for the absolute perfect time to suit him up, that time may never come. Right now the results of his hard work and the teams conservative approach to injuries is aligning with a big opportunity. The risk (more swelling that will go away) vs reward (Percy on the field) seems very favorable at this time. Go for it!

Eamon696

Reaction score
This is the playoffs. There is no guarantee that we make it to the Conference Championship Round, so we should try to field our best team in this game. If he is ready to go, he should play.

Happy

Reaction score
It's win or go home time starting now.

Unleash the kraken!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
We would like to think that with this roster, it's almost a given that this team will undoubtedly be in this same position next year. Fact of the matter is, no one knows what seed we will be in the playoffs next year, let alone make it at all. You want to protect your investment for future use, but at the same time you should also want to utilize it now in these last few games and receive some type of return for all the cash you just dropped. Worry about next year... next year. Right now? Go for the gold.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Pending no risk of further set back, you play him right away. If there's a chance of set back, I think you re-consider. I would be somewhat okay with him playing the divisional and SB if he needed more time to rest before the big game.

There's a real chance the divisional could be more difficult than the NFC championship- GB/SF/NO versus possibly Car/PHI

main

Reaction score
I honestly think he has been healthy for a while. Is it just a coincident they never put Harvin on the I.R. and he suddenly was ready to start practicing right after locking down the #1 seed and getting a bye week?

I think Harvin was told to not speak (twitter, interviews, etc), not play, and heal until playoff time. The Seahawks did not need him during the regular season. Plus, if Harvin starts during the playoffs, opposing teams in the playoffs won't have much film (with him in it) to study.

Harvin was probably getting pissed off reading and hearing the media talk bad about him while he was out (especially knowing he was fine, but couldn't speak or tweet). That is why he tweeted something about "haters fueling his fire". Notice his twitter account was silent after he was "injured" during the Vikings game? He would only tweet about the holidays.

But that is just my opinion. I may be wrong.. lol.

sutz

Reaction score
If he ready, play him. It's not rocket science, it's football.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If he can play, play him. This is not a decision that sets the franchise back a few years whatever happens. (see last season wild card game, where Shanahan played RG3 with only one knee...) Its worth the risk right now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't care if it's just a few touches to a build-up, you play him if HE thinks he can, but you don't hit the NITRO button until the big game.

Latest posts