Harvin: When To Play Him

Would you risk playing Harvin in 10 days?

• Yes. It's worth it to help us make it to the NFC Championship game.

Votes: 170 92.9%
  • No. I would let him rest another week assuming we will make it to the NFCCG without him.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I would wait until the SB if we were to make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would place him on IR and wait until the 2014 season.

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Activate
Set in motion
Acclimate
Prosper

He will spread the defense and open up the opportunities.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
After the Minnesota game's rest I have thought that they were more concerned about his recovery time. Pete specifically stated in a presser that if they had to play him, they could, but that he might not be available in the following game.

That to me felt like he was going to be used as late as possible, maybe even the Super Bowl, but part of me feels like Harvin might play in every playoff game. At least the NFCC and Super Bowl if they advance. I am not saying that this was some conspiracy, but I do believe that there was certainly some strategy behind it.

We will certainly know more if we see him on the field and he is able to play more than one game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3stqbf4x said:
After the Minnesota game's rest I have thought that they were more concerned about his recovery time. Pete specifically stated in a presser that if they had to play him, they could, but that he might not be available in the following game.

That to me felt like he was going to be used as late as possible, maybe even the Super Bowl, but part of me feels like Harvin might play in every playoff game. At least the NFCC and Super Bowl if they advance. I am not saying that this was some conspiracy, but I do believe that there was certainly some strategy behind it.

We will certainly know more if we see him on the field and he is able to play more than one game.

I don't ever remember Pete saying that they could play them if they had to, that would leave everyone to speculate and criticize the team and Harvin if he said that. He's been about as vague and cryptic as a coach can be when answering questions about Percy.

My take is I think this is Percy pushing the issue, he sees a chance for this team to go all the way and wants to be a part of it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lets see how he practices and the result of that and make a decision. But his presence on the field is a nightmare for D.C.'s

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Here's what I would do: I'd leave it to the people better informed on the situation. Oh wait, that's what all of us are actually doing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
My answer has nothing to do with the poll answers, so I just selected the upcoming game, because IMO, you play Percy Harvin when he's able to play, not before and not after. I have no idea if that will be this week or not. It's painfully obvious that he won't be 100% until he gets the offseason to recuperate, but given that he can't be 100%, I'd want to see him out there when he's physically ready to be out there.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The only game you're guaranteed to play in the playoffs is the next on on your schedule. If Harvin can play and makes you better you should play him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do think Harvin plays now, especially after reading his tweets last week thanking all the haters. One thing you can always count on with athletes, their biggest motivator next to the almighty dollar is their pride.

hawk45

Reaction score
I picked NFCCG but really I wonder if we can't have the best of all worlds. Keep him suited up for games and if we get in trouble in the first half (the defense will not allow it to be too much trouble) then put the Harvin out there. Otherwise, use him very very judiciously to make sure you have him further in the run to glory.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Play him. Don't hold back. Even using him as a decoy at times

WarHawks

Reaction score
Who is this Percy Harvin guy? I can't recall ever hearing anything about him. Discuss. :stirthepot: :snack: