Harvin: When To Play Him

Would you risk playing Harvin in 10 days?

• Yes. It's worth it to help us make it to the NFC Championship game.

Votes: 170 92.9%
  • No. I would let him rest another week assuming we will make it to the NFCCG without him.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I would wait until the SB if we were to make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would place him on IR and wait until the 2014 season.

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1193flmo said:
...........Now.. I would not let him ANYWHERE near a kickoff.. leave Baldwin back there.. but offensively, just him being on the field is going to help the passing game immensely
This

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He has to play as much as possible and this includes returning Ko's ..You can't play scared..If he gets hurt well what else is new??Next man up!!! GO HAWKS!!! :49ersmall:

themunn

Reaction score
i cannot, for the life of me, remember the last time a returner was seriously injured on a kick-off.
there's been the odd concussion, yes, but the likelihood of injury can't be any higher than that of a WR

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
themunn":35faf0gk said:
i cannot, for the life of me, remember the last time a returner was seriously injured on a kick-off.
there's been the odd concussion, yes, but the likelihood of injury can't be any higher than that of a WR

No I agree, I don't think there's any reason at all to hold him out of kickoffs.

JonRud

Reaction score
No reason to save him. That would be akin to trailing a baseball playoff series 3 games to 2 and saving your ace starting pitcher for Game 7. Only problem is you may never make it to that game so you pitch him in Game 6.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Considering the amount of rest he has already had. The extreme caution taken after the Minnesota game. If he is going to break down after just one game it's probably destined to happen that way anyways.

This may sound harsh but I would rather have him end his career as a Seahawk (and probably a football player) this January then next August or September. Something tells me the competitor in him feels the same way. Which is why we are seeing things play out the way they currently are.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Jiggy":35ojukuz said:
Considering the amount of rest he has already had. The extreme caution taken after the Minnesota game. If he is going to break down after just one game it's probably destined to happen that way anyways.

This may sound harsh but I would rather have him end his career as a Seahawk (and probably a football player) this January then next August or September. Something tells me the competitor in him feels the same way. Which is why we are seeing things play out the way they currently are.

You for some reason feel he has a career ending injury? Based on?

A

Anonymous

Practice him wisely, suit him up and have him ready, use him ONLY if we need to secure the wins. I'm in the "don't let him return kicks" crowd. His presence lined-up as a wide-out from scrimmage is where he is going to be the most effective.

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have one". (Alien vs. Predator)

ludakrishna

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1o4dn1bu said:
themunn":1o4dn1bu said:

No I agree, I don't think there's any reason at all to hold him out of kickoffs.

Agree completely. Just having him back their to receive a kickoff will make teams kick it short/squib and allow us better field position. It also increases the possibility of the kicker kicking it out of bounds by overthinking what he's trying to do.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Can I choose "If he's ready, roll him out. Full go."?

Look if he's playing I'd let him go full tilt; we all know there is no guarantee we'll play in the NFC CG.

"Pocket aces? I'll go all in on some other hand."

jdblack

Reaction score
How the heck should we know if he's ready to play? It depends on how ready his hip is. Silly question imo.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I see this as similar to baseball. You gotta start your best pitcher in Game 7 even if it throws off your lineup for the next series.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
At this point I'd be happy with Harvin just returning KO's and being on the field to create matchup problems.

djb28

Reaction score
main":3qdovfp4 said:
I honestly think he has been healthy for a while. Is it just a coincident they never put Harvin on the I.R. and he suddenly was ready to start practicing right after locking down the #1 seed and getting a bye week?

I think Harvin was told to not speak (twitter, interviews, etc), not play, and heal until playoff time. The Seahawks did not need him during the regular season. Plus, if Harvin starts during the playoffs, opposing teams in the playoffs won't have much film (with him in it) to study.

Harvin was probably getting pissed off reading and hearing the media talk bad about him while he was out (especially knowing he was fine, but couldn't speak or tweet). That is why he tweeted something about "haters fueling his fire". Notice his twitter account was silent after he was "injured" during the Vikings game? He would only tweet about the holidays.

But that is just my opinion. I may be wrong.. lol.

More like getting pissed reading these boards. Haha

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
main":vkqkb6ih said:
I honestly think he has been healthy for a while. Is it just a coincident they never put Harvin on the I.R. and he suddenly was ready to start practicing right after locking down the #1 seed and getting a bye week?

I don't think he's been healthy. I just think this is 100% Percy trying like hell to get back onto the field to help his team win, and now Pete's going to give him a chance to prove it.

Pete and John know this is a six year commitment with Harvin, and are being overly cautious with his hip..........and so far they haven't ABSOLUTELY needed him to win the division and lock up the #1 seed. Now that the playoffs are here they're willing to give Harvin a chance to get back out there.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My thoughts on this can be surmised by the following quote:

There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and **** one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and **** 'em all".

warden

Reaction score
When the Doctors, trainers coaches, and Percy think he is ready, you play him. Make this decision on facts. Everything else is just BS

Latest posts