What The Hell Is Going On With Doug Baldiwin?

Sturm

Reaction score
Last 2 weeks he's only had 1 freakin' catch. I haven't heard about any injuries so I'm guessing he's just not getting open.

He's gotta pick it up and start pulling his weight. Tate can't do it all by himself!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
He had 6 targets vs AZ and only 1 vs Stl. Not much he can do with those kind of looks. ADB will be there and ready for next weekend.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wow. Fickle, much?

This dude has freakin' carried the passing game at several points this season. You're really going to get on his case over one game where the team locked up the #1 seed? No one on our offense did anything in the Arizona game. In fact, his two great returns may have been the only bright spots that whole day.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Has more to do with Kearse being banged up, and going against two tough pass rushes, than Baldwin.

He is not set up like an outside receiver but needs to play like one lately.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
With Lynch running well and Tate having his way with the Rams secondary, the play-calling as the game went on might have just taken Wilson away from Baldwin. Keep in mind he was the target on the first third down play but Wilson missed him.

getnasty

Reaction score
DBfresh is hard to figure out, the moment you get down on this guy he comes up with a huge play. Seems like him and Golden are taking turns when it comes to carrying the passing game. Hopefully they can both put it together at the same time during the playoffs.

OP
OP
S

Sturm

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3gha280a said:
He had 6 targets vs AZ and only 1 vs Stl. Not much he can do with those kind of looks. ADB will be there and ready for next weekend.

The fact that he was only targeted 1 time last week could suggest he had problems getting open.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't recall anyone but Tate getting targeted more than twice yesterday, except Miller who had three.

chris98251

Reaction score
Have to know what the Rams wanted to take away, Baldwin has been clutch and they may have under overed him the whole game and thought they could one on one Tate. That worked well didn't it :).

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sturm":2m7e2tms said:
Last 2 weeks he's only had 1 freakin' catch. I haven't heard about any injuries so I'm guessing he's just not getting open.

He's gotta pick it up and start pulling his weight. Tate can't do it all by himself!

Baldwin? DOUG Baldwin? When has Baldwin done anything but exceed expectations? Don't you think it might be a bit early to start suggesting things like Baldwin isn't pulling his weight?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't know whats going on with him haven't checked his twitter, or called him this week.

I'm not worried at all, Russell Wilson is just too good to worry.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
It seems like when Baldwin goes off, Tate's numbers are way down, and vice versa. It may be as simple as which way the extra defender is rotating.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Is this sarcasm?

If he had a poor game, it was one we won.

On the other hand, he won a few games for us with huge contributions and kept other games close.

Baldwin has been huge for us this year.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Not giving lots of material to our next opponents. All our receivers are fine and Percy is expected to play soon.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well this is a new low, we're going at a dude who's been the most consistent target we've had all season.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Seems to me (and I hope this is the case) that Pete is probably hiding his hand. Pete strikes me as a mad scientist type and I am excited to see how the playoffs are going to unfold.

drdiags

Reaction score
I seem to remember a few games where Baldwin was catching several passes and Tate not being visible. Just as someone noted above, it probably is based on how the defense is rotating their coverage. In the AZ game, seemed like Wilson was trying to hit Kearse a whole lot more prior to him munging up his ankle.

The WR corp needs a healthy Harvin and Rice, or similar type talent to get to the next level. They are not a group currently that strikes fear in an opposing team's defense. They are effective but not dynamic. The team's 3rd WR on Sunday was Ricardo Lockette with Bryan Walters backing up all 3 spots. Tate, Baldwin, Lockette and Walters. I think an NFL defense can shut the majority of these guys down with the addition of a DL that has 3 major talents on it.

This is all the team has. If Baldwin is having a down time, he will be trying to pick it up. If you see the lack of production, he and the coaches see it as well.

Latest posts