Preparation during a bye week

Giblien

Reaction score
How do you think the Hawks will prep during their bye week? 1/3 of the time for each team or something else?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
They will plan for all 3 this week. Then focus on our opponent after Saturdays game.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
They'll take a few days off and then practice on Thursday. The coaching staff will do some preliminary scouting of the 3 teams, but the players won't prep for a specific team until they know who they are playing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Per Pete, this week is more about self-scouting. In practice, it will be Seattle Offense vs. Seattle Defense. The coaches will look at the tape for all three teams, but probably won't start game-planning an opponent until it's determined.

chris98251

Reaction score
They get everyone in one of those Hyperbolic chambers to watch film for the first 3 days. :) then the above.

Joey13091

Reaction score
How about they practice on not committing so many penalties.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Marshawn sits all of his O Line down at the kindergarten table and asks them, "What's better, more rushing touchdowns or less?" *its not difficult*

OP
OP
Giblien

Giblien

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":280lb96h said:
Marshawn sits all of his O Line down at the kindergarten table and asks them, "What's better, more rushing touchdowns or less?" *its not difficult*

:th2thumbs: Oh man, that needs to be a video...badly...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":2scm3hv4 said:
They'll take a few days off and then practice on Thursday. The coaching staff will do some preliminary scouting of the 3 teams, but the players won't prep for a specific team until they know who they are playing.

They will all take time off except Russell. He will be at the VMAC by 4:00AM everyday looking at film and doing preliminary work on the game plan.

Slick

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":ihlxw92j said:
NorthwestSportsFan":ihlxw92j said:

They will all take time off except Russell. He will be at the VMAC by 4:00AM everyday looking at filmgb and doing preliminary work on the game plan.

I do the same thing but I drink 9 whiskey sours, cram my fingers down my throat, and then vomit for 7.5 minutes.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I would think there is a lot in common with all three teams. Maybe they focus on those things this week while the coaches start scouting the differences between the three and planning for those so they can get a jump start next week once the opponent is decided?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
If it were up to me, I would have a lot of time dedicated to back to the fundamentals. Blocking techniques, form tackling, route running....etc. Not necessarily hard hitting but good solid walkthrus. Team would be mostly all about tuning up our O. The D is clearly playing at an elite lvl at the moment so just need to maintain. I think even the players clearly realize this and would be accepting of the focus w/out being considered a slap in the face.

253hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":34ehx9or said:
They get everyone in one of those Hyperbolic chambers to watch film for the first 3 days. :) then the above.

So that's where the PED issue is coming from. We bought the wrong chambers!