Packers, Niners, or Saints - who does .NET want to play?

Who do you want to see on January 11th?

• Packers

Votes: 100 36.4%
  • 49ers

Votes: 89 32.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 86 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to take the temperature of who people would most like to run into in the divisional round. Personally I think that the Niners are easily our scariest opponent in the NFC, both in overall quality and in the way they match up with us. I'd much rather play an offense-heavy team like New Orleans or Green Bay in the divisional round myself, given that our defense can handle essentially any team's offense at the Clink, and I want to see us up against a defense that our offense can get comfortable against.

With New Orleans and Green Bay both having elite quarterbacks, I think my leaning is toward preferring to play Green Bay due to their inferior defense. But it's a close call between those two.

Will I

Reaction score
I voted for GB. NO has already been here this year and will be ready I think. SF is just too familiar and don't want them to have the chance to knock us out at our place. I think GB's D is the most vulnerable and as long as there's no A-rod conspiracy, their our easiest win... IMO.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want the Niners, period. The taste of their tears would be orgasmic.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think they match up well with New Orleans, but either Green Bay or San Francisco would be coming to C-Link on short rest. A toss up, really.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
my gut tells me that Saints wont win outdoors in Philly so the winner of GB vs SF will play in Seattle. I think we beat either team since they both have a short week and I dont think Kaep can handle Clink and the defense of the packers cant contain DangeRuss... Of course I would rather face the 49ers in the championship game, simply because I believe those are the best two teams in the NFC or rather the NFL... I dont know how to explain it but I KNOW this is the Seahawks year!

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I think the Niners or Saints, Saints away from their Dome are consistently and repeatedly poor, and can't see myself ever hoping to play a team containing Aaron Rodgers when there are other options lol.

GCrow

Reaction score
I want the 9ers... Just not yet. Wait until the biggest game possible to take them out. So I voted the Saints because I don't think they know how to play football outside of the SuperDome.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
The Saints. There is really no doubt about it.

Let the winner of the Niners Packers go to Carolina.

Philly in Carolina would be like a 2nd bye for Carolina.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I said Saints in a different thread. Changing to Packers now. Just for something fresh for more interesting entertainment.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I want it to be the 49ers. nothing would be more sweet than beating a division rival one more time on the way to the big dance.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
All three possible Divisional round opponents would be entertaining, It's Philly and Carolina that seem a little boring.

SEA VS SF Part III- SF can't win in SEA we have dominated them the last 2 times at home. I just don't think Kapernick has the composure to pull off an upset in our house. But....... they could beat us up and make it real tough on our guys the next week. On the other hand... I'd love nothing more than be the team to knock DouchBag Harbaugh and his whiners out of the playoffs. Entertainment “Hype” Value 10/10 –Likelihood of victory 6/10

SEA VS GB Revenge of the "Fail Mary"- GB fans would love to get revenge for last seasons so called "fail mary". I'd love to smack them around and put an end to the idea GB could actually win in our house. Their Defense is suspect and it would be nice to finally play a team with a weak defense. But..... A. Rodgers is dangerous and having Randle Cobb they could put up points very quickly. On the other hand... the risk is worth the reward to forever end the "fail mary" mumbo jumbo. Entertainment “Hype” Value 9/10 –Likelihood of victory 7/10

SEA VS NO Beastquake playoff rematch- We already dominated them once this year and seem to match up best ainst teams with weak defenses and soft front 7's. But....Drew Brees is an amazing QB and I doubt he puts up another stinker, he will come prepared and with some of the weapons NO has it's hard to imagine we can completely contain them for a 2nd straight. On the other hand... I think New Orleans would statistically be our most likely to win and anything we can up our odds on making it to the next round I'll take it. Entertainment “Hype” Value 7/10 –Likelihood of victory 8/10

Now on to the potential NFC Championship matchups

SEA VS CAR 2005 NFC Championship rematch- We've done it once we can do it again, knocking Carolina out on our way to the super bowl seems like just a few years ago. Of all the NFC playoff team I think Carolina has the lowest profile, I kind of feel like a SEA vs Car NFC Championship wouldn't draw that great of TV ratings and good old fashion tough defensive games are not always crowd pleasers either. I'm not looking forward to playing such a dominate defense, and keeping Wilson upright would be a challenge. I also don't like how Mr Cam Newton being the freak athlete can take over a game at any moment. But... Newton has never played in Seattle and I think he'd be in for a rude awakening. This could easily be a repeat of the dominating win in 05 or a battle to the last second like the last 2 times we played them. Entertainment “Hype” Value 6/10 –Likelihood of victory 7/10

SEA VS PHI USC Carrol vs OU Kelly or battle of 3rd rd QB Wilson vs Foles- Philly always chokes. But McCoy and D. Jackson are scary scary weapons I'm not looking forward playing against. I think Foles would get rattled but the crowd but not as bad as a guy like Newton. After seeing how Dallas played Philly so close I think they are not as good as I thought they were, but something tells me they are a team getting hot at the right time and have the offensive weapons and opportunistic defense to make a run. Entertainment “Hype” Value 6/10 - likelihood of victory 8/10

I voted GB because as much as I'd want to be the team to beat SF and really rub us dominating this division rivalry in their face I'll be just as happy to see them lose to GB and have the opportunity wipe that smug look off A.Rodgers face. Not that it is likely to happen but if we somehow lost to SF this whoel season would end up being one of the most sour tastes ever besides XL for me. even if it's only a 5% chance it could happen, and I'd rather not go toe to toe with the 2nd best team in the NFL before possibly facing another smashmouth team in Carolina.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
DivisionalRound:
Give me the weak outdoors and intimidated Saints on the 2nd side of a back to back roadtrip before hosting the team that makes it out of a fierce battle in Carolina.

NFC Championship:
Green Bay vs Seattle after playing SanFran defense THEN Carolina defense on the road
OR
SanFran on 3rd consecutive ROAD game and tenderized by Carolina
OR
Carolina minus SteveSmith plus Kam Newton who we own and has never played in Seattle

That's the surest road to the Super Bowl

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As I wrote in the other thread, I'm thinking I'd take the Saints. Though there's a piece of me that's a bit nervous about the prospect of seeing them again, starting with their loss to the Hawks on December 2nd, the Saints lost 3 of their final 5 games. In the regular season, they allowed an average of 4.6 Yards/Rush (tied for 27th in that category) and an average of 114.1 Rushing Yards/Game (19th). It sure seems like Carroll and the rest of the Seattle coaching staff have the blueprint on how to attack both the Saints offense and defense.

Green Bay wouldn't be a bad choice either, as their Pass and Rush Defense was pretty bad in the regular season. The only thing that gives me pause is the idea of facing Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It is a good question but I also vote for any of the above; I just don't see much separation between those any of those three teams in CenturyLink. The 49ers are the most likely to turn it into a low scoring brawl, while both GB and NO could be carried by their offense if either was able to get rolling. All three would be entertaining games.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Jesus people.

Let HFA be an advantage.

We want the Saints on back to back road games.

NOT Green Bay off a home victory and NOT San Fran coming to a familiar place.

If San Fran beats Green Bay, let them take it on the road again and beat the shit out of themselves AND Carolina for the right to drag their weary asses to Seattle and lose.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1zma5uer said:
DivisionalRound:
Give me the weak outdoors and intimidated Saints on the 2nd side of a back to back roadtrip before hosting the team that makes it out of a fierce battle in Carolina.

NFC Championship:
Green Bay vs Seattle after playing SanFran defense THEN Carolina defense on the road
OR
SanFran on 3rd consecutive ROAD game and tenderized by Carolina
OR
Carolina minus SteveSmith plus Kam Newton who we own and has never played in Seattle

That's the surest road to the Super Bowl

Our best chance would actually be by playing the toughest team first.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...k-advantage-in-divisional-round-playoff-games

Despite it being bleacher report there are some facts in this

Home teams win
Regular Season- 57% of the time
Wild Card Game- 66% of the time
Divisional Round- 74% of the time
Conference Champ- 64% of the time

Divisional round is our best odds at knocking off a team. If this article bring anything to light is that laying a team like SF after games @ AZ, then @ GB, while us playing @ home and a bye week. Our team will be in peak physical shape ready for a match-up like this. If we have to play them in the NFC Championship they will be on a more even playing field. Not to mention they Play at GB Sunday night and we have the early game on Saturday. We will be coming off a bye week and either GB or SF will be coming off a shorter week.

hoxrox

Reaction score
jamsomatic":3bbb5phx said:
Let HFA be an advantage.

We want the Saints on back to back road games.

NOT Green Bay off a home victory and NOT San Fran coming to a familiar place.

If San Fran beats Green Bay, let them take it on the road again and beat the shit out of themselves AND Carolina for the right to drag their weary asses to Seattle and lose.

I like the way you think.

Latest posts