Packers, Niners, or Saints - who does .NET want to play?

Who do you want to see on January 11th?

• Packers

Votes: 100 36.4%
  • 49ers

Votes: 89 32.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 86 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3gvixn3h said:
jamsomatic":3gvixn3h said:
DivisionalRound:
Give me the weak outdoors and intimidated Saints on the 2nd side of a back to back roadtrip before hosting the team that makes it out of a fierce battle in Carolina.

NFC Championship:
Green Bay vs Seattle after playing SanFran defense THEN Carolina defense on the road
OR
SanFran on 3rd consecutive ROAD game and tenderized by Carolina
OR
Carolina minus SteveSmith plus Kam Newton who we own and has never played in Seattle

That's the surest road to the Super Bowl

Our best chance would actually be by playing the toughest team first.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...k-advantage-in-divisional-round-playoff-games

Despite it being bleacher report there are some facts in this

Home teams win
Regular Season- 57% of the time
Wild Card Game- 66% of the time
Divisional Round- 74% of the time
Conference Champ- 64% of the time

Divisional round is our best odds at knocking off a team. If this article bring anything to light is that laying a team like SF after games @ AZ, then @ GB, while us playing @ home and a bye week. Our team will be in peak physical shape ready for a match-up like this. If we have to play them in the NFC Championship they will be on a more even playing field. Not to mention they Play at GB Sunday night and we have the early game on Saturday. We will be coming off a bye week and either GB or SF will be coming off a shorter week.

Interesting and thanks for bringing something new for me to consider:

My quick take, though, is we run the risk, then, of playing SF/CAR b2b. Naw. I'd prefer saints followed by whoever survives in Carolina. I will take the team coming off addl road games when possible ESPECIALLY if it involves Carolina's Defense.

cacksman

Reaction score
GCrow":1uddplsy said:
I want the 9ers... Just not yet. Wait until the biggest game possible to take them out. So I voted the Saints because I don't think they know how to play football outside of the SuperDome.

I agree with all of this. :thirishdrinkers:

cacksman

Reaction score
Also if we got SF in the Championship game, they would be on their FOURTH consecutive road game as they just played @ Arizona.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think the least physically demanding and most likely to get our offense rolling would be to play

NO Divisonal
GB NFC Championship

Can NO win at Philly- I think so but if it's bad weather probably not
Can GB contain Kap- Probably not but GB homefield advantage in the Playoffs is strong.
Can GB beat Carolina- Of all the playoff teams Carolina has the QB most likely to impload under pressure

We have been riding our defense for the last few weeks why not keep it going asking them to stop 2 of the most high powered offenses in the league all while allowing RW plently of time int he pocket and open space for his receiver and huge running lanes for Lynch.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Wenhawk":22kyh3zq said:
I think the least physically demanding and most likely to get our offense rolling would be to play

NO Divisonal
GB NFC Championship

Can NO win at Philly- I think so but if it's bad weather probably not
Can GB contain Kap- Probably not but GB homefield advantage in the Playoffs is strong.
Can GB beat Carolina- Of all the playoff teams Carolina has the QB most likely to impload under pressure

We have been riding our defense for the last few weeks why not keep it going asking them to stop 2 of the most high powered offenses in the league all while allowing RW plently of time int he pocket and open space for his receiver and huge running lanes for Lynch.

Now we are starting to see eye-to-eye and develop consensus.
Although I would take a Carolina team without Steve Smith & owning a QB who has never played in Seattle before yet has played two of his worst games ever against us.

So for me it is
NO
CAR
........although........if GB made it through SanFranfollowedbyCarolinas' defenses....I can't imagine they'd be up for the physicality of a third defense like ours on consecutive weeks.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Saints- can't run the ball. Can't stop the run. Can't play on the road. The Hawks could have scored 45 points last game if they didn't turn it down to run the clock.
That's about it.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Saints are terrible on the road this season. They might win in Philly but wouldn't have much of a chance here.

49ers are going to be tough no matter how the last two games here went, and I don't buy into the Packers record being a weakness. They're 6-2 with Rodgers, they're a dangerous team.

We'll beat any of these three though. The only NFC team that really scares me is Carolina.

NINEster

Reaction score
Vpk0718":27wccml0 said:
Saints are terrible on the road this season. They might win in Philly but wouldn't have much of a chance here.

49ers are going to be tough no matter how the last two games here went, and I don't buy into the Packers record being a weakness. They're 6-2 with Rodgers, they're a dangerous team.

We'll beat any of these three though. The only NFC team that really scares me is Carolina.

You saw how Carolina got lit up in the superdome?

This panthers team has a shot but good chance they fold in Seattle.

RiverDog

Reaction score
IMO the team we have the best chance of beating is the Saints. Our secondary matches up real well with their big receivers. But the team I would take the most pleasure in beating is the Niners.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm surprised at this result. For me it's the saints. Rodgers and Lacy scares me. The saints are a bad road team.
We beat them 34-7 this year, let's see them again

el capitan

Reaction score
I'd like to see either the Saints or Packers in the divisional round. If we get the Saints then that means there's a chance for an epic championship game at the Clink vs the 49ers for the NFC title which would be awesome.
If we get the Packers then that means that both the Saints and 9ers were one and done which would also be awesome. It also leaves us with a home game against either the Panthers or Eagles for a place in the Super Bowl.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Niners...Krapper has been horrible in dealing with the noise of the 12's and will start making mistakes and against our D it will cost him bigtime. As long as our offence can get it going we win that game. Carolina is the team I am worried about the most. Let the fun begin!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Saints have never won on the west coast during the playoffs. I'll take NO. I want to see SF lose to GB (though I don't think it'll happen).

TwilightError

Reaction score
The Niners are the toughest team from those three. Packers would be my choice as it seems the easiest win and at the same time it would mean that the Niners have been knocked out. Then again, getting to whoop the ninnies in a playoff game would be sweet too.

lukerguy

Reaction score
TwilightError":2aq2zysl said:
The Niners are the toughest team from those three. Packers would be my choice as it seems the easiest win and at the same time it would mean that the Niners have been knocked out. Then again, getting to whoop the ninnies in a playoff game would be sweet too.
You guys all realize that Aaron Rodgers is back, right?

GB would be our most difficult test.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is maybe a bit better than Drew Brees but not by a lot...and the Packers play worse defense than the Saints.

Granted that none of these opponents will be easy, but I do think that the Packers are probably the least threatening.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":qivd7ljv said:
TwilightError":qivd7ljv said:
You guys all realize that Aaron Rodgers is back, right?

GB would be our most difficult test.

We held Rodgers and crew to 12 points last time they visited Seattle. I have zero doubt in the Seahawks' defense being able to contain the Packers.

And I have a hell of a lot more faith in our offense lighting up the Packers D (or Eagles, or Saints) than I do in them overcoming the 49ers D or the Panthers' ludicrously talented front seven.

Emerald12

Reaction score
The Packers because they'd be coming here with no rest and there defense is worse than the Saints.

Latest posts