Packers, Niners, or Saints - who does .NET want to play?

Who do you want to see on January 11th?

• Packers

Votes: 100 36.4%
  • 49ers

Votes: 89 32.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 86 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jack_patera":31tmbqho said:
I want the baddest team out there....to quote my guy ric flair....'to be the best, you gotta beat the best'

Not me, I want the weakest, most banged up and barely on life support team out there.

All this bravado chest thumping is insane to me. If you want the Hawks to win the SB, which I assume you do, then you want the path of least resistance which increases the odds of that happening.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
More than 250 votes cast, and we have a 37/32/31 split. Pretty cool. As I think I posted in another thread...either we get a Saints team that we match up well against, or we get a Niners or Packers team that just went through hell to win a game in dangerously cold conditions who then has to come play us after just six days. We're in good shape no matter what here for the divisional round.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1u9ur4e7 said:
jack_patera":1u9ur4e7 said:
I want the baddest team out there....to quote my guy ric flair....'to be the best, you gotta beat the best'

Not me, I want the weakest, most banged up and barely on life support team out there.

All this bravado chest thumping is insane to me. If you want the Hawks to win the SB, which I assume you do, then you want the path of least resistance which increases the odds of that happening.

I completely agree with this FWIW. Overall I think that means the ideal matchup is the Packers since they're inferior to SF and will have to be pretty taxed by that frozen wildcard game.

It's debatable who the best matchup is, but people who actually want the hardest road just for machismo reasons are being weird.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3cw6rttk said:
Sgt. Largent":3cw6rttk said:
jack_patera":3cw6rttk said:

I completely agree with this FWIW. Overall I think that means the ideal matchup is the Packers since they're inferior to SF and will have to be pretty taxed by that frozen wildcard game.

It's debatable who the best matchup is, but people who actually want the hardest road just for machismo reasons are being weird.

Heh, and isn't it ironic that this guy that so many people quote, Ric Flair, made his bones in a "sport" that was scripted?

I guess to be the best, it's gotta be in the script to beat the best.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
volsunghawk":28de7ydy said:
Heh, and isn't it ironic that this guy that so many people quote, Ric Flair, made his bones in a "sport" that was scripted?

Ha, that's true too. Granted, if we were guaranteed to beat the Niners, then hell yes they'd be my choice for an opponent as well. But it's a very real thing that if this season ends by the Niners knocking us out, that will make for the most painfully long offseason ever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":170p9z9u said:
volsunghawk":170p9z9u said:

Ha, that's true too. Granted, if we were guaranteed to beat the Niners, then hell yes they'd be my choice for an opponent as well. But it's a very real thing that if this season ends by the Niners knocking us out, that will make for the most painfully long offseason ever.

Of course we'd all love to pound on the Niners if it was guaranteed. But the FACT is next to us they're the most dangerous team in either league. So to say we want them is ridiculous. You don't ask to play the next best team, especially one that knows you inside and out.

Also don't give me the "oh we always beat them at home so I'm not worried." We beat the Cards 58-0 last year.

Give me your weak, your infirmed, your huddled masses and shells of what resembled a coherent team last week!

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1l7wq7ey said:
Also don't give me the "oh we always beat them at home so I'm not worried." We beat the Cards 58-0 last year.

People are easily confused by these things. They think 2-3 games is a huge sample size and that it guarantees a similar result going forward. It's absurd but it's not going away.

We do probably win like 2/3 of the time against SF if we have to host them, but yeah I don't want to deal with them either. I will say though, if we get them next weekend it's probably better than getting them for the NFCCG. Give me the Niners coming off of the Ice Bowl on a short week of rest if we have to deal with them at all.

Latest posts