Packers, Niners, or Saints - who does .NET want to play?

Who do you want to see on January 11th?

• Packers

Votes: 100 36.4%
  • 49ers

Votes: 89 32.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 86 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawker84

Reaction score
I think we match up well with any team out there, however if I had to choose.

It'd be GB, simply because they probably have the worst defense of all the playoff teams.. Yes Rogers is dangerous, but we would be able to put up points on that defense, question is who's defense would get more key stops, to me that's a no brainer, we're by far the better defense.

after that, i don't want to see SF, give me CAR or Philly i don't care. SF is built too much like us an as we've seen, those games are ugly, even the 29-3 game was a defensive struggle late in the game.

Carolina has a great D, ok offense, Philly has a good offense ok defense, GB has a great offense, sh**ty defense, SF can be explosive on both sides of the ball.

I'll Take GB for a thousand Alex...

Seeker

Reaction score
There isn't an option marked "Combination of all three" I could care less who we play, anyone walking in here is getting slaughtered.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
This is a tough one. There's pro's and con's to playing any of those 3 teams.

NO vs SEA: This is the match up I voted for, the Saints are not the same team away from the super dome. Yes we handled them no problem the beginning of December but I think they will be a little more prepared if they get the chance to make a trip back here. Brees can get hot and there defense isn't as bad as they played back in that MN game. Out of the 3 teams we could possibly face they might be the least threatening.

GB vs SEA: Yes this would be a nice way to shut up the Packers fans that are still bitching about the fail mary. The Packers play outside in bad weather so that will not be a factor if we play them. They have the worst defense out of any of the 3 teams we could possibly face. There run defense is horrible so I believe Marshawn would have a monster game. The one thing that is a little scary about the Pack is, they don't have anything to lose. They barely made it in and are going to be underdogs in all of there games. Sometimes that's the sort of thing that can fuel a team like Green Bay, and Rodgers is no push over.

SF vs SEA: This is the match up in the back of my mind I hope we get. Nothing would be sweeter than slamming the door back to the super bowl right in the 9ers faces, and at the C-link no less. As sweet as that would be, there is a part of me routing for the Packers to upset them this weekend. The 9ers and Panthers are the 2 teams that match up with us the best and have the best chance at upsetting us. The 9ers play us twice each year and are familiar with are style of play. I know we blew them out the last 2 times we played them here in our house, but I think it would be a closer game than those previous 2. It's funny cause as much as don't want to play them, my competitive side hopes we get the 9ers (divisional round) than the Panthers (championship game). That way there will be no doubt that the Seahawks will deserve a trip to the big dance.

Way to wrap up Home Field through out, we needed a dominate performance before heading into the playoffs an I think we showed that against the Rams.

Go Hawks!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Which team is most likely to beat Carolina?

Of all Carolinas possible ways to lose,play @ Sea or vs SF are probably the only two games they lose. If we don't want to face Car in the NFCCG then we should root for a NO and SF win. That way we play NO and SF plays at CAR. we would be coming off a bye wekk then a no so physical game against NO whereas SF would be on it's 4th road game against a tough D or Carolina would have squeaked out the win vs a very physical SF team and be ripe for a letdown at SEA

Hawknballs

Reaction score
NO, GB, SF in that order.

I'm not 'afraid' of SF but they match up with us the best, and have the personnel to do what the cardinals did to us. Even if NO and GB tried to emulate it, they don't have the players to do it.

NO and GB will throw the ball and it becomes strength on strength.

I put NO over GB because of the fact that Rodgers hasn't been playing, there's no real recent tape to watch. On the other hand we have a recent game against the saints to look at, while also being able to take a look at how the panthers played them.

vonstout

Reaction score
I'd like to play NO again. I won a free lunch the first time and he said he would bet again if they meet in the playoffs.

warden

Reaction score
I want to play the winner of the Packer/49er game. Let them beat each other up and the winner comes to Seattle on a short week.

main

Reaction score
I voted for the Saints because they are a horrible road team and they are intimidated by the 12th man.

I'd like the 49ers too because it would feel great beating our rivals in the playoffs and at home. But like someone else said, they are dangerous and too familiar with us. Plus the 49ers would be coming to C-Link with a long winning streak.

I'll take the easier win: The Saints.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
I'm not even sure who to pick. All have advantage s and disadvantages. GB has the worst defense, but possibly the best qb who also would like to tear us up for revenge.

sf has the best defense, and knows us and our tendencies by far the best. But they statistically have the worst qb. I don't think the blood feud we have with them needs a playoff chapter.

NO has a good defense and a great qb, but play like poop on the road, and frankly I doubt they are getting out of the first round strictly based on the weather in Philadelphia on game day.

Philadelphia won't play here, but if they did, they would be my pick. Too much finesse and Foles is due for about 6 ints.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I think I'd rather play the Saints. After our last beat down of them here at home I think that is our best match up. We would have a huge psychological edge, Brees looked pretty rattled to me. But we do have a lot of young players so you need to hope the moment wouldn't get too big for them and they make some more mistakes on defense. I don't think we would lose this game or make more mistakes. I think we would need a defensive collapse which we haven't seen all season plus a repeat of our last SF/Arizona games offensive play calling to lose this one. Chance to win 8/10.

Second choice would be the Packers although to be honest it's pretty close for me with Saints. But if they win their first round I think they'd be a legit threat if we had collapses on defense and bad offense. They are barely a winning team 8-7-1. But they do have Aaron Rodgers so you can't discount them and they want revenge vs the Hawks particularly. Not sure why they're still so upset about that one game, but I don't particularly like the idea of an entire team thinking they got robbed and have a chance to avenge themselves in the playoffs. They are ranked #6th in passing yards and #7th in rushing yards. Green Bay has only about 3-4 less rush yards per game than Seattle/San Fransisco, with about 60-80 more passing yards per game than Seattle/SF. Sounds like a VERY scary offense to me but I haven't watched them at all this season. Green Bay is #3 in the league just barely edging out the Saints for total offensive yards this season, that's a pretty frightening statistic when you consider Aaron Rodgers has over 100 less throws than Russell Wilson this season. Still chance to win 8/10 given their weak defense and Aaron Rodgers most likely not 100% yet. But for some reason I'm teetering on the edge of 8/10 or 7/10 just because I haven't seen them play this season and I have a hunch that they are more dangerous than most people suspect, I guess if they beat 49ers they can prove it.

As confident as I am with our team I think you'd have to be crazy or a little ballsy to say the least to want to play the 49ers. Although I do think we have a big advantage over them at home, I also think they are very well coached and their defense is superb. Do we really want another grind it out nail biter like our last game against them? I can see this as being a very real possibility unless we have brilliant offensive play calling. As much as I dislike the 49ers and how sweet it would be to send them home, I think that everyone should be rooting for them to lose against the Packers. They are simply too dangerous and I can see them stealing a game from us at home a lot easier than any of the other NFC teams. Although we play supremely well against Kaepernick his athleticism and scrambling skills still worry me a lot. I would have to think they would pull all the stops on us and he would run for MANY first downs. Kaepernick got more rushing yards than Wilson in both our games and burned us for a 28 yarder in game 1 where he averaged 9.7 yards per carry. I can also see the 49ers winning the penalty battle fairly big in this one and we could even have a fumble or interception. I just really don't like this match up and I have faith we should win I would be a little more nervous. Chance to win 6/10 on the /10 scale... I think it's more like 72% chance though out of /100... don't ask haha...

I'm not ready to start thinking about games beyond this right now, one game at a time as Wilson likes to say.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
For a long time I just assumed NO because we whooped them here but honestly, you want to play the worst D, easily the Pack.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We are now without Browner and Wright since the last time we played NO. I'd expect then to get the ball to Graham and Colston quite a bit more this time.

cacksman

Reaction score
One great point I heard today was how physical the teams like Seattle, SF, and Carolina are. Teams get banged up when they play either of those teams, so I would definitely love for SF and Carolina to match up against each other(if SF manages to beat GB) before they have to head up to Seattle. I see those 2 teams as the 2 biggest threats in the NFC.

I'm going to be rooting for New Orleans in a big way.

Polaris

Reaction score
Packers and Niners and Saints....Oh MY!

Frankly, I think Seattle can and should beat any of them at home so it doesn't much matter to me. I picked the Saints because I think Seattle matches up against them the best.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
The tears of bandwagon Packer fans would taste just as good as 49er fan tears.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1ljkrnsz said:
We are now without Browner and Wright since the last time we played NO. I'd expect then to get the ball to Graham and Colston quite a bit more this time.

Nah, Browner was out last time we played them too. Remember that this was right when Thurmond/Browner both got suspended (and BB was already hurt).

Latest posts