Game ball today Offense and Defense

General Manager

Reaction score
Tony McDaniel the best DT on the team.
Golden Tate the best WR on the team.

skater18000

Reaction score
Tony McDaniel was impressive, but I'd probably have to give it to Malcom Smith. He scored 26% of our points if you count it as 7 (but it was a pick 6, so 22% of our points)

Offensively it's close between Lynch and Tate, but I'd have to give it Tate.

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
McDaniel set the tone for the D-line early and from there it was over for the Rams.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I would have to give the O ball to Tate for having a target on his back and not only "takin' all comers" but responding w/ an "in-yur-face" (w/out taunting mind you)...bravo.

D ball I could see a shared Meebs and Malcom Smith for above mentioned reasons. (Wasn't it Meebs w/ the pressure on the pick 6?)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Mebane was a monster man some plays today he so reminded me of Ol 96 Kennedy bustin right up the middle. so him on D

Tate was very impressive today as well with him being a marked man and all . Took some of the hardest hits I've seen him take . Since I'm compairing guys to older players Tate reminds me of Hines Ward. shifty deceptively fast and has great body control .

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
Kam played a great game to so did Lynch and we needed it, Maxwell continues to play like a probowl corner.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Game ball to the entire defense, to Golden Tate, and an honorable mention to Lockette for a couple of great special teams plays.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
General Manager":inknz2tu said:
Kam played a great game to so did Lynch and we needed it, Maxwell continues to play like a probowl corner.

That reminds me, I'm pretty sure there was one play where Kam made a tackle by just standing there and someone bounced off him. He put zero effort into the stop and the guy just hit him and fell down.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder if McDaniel is hurting or not? Maybe it is how they are using him in rotation? I wonder if they re-sign him or take a chance on Hill/Jessie Williams/Scruggs/draft to address the spot?

Keep it up McDaniel. Seems as though he digs the unis. Mentioned it again today as one of the reasons he signed with the team. Quirky.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I gotta give props to Lynch on offense. He ran like a madman today....something I hope he does from here on out. He ran with purpose, with controlled fury, with agility, and with speed. These are things I simply have not seen out of him. Part of the reason was definitely the offensive line, but that goes to show that even the OL started to become better to allow Lynch to do what he did.

The offense needs to start taking a cue from the defense (and Lynch) and play with a chip on their shoulder. We used to play like that. We used to be nasty up front. We need that back.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mjolnir":1u7m2kjf said:
I gotta give props to Lynch on offense. He ran like a madman today....something I hope he does from here on out. He ran with purpose, with controlled fury, with agility, and with speed. These are things I simply have not seen out of him. Part of the reason was definitely the offensive line, but that goes to show that even the OL started to become better to allow Lynch to do what he did.

The offense needs to start taking a cue from the defense (and Lynch) and play with a chip on their shoulder. We used to play like that. We used to be nasty up front. We need that back.
We saw some of it today though it mostly took until the 2nd half. But we did see much, much better run blocking today.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Sweezy and Giacomeni seemed to have very solid games run blocking.