Its a hard choice

snackdaddy

Reaction score
First I'll say this, yes I am a Rams fan. Been one for a long time since they were in LA. Second, I hate the 49ers with a passion. And that what makes this final game for my team so difficult. We win, we help the 49ers possible get home field advantage throughout the playoffs and more games in that gawd awful place they call Candlestick.

But a win gives us 3 straight the end the season and the first non losing season since 2006. And it would go a long way to feeling pretty good about next year with all the young players getting ready to make their mark on the league. Plus, we get maybe the number two pick in the draft via the RGIII trade.

So who do I pull for? Hard for me to pull against my own team. But I hate the 49ers that much. I'm not a Seahawks fan by any stretch, but if it comes down the them or the 49ers, I take the Seahawks 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

I'm conflicted. I want you guys to win the division, but I don't want to lose to you guys either. I guess the best scenario would be for the Cardinals to beat the 49ers and the Rams to beat the Seahawks.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
At least there will be a bright side when you lose!!

And hell, the damn cards will probly beat the damn Niners too so just toot for your damn team.

And :2:

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
snackdaddy":11btyfhz said:
First I'll say this, yes I am a Rams fan. Been one for a long time since they were in LA. Second, I hate the 49ers with a passion. And that what makes this final game for my team so difficult. We win, we help the 49ers possible get home field advantage throughout the playoffs and more games in that gawd awful place they call Candlestick.

But a win gives us 3 straight the end the season and the first non losing season since 2006. And it would go a long way to feeling pretty good about next year with all the young players getting ready to make their mark on the league. Plus, we get maybe the number two pick in the draft via the RGIII trade.

So who do I pull for? Hard for me to pull against my own team. But I hate the 49ers that much. I'm not a Seahawks fan by any stretch, but if it comes down the them or the 49ers, I take the Seahawks 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

I'm conflicted. I want you guys to win the division, but I don't want to lose to you guys either. I guess the best scenario would be for the Cardinals to beat the 49ers and the Rams to beat the Seahawks.

You pull the rams, no doubt about it. I hate the 49ers as much as you do, but i rather them have home field advantage than the seahawks. The 49ers arnt as good at home the the seahawks. root for rams and cards like you said.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":16zq7eu3 said:
snackdaddy":16zq7eu3 said:

You pull the rams, no doubt about it. I hate the 49ers as much as you do, but i rather them have home field advantage than the seahawks. The 49ers arnt as good at home the the seahawks. root for rams and cards like you said.

Wow, that made a whole lot of sense. So in other words (English), since the Rams didn't do well enough to make it, you don't want to see anybody from the division do well, least of all the Seahawks.

I really don't get why some of you people hang around here. Some sort of perversion with waiting for us to lose I suppose, and seeing the reaction.

My logic, if I were in the same spot, would be to root for my team regardless of the situation. If you win, I suppose that makes some sort of statement, but I've never subscribed to the 'momentum going into the post season' idea. We really stumbled out of the blocks (a bunch of nail-biters), compared to how we finished last season, with virtually the same team intact. If you lose, there really wasn't much at stake anyhow other than some silly personal victory or pride issues. You guys regressed against the Niners, compared to how you did against them last season, so what kind of statement does that make?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
snackdaddy":26rjxy0m said:

If I were a Rams fans, just root for your team, and cheer for them win or lose. You guys are well stacked being so young and best case scenario if you do lose would be 2 top 15 picks with one possibly being the #1 overall.

Also, root for the 49ers to lose, not that you cheering for the Cards will make them play any better buts its good to know that the hate for the 49ers runs deep.

I know a lot has been said about the Seahawks fanbase over the course of this season and our actions at times especially from our trolls but whatever we have done to be labeled "arrogant" and "obnoxious" in the eyes of many, 49ers fans do it 5x worse (if you catch my drift) and will likely stab you in the process.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
For all those conspiracy theorists out there: the NFL would love it if SF gets home field advantage. Imagine all those glitzy stories about the last season at Candlestick being magical and a magic carpet ride for the niners to head to the Meadowlands. The refs must be getting some extra incentive to make those game changing calls this time around!

Make me sick just to write it. And I'm being sarcastic.

OP
OP
S

snackdaddy

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1ta49ljo said:
Fitz the Ram":1ta49ljo said:
snackdaddy":1ta49ljo said:

Wow, that made a whole lot of sense. So in other words (English), since the Rams didn't do well enough to make it, you don't want to see anybody from the division do well, least of all the Seahawks.

I really don't get why some of you people hang around here. Some sort of perversion with waiting for us to lose I suppose, and seeing the reaction.

My logic, if I were in the same spot, would be to root for my team regardless of the situation. If you win, I suppose that makes some sort of statement, but I've never subscribed to the 'momentum going into the post season' idea. We really stumbled out of the blocks (a bunch of nail-biters), compared to how we finished last season, with virtually the same team intact. If you lose, there really wasn't much at stake anyhow other than some silly personal victory or pride issues. You guys regressed against the Niners, compared to how you did against them last season, so what kind of statement does that make?

Apparently, You didn't read my post. I never said I don't want anyone from the division to do well. I don't want the 49ers to do well. If you guys win the superbowl, I can live with that. As long as its not the 49ers. So when you look at it, I might as well pull for the Seahawks in the playoffs as I don't think anyone else but the Hawks can beat the 49ers.

While the Seahawks are a division rival and I should want them to lose, I don't consider the Seahawks the biggest rivalry as much as some of the younger Rams fans do. Those guys didn't live through the 80's to see the smug 49er fans and their 'my dog is better than your dog' attitude when they won super bowls. So its important to me that you guys get home field. I think you beat the 49ers with homefield advantage. But I also want the Rams to win 8 games. Thats a milestone for a young team still trying to get where you're team is at.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Agreed. Root for the Rams. Pretty sure if roles where reversed we would all root for the Hawks. Regardless of ending with a .500 record Ram fans have much to be optimistic about. Living in the midwest now I know a lot of Rams fans. They are really cool and level headed. Maybe that is in part due to recent history, but the Niners recent history excluding last year and this year hasn't been great but all they talk about is the past.

Anyway root for your Rams and the Cards as you said. If we win, pretty please, maybe that helps your daft position as well too. If so you are in a classic win/win scenario. That is always good:)

No good luck Sunday, except good luck with no injuries for us both. Good luck though to us being 14-2, and the Rams being 13-3 next year. The Niners can fall back to 6-10 mediocrity while Harbaugh jumps back to college. Boom!! Go Hawks!!

drdiags

Reaction score
Pull for your team to leave it all on the field. The Seahawks will have had 3 shots at winning the division crown. If they come up short, they will have no one to blame but themselves. I am sure the Cards/9ers game is going to be competitive since the division crown and home game for the 9ers vs possible WC for the Cards.

The only issue is if the Saints have won by the time the 9ers/Cards play. A Saints win removes a lot of motivation for the Cards and then it is only for divisional pride.

OP
OP
S

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Well, majority says pull for your team. So I gotta pull for my Rams. I can't ever remember watching them hoping to lose. Draft position or not. But if they do lose Sunday, its OK. They got beat by a good team and the whiners have to play on the road. I can live with that. :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
I don't know how there can be any conflict regarding rooting for your own team. That I do not understand. I could never ever watch a Rams game and hope they lose.

I guess the one exception, was a tinge of pleasure the last game Spag coached since I knew that would for sure make it his last. But, I still rooted for them during the game.

I have zero conflict for this Sunday.

Now, after that. I admit I would rather see the Seahawks win the SB than any other team in the play-offs. But honestly, they are the ones who put themselves in this postion for game 17, so it's up to them to beat the Rams. I'm not going to worry about that during the game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Question - does a Cards win mean #1 seed for Hawks regardless of the outcome of our game?

JGreen79

Reaction score
RedAlice":2ehpyar9 said:
Question - does a Cards win mean #1 seed for Hawks regardless of the outcome of our game?

Yes, hawks win OR niners loss. That said, always root for your team to win regardless of scenario.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JGreen79":1z11q6af said:
RedAlice":1z11q6af said:

Yes, hawks win OR niners loss. That said, always root for your team to win regardless of scenario.

Thanks for the answer. I was hoping the Cards win anyway, but that is even better.

And to be clear: I am not the one conflicted about who to root for. I always root for the Rams.

A

Anonymous

Don't know about anyone else here, but if it's not the Seahawks in the Super Bowl I can EASILY root for any NFC west team except for the 9ers. A few years ago I was a huge Cardinals fan when they played the Stealers. Last year I rooted for the Ravens. I have no real animosity towards the Cards or Rams.....but damn I hate the whiners.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
snackdaddy":3mrasxmt said:

You root for your team to win first above all..I remember if correct-Joe Namath played his last game for the LA Rams and it was against the 49ers..Very painful to watch..

nsport

Reaction score
snackdaddy":1kfw20qz said:

My point of view: Root for your team no matter the circumstances. If the Seahawks played better @SF or against Arizona, this conundrum would not be here for you right now. Your team needs you. We don't! Our guys need to do what they need to do and not worry about anyone else.