Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmedic

Reaction score
Timing appears to be perfect for Percy to make his reappearance this season. Offense is getting a lot of pub this week, particularly the inability of the WRs to get separation. Kickoff returns and ST play had been less than stellar as well. Ideally you'd want Percy to get one regular season game in too before the stretch playoff run. If his hip is even 75% ready to go, I'd say NOW is the time Percy!

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't think we can rely on Percy at this point. The WR's on our squad need to have a good week of practice and get back to getting open more. And, RW needs to get his groove back. He has been over and under throwing a LOT of balls.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He's not practicing, which means he's not playing. Pete has said earlier that Percy would have to get through two weeks of practice before being considered ready for a game.

Percy ain't saving the day this season. Time to move on (for now).

Seaswab

Reaction score
Hes not going to play again this year, its becoming pretty clear

skater18000

Reaction score
Im convinced they're holding him out till the post season, meaning he will have the next 3 weeks to rest up that hip (but when the playoffs start, there's no doubt in my mind, he will play.)

We'll also have K.J Wright back.

We'll have Thurmond back sunday.

iigakusei

Reaction score
At least the two plays were nice! Just get to 100% for next year please.

suppaball

Reaction score
It's time for Percy to man up we need him baddly at this point. What has he gotten from us anyway like $20 million hell I can ride pine better than him, I would at least be on the sidelines every week. He is nowhere to be seen on Sundays. Screw that guy don't want him on this team anymore if he can't go. $20 million for naddadamnthing.

45Hawker

Reaction score
skater18000":22phe04e said:
Im convinced they're holding him out till the post season, meaning he will have the next 3 weeks to rest up that hip (but when the playoffs start, there's no doubt in my mind, he will play.)
What evidence convinces you that he's being held out and will be ready to play in the post season? Do you think he's still recovering and not 100%? That would indeed explain why he is being held out. But what do you know about his hip status that tells you he will be ready/able to play in 3 weeks?

Not being snarky. Just wondering if you know something I don't.

Will I

Reaction score
suppaball":h8fxq9xs said:
It's time for Percy to man up we need him baddly at this point. What has he gotten from us anyway like $20 million hell I can ride pine better than him, I would at least be on the sidelines every week. He is nowhere to be seen on Sundays. Screw that guy don't want him on this team anymore if he can't go. $20 million for naddadamnthing.

Not a "man up" thing here, but I'm not going to spend anytime getting into that debate.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Many posters seem to have reached the false conclusion that it is 100% Percy's decision whether he practices or not.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I've been pretty patient with the Harvin stuff, but at some point you have to realize what's happening here.

There's no structural issue, no new X-rays, no new procedures. Now he's being ruled out on a Monday. The issue is either chronic or mental. Neither would surprise me, and neither is good news for the immediate or long-term future. I sincerely doubt we'll see him again this year.

BTW, his entire 2014 salary becomes guaranteed if he's "injured." I really don't want to believe this is playing a factor for Percy, but it's getting increasingly harder to give him the benefit of the doubt.

cacksman

Reaction score
It's really odd that Percy has been out now 5 weeks and counting since returning against the Vikings. I am still definitely holding out hope that he will play in the playoffs. Carroll said last week that Percy could be playing against the Cardinals, the issue would be that they wouldn't be sure he could play the following week.

If they really thought Percy is done for the year, they would just IR him and get it over with. Not only would they be able to use the extra roster spot, but they could rip the band-aid off, so to speak, and stop the constant weekly speculation on Harvin's status.

I do think we will see him in the playoffs, which will hopefully be 3 weeks from now(If we get the first round bye).

Exittium

Reaction score
I'd rather see us cut/dump him. There still some money lost, but we also save alot as well I'd assume. Well at this point, he's nothing but a negative on the team. How has he helped? How has he contributed? How about the money eaten up by him, that we could have used to resign more key players? .. He's done imo. I've written him off and could careless about the dude. He's made of glass and is being treated as such.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Basis4day":3anyfp9r said:
Many posters seem to have reached the false conclusion that it is 100% Percy's decision whether he practices or not.

Assuming the training staff is the one that clears him, all they have to go on are Percy's own responses to his level of pain/ability to move. Pete said today that there have been no new X-rays since the last one came back clean several weeks ago. So, in a sense, Percy does have some control over whether or not he is cleared. If he's actually hurt and in pain, so be it. That's totally legitimate. I'm just saying that his clearance is now based solely on his responses to the staff, because there's nothing else to go off of (unless there's a balloon growing out of his hip).

Being ruled out on a Monday is a very discouraging sign.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Let's this guy go home and enjoy his money. No respect for him. Will be funny when we get to the SB, he will say he is ready and try to take attention from all the rest of the guys who gave everything the whole season.

Edited by Throwdown for foul language (*'s and other symbols do not change or mask the word)

Status
Not open for further replies.