Congrats to the Cards

TaterHawk

Reaction score
I simply wanted to throw a post up to put credit where due. AZ is a class organization.. They earned every bit of this one. Congratulations’ to the Cards fans who may be on the board. With a D like that AZ has a great future.

This is a good wake up call for the Hawks, and better now than later. But I'm taking nothing away from AZ they came up here and punched the Hawks in the mouth. Good for them,

Go Hawks!

Next game please :th2thumbs:

2_0_6

Reaction score
I agree 100%.

They came in and played our type of game and smacked us around. Give credit where its due. I now become a Arizona fan next week. Go show the Niner fans you aren't a fluke!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Losers because they are stating the truth??? The Hawks got outplayed, outcoached etc. all damn day. Tip of the cap to the Cards, they were the better team yesterday, plain and simple.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Every team in the NFL can kick your butt if you don't play well.. If it were not for an exceptional defense yesterday.. It would've been a major beatdown..

Cards owned the ball and field position the entire second half..

On to next week.

Slick

Reaction score
The Cardinals played excellent. I sit two rows up from the field. The body language said it all: they wanted this game more than we did. That and our O-Line was freaked out. They did not want to deal with their D-Line.

Another HUGE factor in the game was field position and our lack of it. Our backs were against the wall the whole game. Fall down Kam!!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":zr2vwzqr said:
Cards played well and deserved the win...but I have no idea where you get "class organization."
Fitz is class, however Dockett is the very opposite of class.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I knew the game was over when Steven couldn't make a simple field goal. Does his price tag drop a little (from Seattle's pov)?

The penalties killed any momentum Seattle had on either side of the ball, and gift wrapped it for the Cardinals. They did a great job using that momentum and walking out of Clink winners. They bullied Seattle's offense for the duration of the game, and there was nothing that could be done about it. There was simply no way Seattle could generate any kind of spark, there was no big catalyst play followed by the explosion of points Seattle uses as a cushion.

The following is not crucial information.
Think back to the Manning/Colts days, where Peyton (and Edge and Harrison and Wayne) would go out get a few touchdowns, and then go intro cruise control. The offense would take forever (Peyton's insane hand signals and audibles) and eat up clock on the ground and short passes (look at how good he is at that to this day, damn). The defense would have the opportunity to send the blitz as much as they wanted because they had a few TDs to work with, which resulted in a lot of sacks (Freeney and Mathis...maybe?...I forget who was on the other side...) from teams playing from behind. Outside of Bob Sanders, I don't remember anyone else in the backfield, and that team dominated.

If Seattle wants to play this kind of football, they need to be far more disciplined Indy only committed 38 defensive penalties (16th in the NFL) and 48 on offense (28th in the NFL). Seattle currently has 121 (mostly false starts, with Defensive PI and Unnecessary Roughness close behind) and leading the league. The yards added up is outrageous, I don't know how Pete let it get that bad, haha.

ANYWAY. Enough random tangent.

AZ put in work and simply wanted to win more than Seattle.

I wasn't too impressed with their offense, but I haven't seen what they can do outside of playing against Seattle this season. I don't like Carson Palmer, I think he sort of blows. Still, it looks like they can grind and play scrappy ball. Which in itself can be dangerous, as teams might not put enough focus on preparing for it. I'm still not sold on Bruce as a head coach, but he has a team in playoff contention and he has them playing hard. Can't hate or hate on that. Called a good game in Seattle, given how choppy it was, and showed once again that Seattle has issues stopping the run. Ellington and Mendenhall had nice games, and they converted an EASY 2pt conversion on the ground.

Overall, a terrible game by Seattle, and a very nice game put together by Arizona.

Also, AZ can kiss my ass...I hate that place.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I hate the Tards. No congrats from me to that worthless franchise and fickle fanbase.

m0ng0

Reaction score
congrats on a great win Cards, you outplayed and out coached us, Bruce Arians and his staff has turned your team around! This division is going to be brutal for the next 5 years at least ! See ya next time!

hawker84

Reaction score
Great win by the Cards, every Card fan can be very proud of the way their team came into CLink and handled business. We got straight up Seahawked, we got beat in the manner we usually beat teams, overwhelmed, outplayed and outcoached. Congrats, good luck the rest of the way, like to see that effort against the niners if you don't mind.

hawker84

Reaction score
Wow there's a lot of Kaepernistic type posts in this thread. Stay classy folks, no shame and in admitting defeat and giving credit where credit is due after taking one on the chin...

m0ng0

Reaction score
Having said that, Cards fan your team should have beaten us by 30, but you didn't, you couldn't......keep that in mind when you play SF next week. :thirishdrinkers:

BamKam

Reaction score
I agree they deserve a lot of credit. They played like a team who is in a desperate fight to get into the playoffs. Going forward the NFC West is going to be ridiculous with the defenses it has.

They played a fantastic game and deserved to win.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Why is everyone saying they played fantastic? They hung in it until the 9th round in a slug fest and got the last jab in for the win. Hats off to them for that, but It wasn't a dominating defeat by any means. Their offense was absolutely horrible most the game, and the lone Touchdown they get is on a drive with asinine penalty after penalty. Granted it was a nice throw to close out, but cmon man.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1oyc18cy said:
Why is everyone saying they played fantastic? They hung in it until the 9th round in a slug fest and got the last jab in for the win.

Your follow-up sentence is why. To even accomplish that at the Clink as a visitor requires an excellent performance.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Slick":2gwy8h3c said:
The Cardinals played excellent. I sit two rows up from the field. The body language said it all: they wanted this game more than we did. That and our O-Line was freaked out. They did not want to deal with their D-Line.

Another HUGE factor in the game was field position and our lack of it. Our backs were against the wall the whole game. Fall down Kam!!!

Yea, you could see this on the TV. When the Hawks went into halftime, a lot of them were hanging their heads. I don't get it, it's not like we were out of the game, but if they were getting their asses handed to them physically, then it makes sense.

I've maintained the entire season that I believe our OL is solidly average. We get worked by good DL's (Carolina, Houston, SF, AZ). Our two best run blockers are our Tackles, which is why our Off Tackle and stretch plays work so well. None of our 3 interior linemen get much push.

I think it's safe to say that we whiffed on the Carpenter pick and we need to try again. I'd also draft a guy in the 3rd to give Sweezy some more competition.