what happened to the idea of

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
To be honest, and i'm going to get flack for this; Wilson can't see over his line, thus quick slants and the like are risky.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
megamanflx1":3ejiawzs said:
No, you have a point, but that is what the screen game is for...

and D-Coordinators know that, if amatuers and the like can look at a chart of Seahawks completions and say, "oh look they don't complete anything over the middle," a millionaire NFL coach is sure going to realize it. Defend the sidelines, force Wilson up the middle and you win, that easy. Can Haz 1.5 million/year now?

ceej22

Reaction score
I know we are not the Saints but you do realize the screen pass is a staple in their offense and it works great even though teams know they are doing it. Slants and screens aren't the only options for quick drop either.

His height is a limiting factor but this game goes beyond that. He just played bad..real bad. There was a 3rd and 1 before half where he scrambled left and could have easily ran for it but threw it to Baldwin on the sideline. Incomplete..punt. That's just one example. He also seemed to leave pocket early. Though to be fair when he stepped up it collapsed. WRs were also struggling and betting beat up today. Just a bad game all around by the offense and Bevell.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
ceej22":2zezlac8 said:
I know we are not the Saints but you do realize the screen pass is a staple in their offense and it works great even though teams know they are doing it. Slants and screens aren't the only options for quick drop either.

His height is a limiting factor but this game goes beyond that. He just played bad..real bad. There was a 3rd and 1 before half where he scrambled left and could have easily ran for it but threw it to Baldwin on the sideline. Incomplete..punt. That's just one example. He also seemed to leave pocket early. Though to be fair when he stepped up it collapsed. WRs were also struggling and betting beat up today. Just a bad game all around by the offense and Bevell.

Yeah man i'm with you, I listed that as my turning point in the thread i posted. Damn shame. We should try the screen more, I could see a small problem being its a higher risk play than most w/ possibility of pick 6 and fumble, thus PC may discourage it, TBH with his no turnover mindset.