Stuff other fanbases say when they play Seattle that annoy U

rightbench

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time browsing other team's forums and talking with fans of other teams during the season, and I'm beginning to notice a trend in things that opponents say to make themselves feel better about playing the Seahawks. Here are a few of my favorites. Please add your own!

"All we have to do to quiet the 12th man is score early or have big plays. Then it will be just as quiet as everywhere else."

"If we just contain Russell Wilson in the pocket, their offense won't be able to do anything and we'll make him look normal."

"The Seahawks are only good at home because its too loud for other teams to hear the play calls and call audible."

"Pete Carroll is a cheater."

"If the refs would just call holding and PI every time the Seahawks Corners do it, then it would make it fair for everyone else."

"The seahawks don't have any good wide receivers. It's just that magical leprechaun midget."

"We're going to be the team to score tons of points on Seattle's Defense."

and my favorite, said by every opposing coach and player leading up to a game at the CLINK,

"The noise doesn't really affect us.... it's loud, but it doesn't really affect anything that we try and do."

Those are mine. what are your clichés and annoyingly repetitive hopeful statements you hear from opposing fans and players??

Hawks46

Reaction score
I love the fan bases that claim we cheat at the Clink because it's so noisy.

That and I'm tired of hearing about PEDs. THurmond and Browner smoked weed, but other fans keep calling it PEDs.

We have, what, one more PED offense in the last 3 years than the GIants. It's not helping them at all.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't get really annoyed... but I do scratch my head when I read the Pete the Cheat comments, they really have no clue. Wouldn't Reggie Bush be the cheater? What did Pete do, besides taking an amazing job opportunity here?

Read some 'Seattle is the luckiest team ever' comments on whiner forums. They wish.

JonRud

Reaction score
"The Seahawks pump noise into the Stadium"

DynoHawk

Reaction score
"I believe the Cardinals last two road games have prepared them for their greatest test yet, a trip to Seattle. Losing to Philly was a heart breaker but they bounced back to narrowly beat Tennessee. To say there were questionable calls in these games is putting it lightly. Sometimes you must first fail before you can be successful. I believe the loss to Philly and the close win over Tennessee has taught this team valuable lessons about learning how to win on the road."

so, yeah, Road trips to Philly and Nashville prepared them for Seattle?

1. Contain Russell Wilson on the ground and keep him from consistently extending plays.
2. Limit TE production.
3. Start fast. Enter the half ahead, tied, or down by only one possession.
4. Establish the running game. Keep the offensive balanced between run & pass.
5. Limit Seattle's pass rush & keep Palmer upright.

they have Palmer listed, but this same post, or one similar is posted on every Hawks opponents board this year.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
1. Seadderal Seahawks or some other PED reference
2. Seahawk fans are bandwagoners
3. Cheatey Petey
4. Artificial crowd noise

sutz

Reaction score
I actually kind of like the "magical leprechaun midget" one.

:laugh:

PS: I'm sure glad he's our "magical leprechaun midget." :mrgreen:

KK84

Reaction score
As recently as yesterday, a talking idiot on TV mentioned Seattle's road issues. Wut? People still think this crap after a 6-2 road record? Un freaking believable.

grizbob

Reaction score
I don't go to other team's boards cause I couldn't care less what they do or say there. It's what they do here that annoys the hell out of me.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have seen it plenty, everybody hates a winner. Haters gonna hate.

It fills my heart with joy to see the opponent's fanbase digging for excuses to get beat or explaining the beating. Very few fans say that they just got beat by another team.

Most of it is generated from a single group though, with very little to back it up. The biggest sore losers in the NFL. If you reply and ask what makes them cheaters they have absolutely no facts to stand on other than 2 players currently on the roster were caught using PEDs. Not a single one this season because Irvin was prior to the season. Browner was last year and has missed a lot of games.

This is nothing new though, the group that does it consistently has been doing it since 2003. Whether they are lucky, cheating, dirty whatever they can come up with, all of it is based on assumption or has no actual value at all. They are all just sore losers, end of story.

Have a discussion using facts with them, they won't do it. They will simply go on opinion and turn it into fact. I am glad that they are pissed about the Seahawks winning.

piston bully

Reaction score
Twisting the thread a little here but hear are the things that fortunately I don't hear anymore that other fans used to say.

There Offensive and defensive lines are under sized

They are not a physical team and cant play physical

They cant win away from home (thanks Saints)

They have the ugliest uniforms in the nfl.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Embrace the other fans' hatred and criticism.

It's a badge of honor.

Think of it as one fan base respecting and paying homage to another... in a somewhat weird, twisted way.

Cartire

Reaction score
My recent favorites.

Seattle barely escaped with wins against the bucs and the titans.

THE TITANS. THEY THINK WE BARELY ESCAPED WITH A WIN AGAINST THE TITANS.

a game where we pulled our starters in the 4th qtr and didn't give up a single offensive TD. This is the definition of uninformed fans.

Digsbone

Reaction score
One thing that irks me is when other fan bases say "Seattle gets away with everything and never gets called for it" but, I calm myself and realize they don't know much about football and are narrow minded. We all know the truth on that and have seen the stat that we get called and give away alot of yards.

jblaze

Reaction score
In all honesty, it's a sign of respect in my opinion. Haters are gonna hate and bad teams don't get this attention. Bring it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Ya we don't get called for penalties, yet we lead the league in penalties?

we pump in noise? Yep even though we've been investigated several times?

we are the luckiest team in league history? Yep every week seems like cuz we just keep on winning.

Our fans are no different than any others, it's the stadium that makes us special? Yep and Husky stadium and the kingdome as well i guess, cuz we're pretty loud there too. One things for sure, we know when to cheer and when to shut up?

They're all annoying but my new favorite one is: Russell Wilson is a fake, his little chior boy act is getting old, nobody's that perfect. He makes me sick with his political correctness and cliche's.

When you run out of things to talk smack about, that's really when you dig deep. Good work SF fans...

Latest posts