NFL reporter asks REFS about Seattle's secondary before game

General Manager

Reaction score
Since when in the hell is the NFL media asking the lead official if there going to call the game differently 5 minutes before the game begins. What a punk ass move from the NFL and they would only do it that to the Seahawks. Sometimes I just don't know if we can ever win a SB with the league constantly undermining us. Seriously WTF IS THAT.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah between that and Harbaugh, it certainly gets attention paid to it and thus it's in their heads when plays do come.

Those things should be asked after a game.

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
jblaze":18ohs5yx said:
Yeah between that and Harbaugh, it certainly gets attention paid to it and thus it's in their heads when plays do come.

Those things should be asked after a game.

No the refs are never interviewed from the NFL in that way ever . But for some reason the league decides to make a point with the REFS before this game, it's NEVER happened before . Thia was a break in protocol and should be questioned by everyone.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I was wondering how this topic became a talking point for Aikman and Buck. Of course I get why Coach Douche would whinge about it -- all coaches do that kind of thing. But how did it raise to the level of teevee topic to be hammered on again and again and again as a theme for the day? That felt a little off to me.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't believe in conspiracy theories but that was lame.

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
austinslater25":qcwpnlj4 said:
I don't believe in conspiracy theories but that was lame.

It happened though so that's reality not a theory.

ceej22

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous. It was a theme in the previous two games as well. The NFL is not out to get us. Seahawks lost this game.

Here is a thought. Maybe the rest of the nation would take you seriously if you didn't complain about refs every week win or lose.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
ceej22":1p7pttsz said:
You guys are ridiculous. It was a theme in the previous two games as well. The NFL is not out to get us. Seahawks lost this game.

Here is a thought. Maybe the rest of the nation would take you seriously if you didn't complain about refs every week win or lose.
That's simply untrue, factually. Aikman's relentless pursuit of this angle was different in character than any other broadcast so far this year. It was obviously part of his show prep because it was about the only thing he focused on.

mirrikat45

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1m3mqewt said:
I was wondering how this topic became a talking point for Aikman and Buck. Of course I get why Coach Douche would whinge about it -- all coaches do that kind of thing. But how did it raise to the level of teevee topic to be hammered on again and again and again as a theme for the day? That felt a little off to me.

I agree, they normally point it out once or twice a game but this was hammered on every play. Very annoying. I kept wondering, are they just trying to cause controversy? I don't think anyone was "out to get us", but this was nearly a nationally televised game and the topic came off making the Seahawks look like we get away with cheating. I don't think they intended for that. They are probably just trying to make entertainment. Still, it wasn't needed in anyway.

Seeker

Reaction score
ceej22":99vnssa3 said:

your coach complains about refs before games and whines in every last damned game including the superbowl where you got an extra halftime.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Pam Oliver was clearly a SF 49ers fan or apologist. She was pretty bush league too in how she was describing KJ.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
ceej22":1k236g0l said:

You guys are ridiculous? Personal attacks aren't welcome here. It would be like me calling you a dumbfk. You can't do that.

Osprey

Reaction score
lukerguy":3ddeohdj said:
Yeah, I thought Pam Oliver was clearly a SF 49ers fan or apologist. She was pretty bush league too in how she was describing KJ.

I wonder why she has a job. Personally I find the role of 'sideline' reporter fairly worthless to begin with, but she takes it to a new height. If I didn't know better I'd think she was reading (poorly) from a teleprompter most of the time and speaking gibberish the rest.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am okay with how the game played out, it only adds experience to the Seahawks to learn from this. I would love to get the 49ers to get in our house again, but I think they will not make it that far this year.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Complaining about the refs and questioning why the officials were asked before the game are two very different things. Harbaugh clearly spent all week talking to officials, media, broadcasters, everything. The problem I have with it, is that it was made a story before the game.

If people don't think that officials are influenced, consciously or unconsciously, by the narrative being moved from Xs and Os to how much one team "cheats", they are KIDDING THEMSELVES.

Seattle has to just overcome it now. This will continue and it wasn't the first game. It was just a game we LOST.

The Seahawks are known as cheaters, cheap shot artists and physical beyond the limits of the rule book. They've been getting judged differently for weeks. I watch dozens of hours of football every week and it is very clear.

Luckily, they are good enough to overcome it.