Byron Maxwell manned up today

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
That INT was beautiful, but they were going at him pretty good today. He let a few go, but just gotta learn from it.

Axx

Reaction score
They were without a doubt picking on him today. He played great but browner matches up with the 49ers physical WRs much better

He still played overall very good though

chris98251

Reaction score
He was playing off, typical of a young CB. He will learn to trust his ability and reads as he gets more experience.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Agreed. Clearly they were picking on the younger guys in Lane and Maxwell. But, I felt they both held their own very well. Browner might've jammed the WR's a little better, but BB isn't immune to giving up a pass or two, which is all Maxwell and Lane did today.

Ultimately, I'm okay with either Lane or Maxwell going forward. Let Browner go, (age, suspension issues) try to sign Thurmond, (If we can afford him while keeping the services of Thomas et, all) but if all else fails, I'm okay with letting Lane and Maxwell battle next season for the starting job :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
He did his best but we don't lose today with cheech and chong in the line up. I hope we let both go in the offseason. Selfish prix.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think he let the "Legion of Boom" identity go to his head the way he was mugging guys in the secondary. Found out he can't get with away with as much as they say they do.

The pick was great, but he needs to trust the technique he is being coached and rely less on contact with the receiver.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
DB's did well. Our pass rush didn't do much to help the young DB's in this game. Our DL looked out of breath by the end of the third too. They weren't even trying to run down Cap at the end.

Giedi

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":8k6nhren said:
That INT was beautiful, but they were going at him pretty good today. He let a few go, but just gotta learn from it.
the 'Hawks doe a brilliant job of getting big fast and strong CB's. I wish the 49ers had your depth at CB and Saftey.

General Manager

Reaction score
Crabtree and Boldin are both Physical WR's and are a tough assignment. That said there was a lot of Offensive PI that wasn't called on them yesterday, and a ton of holding from there O-line but the refs just weren't going to call them for much yesterday.

ManBunts

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1g1zuvq8 said:
He played okay. The int made up for a few other plays. I think Lane played very well.

Agreed. Not to dog Maxwell, tough job, he did it okay, but you can't give the kinda cushion he did on several plays. He gave up several first downs. Have confidence in your DBs to back you up. Not worried though. He did well against the Saints and will continue to do so I'm sure.

I feel like in general our secondary has been, well, normal. NOT BAD. But they're always so awesome, lately they've been normal. A lot of gambles not paying off, and a lot of big penalties (whether you think they're questionable or not, they still count). I'm really looking for our secondary to bounce against Manning and his love of throwing to the other team.