Giants game a must win?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It's not a "MUST" win, but it's a "must" win. If we lose to the Giants, the pressure is really on, like we can't drop another game after that or we will lose the #1 seed and possibly the divison.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If the Seahawks want to be an elite team then it is a must-win.

They have to win 2 of their final 3 games to clinch #1 seed without help. To lose to the Giants would mean we have to win against the Rams and Cardinals, which is not easy...even at home.

We don't want to back into the playoffs we want to go in winning our final road game and then beating our division rivals.

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":8avzb0nz said:
Yep. We don't want to be messing around having to beat the Cards and Rams.
Yeah that's my thinking I know they are at home and all but division games throw out the records etc....

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Yep. I don't want to be in a position be forced to win 2 of 2. Nor do we want to be starting to slide coming into the post season.

getnasty

Reaction score
Everybody is starting to freak me out with this talk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Dude, if we don't blow out the Giants.

I mean seriously, we better win this game.

I am confident.

dradee

Reaction score
We win, Book it!

We finish 14-2
Win 2 playoff games at home!
Win the Super Snow Bowl in NY!

It will be Epic!

Polaris

Reaction score
Mathematically is it "must win"? No, but if we DON'T win it, then the Seahawks MUST win the final two home games or lose the division, and the precedence would be terrible.

Basically today's loss has elminated any reasonable cushion Seattle had in the division. It's HFA or nothing (essentially).

bigcc

Reaction score
Polaris":1f1suy6p said:
Mathematically is it "must win"? No, but if we DON'T win it, then the Seahawks MUST win the final two home games or lose the division, and the precedence would be terrible.

Basically today's loss has elminated any reasonable cushion Seattle had in the division. It's HFA or nothing (essentially).

You are wrong on every level. Hypothetically we could lose out and still get HFA.

Polaris

Reaction score
bigcc":1t1e9n7t said:
Polaris":1t1e9n7t said:

You are wrong on every level. Hypothetically we could lose out and still get HFA.

I am not wrong on every level. Do you really think that San Fran is going to lose another game? I sure don't. Not against such powerhouses as Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Arizona. In fact as Seahawk fans we need to take it as a given that the Niners will win out.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
9ers are going 12-4. Hawks HAVE to go 13-3 at worst to get HFA. We can't count on anyone else to blow it at this point, they've got to win the next two.

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":38ieb564 said:
9ers are going 12-4. Hawks HAVE to go 13-3 at worst to get HFA. We can't count on anyone else to blow it at this point, they've got to win the next two.

Agreed.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I don't like so much hinging on a 10am East Coast game, especially against an unpredictable team like the Giants. Yeah, they suck, but I could envision them "getting up" for a game against us. As supremely confident as I am to close out the season with two "w's" against the Cards and Rams in the confines of the CLink, I'd rather it not come down to that. We really kinda need to take out the pathetic Giants if we really are "all that".