What's With the Niner Love?

Polaris

Reaction score
Our Seahawks just got done putting the BEAT DOWN on the Saints this last Monday. Seattle has never looked better. While San Fran did look better with Crabtree back, and Kaep did play better, they weren't tremendous (the Rams were in that game until Fischer went for it with 9 minutes to go keep in his own end...and it was a fourth and 8 ).

So what gives? It's not just Vegas, but a lot fo the talking heads seem to think that somehow the Niners are somehow beat the team that is better than they are. Don't they have EYES?

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I am kinda glad for this. I think it will sit real well with the boys. I even heard a few that are normally Hawk backers think they may have a little let down for this one. I really do not see it. The Hawks can button up things with a win on Sunday. Should be a great battle and not an easy win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I've heard a couple of them say that we have no answer for Justin Smith. Dan Le Batard actually said he was going to maul Russell.

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3p7117pg said:
I've heard a couple of them say that we have no answer for Justin Smith. Dan Le Batard actually said he was going to maul Russell.

Then they are idiots. Justin Smith played on week 2.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
They want their beloved Whinners to stay prominent in this league.. it generates money.
Also think this is the best thing that can happen for us.. VD and Weiner talking and 'experts' picking against us.. This team is gana be on fire to once again prove them wrong.. They play the best when they are angry. I'm feeling really good going into this game.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Well.. they did represent the NFC in the SB last season. They have won the NFCW the past two seasons and are currently 8-4 so it is understandable that some perceive them as a good team. We are playing extremely well, but we are playing our rival in their house.

daketah

Reaction score
It's probably a good thing that what people think will happen has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. I don't think that the Seahawks need validation before the games. If anything, the doubters just make the 'chip' even bigger. I think if everyone was gaga over the Seahawks we'd see posts articulating worry over the players buying into the hype. Either way, these are professionals who have to spend their mental energy studying the film of the next opponent, leaving little to no time to listen to the hot air produced by professional hot air sources.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Barthawk":1obsjpev said:
Well.. they did represent the NFC in the SB last season. They have won the NFCW the past two seasons and are currently 8-4 so it is understandable that some perceive them as a good team. We are playing extremely well, but we are playing our rival in their house.

Correction: We are taking back the NFC West from them in their house! Time to shut them up!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The #1 job of talking heads is to increase viewership. The same way Vegas sets odds to maximize betting volume, the media folks will drum up any storyline that draws in those on-the-fence viewers. This is the last chance for anyone to play the "Seattle could get tripped up" story line. If we win this game, only the top 1% of ratings-desperate mediots will continue harping on the proverbial trap-game/let-down/overconfident angle.

Mindsink

Reaction score
This game would be awesome if we end up putting in our backups in the 4th quarter while Richard Sherman waves bye-bye at the 49er fans leaving the stadium. "Hurry up and beat the traffic"

Seeker

Reaction score
I got a feeling seahawks fans are going to be traveling a lot this week....

pmedic920

Reaction score
u2u8enuz.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkx":2xp5ayvb said:
They want their beloved Whinners to stay prominent in this league.. it generates money.

Who's "they?" They is Vegas, and Vegas doesn't give a rat's ass about the 49'ers. All Vegas cares about is making money, and it's perfectly normal for a good team like the 49'ers to be a 3 pt favorite at home against ANY team in the league.

Plus the Niners are in full desperation/revenge mode, so if you're thinking the Hawks are going to roll the Niners and win by 21 you're fooling yourself.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Part of that line is still based off public perception that the Seahawks are not a good road team. Most non-Seahawk fans believe this and betting lines are based off public perception.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Mindsink":1ay2unbs said:
Part of that line is still based off public perception that the Seahawks are not a good road team. Most non-Seahawk fans believe this and betting lines are based off public perception.

AND there are a ton of Niner fans that would bet on their team. That has to drive the spread as well.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It would also be boring if all of the talking heads always picked the best team in football to win every game. What I would like to see is a 0-49 victory, clinching the division with that and vawing good riddance to their old dump of a stadium.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Some doofus of a journalist on nfl.com who does the weekly game picks predict a 49ers win this Sunday. Part of his reasoning is the Seahawks' injuries in the secondary. Same guy picked the Saints last week, and cited the same argument about our secondary.

SMH

jblaze

Reaction score
There are many reasons for this:

1. The Hawks can't win on the road (fallacy but that's still the perception even though we're 5-1)
2. We just came off a huge game and are vulnerable to an emotional let down.
3. We've pretty much clinched HFA already so the stakes aren't high so motivation could be a factor (it won't, it's the 49'ers)
4. Short week just playing on Monday night.
5. 49'ers want revenge for the previous beat downs.
6. 49'ers are playing for their playoff lives so motivation will be high.
7. The got an email reminding them how to be fans so now they know. (LOL)
8. 49'ers have been playing better as of late and got Crabtree back, etc.

A lot of things pointing towards the 49'ers from a betting perspective based on probabilities, however, they don't necessarily take into effect the much better team wins the majority of the time regardless.

The Hawks are a much better team and are individually in each phase of the game. We may give up some yards but we won't give up the big play or touchdowns regularly. Wilson is on a tear right now and Lynch is hungry after a down game.

Regardless of the line, I would not take the 49'ers in this one. I have a feeling the boys are out to make another statement Sunday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mindsink":1rvotp6h said:

True. Odds are obviously based on past stats, and the stats show that up until this year the Hawks were a poor road team.

But IMO the MAIN reason the Niners are favored is this game means more to them then us, plus stats show coming off Monday night games on short week against road division rivals is a tough matchup for the road team.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
jblaze":10mpo2yl said:
There are many reasons for this:

1. The Hawks can't win on the road (fallacy but that's still the perception even though we're 5-1)
2. We just came off a huge game and are vulnerable to an emotional let down.
3. We've pretty much clinched HFA already so the stakes aren't high so motivation could be a factor (it won't, it's the 49'ers)
4. Short week just playing on Monday night.
5. 49'ers want revenge for the previous beat downs.
6. 49'ers are playing for their playoff lives so motivation will be high.
7. The got an email reminding them how to be fans so now they know. (LOL)
8. 49'ers have been playing better as of late and got Crabtree back, etc.

A lot of things pointing towards the 49'ers from a betting perspective based on probabilities, however, they don't necessarily take into effect the much better team wins the majority of the time regardless.

The Hawks are a much better team and are individually in each phase of the game. We may give up some yards but we won't give up the big play or touchdowns regularly. Wilson is on a tear right now and Lynch is hungry after a down game.

Regardless of the line, I would not take the 49'ers in this one. I have a feeling the boys are out to make another statement Sunday.

That E-mail is hilarious...