Who is more important to this franchise...

mrdaija

Reaction score
Football gods willing, we will have the Wilson/Carroll tandem for years to come but if not, who is more important to this franchise: Wilson or Carroll?
Clearly Wilson is a franchise QB and 1 or 2 years (or one super bowl win) away from the "elite" tag. Carroll's knowledge of the game and the atmosphere that he has fostered are almost beyond unique.

My gut wants to say Wilson but I think that's only because PC is an older coach and I think that he will likely retire before RW. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with their value to the team and is tainting my ability to look at them objectively.

What do you guys think? Who is more important to this team down the road, DangerRuss or The Silver Fox?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
WHY would you post some gutwrenching thing like this right after one of our greatest victories ever?

I don't get it...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
We've seen Pete with Tarvaris and Hasslebeck... so I'm going with Wilson. Oh and this thread sucks

Pstark3

Reaction score
Caroll.. He could find us another quarterback

definitely wont be another russ, but still

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":36ojcwp7 said:
Caroll.. He could find us another quarterback

definitely wont be another russ, but still

A ridiculous post. I don't think you realize that Russell is that once in a lifetime QB we've been waiting for. Just wait. Eventually November 29th will be known as Christmas to all Hawk fans around the world.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seattle angstiness at it's best. Everything is wonderful, it must be too good. How can I poop on it?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
So much stupid in one thread, that being said #3, he actually plays the game.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I would never had said so two years ago..but its Carroll and his staff. He has a program, he has his ideas and is taking a different approach to football. Id would slit my wrists if we lost Wilson..but if I had to choose..

OP
OP
mrdaija

mrdaija

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2oku2oaq said:
Seattle angstiness at it's best. Everything is wonderful, it must be too good. How can I poop on it?

Angst? Please! Angst is "We're screwed when we lose one of these guys". This is a legitimate question. What's more important a strong coach with a winning philosophy or a potentially elite franchise QB?

This has been the best of my 33 years being a Hawks fan and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. No one is trying to poo in your Cheerios, Scotte.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson. Sorry I love Carroll but Wilsons don't come around too often.

OrFan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3lsyfoul said:
Would you rather give up your blood or your air?

Best answer.

This is a TEAM, it is not about individuals.

Anthony!

Reaction score
OrFan":1zyv73ne said:
brimsalabim":1zyv73ne said:
Would you rather give up your blood or your air?

Best answer.

This is a TEAM, it is not about individuals.

Except a team is only as strongest as your weakest link, and QB is the most important position on the field, and Fa QBs only come around evey so often Its a no brainer RW.