Just want to clear up a few stats about the saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafo

Reaction score
First as of this week both the saints offense and defense are ranked in the top 5. It's surprising to see a lot of you guys calling for a blowout. It could happen but rarely does this team get blown out. I will say that I believe Brees is at his worst (which is still darn good) when there is wind and rain and I do believe we will get that in Seattle.

I am also surprised by so many of you guys saying how bad we are on the road. Are we as explosive? Not this year but here are the saints w/l on the road since 2009.

Overall we are 24-13 on the road since 2009 in the regular season and Payton is 21-8 on the road. Maybe I'm stupid but I tend to think that is good. This year we are 3-2 on the road (NE got every single call and we still had to give that game away at the very end) (the jets abused us and it didn't help that Al Toon's son Nick was playing for the jets that day) Toon cost us big time with his pathetic hands that day. He was so bad word has it that Al ordered a blood test up because he didn't believe a kid of this would have that bad of hands. (Toon cost us 14 points that day)

As for primetime, I know you guys have won your last 7 MNF games (which is fantastic btw) but did you know the saints have won their last 9 MNF games?

I know you guys have a great team but can we admit to each other that none of us know our opponent as well as we know our own team?

As for injuries, every team has them. We've lost Kenyon Coleman, Will Smith, Jon Vilma, Victor Butler (may make it back this year), Jabari Greer, and Patrick Robinson all for the year. We lost Harper for six weeks (thank God, he is by far our worst pass defender) and Malcolm Jenkins for a few weeks. All of these guys were in our top 12 defenders so I am very surprised by our D even though I do think the youth movement helped out. Hopefully Sproles will be a full go but we really need Jahri Evans healthy. When he is right he is the best in the biz and is a dominant RG.

Brees is 1000 times better than any qb you have seen so far this year.

As for the myth that the penalty last week cost the niners the game. They had over 3 mins to do something about it and couldn't. The niners had negative yards the entire fourth qtr and I guess most of you didn't see where we had twice as many yards and first downs as the niners. 17 of the niner points came off of turnovers why we got nothing off of tos.

If there are any questions I can answer about the saints please let me know?

Good luck to you guys and here's to an injury free game. I am not predicting anything. I'm strictly putting info out there.

mistaowen

Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't think anyone on this board is overlooking this game. It is very clear the #1 and #2 seed will be the Seahawks and Saints. This game will probably decide who gets the higher seed. Drew Brees with a pocket is unstoppable. It's more impressive that his best receivers are Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles.

I think there is reason to be optimistic for a Seahawk win because it is prime time at home for us. Home games for us are always an advantage and having the extra boost of being a MNF game makes it better. I could say the same for you guys cause the Superdome is another monster of a home field advantage. If it was in Naahlens, I could see confidence for you guys to win it as well.

I think the biggest factor will be Marshawn. Looking at the game statistically, you guys have done very well against the run. But you haven't faced something like Marshawn with a super fresh/newly uninjured O-line. If we can run well, this should be a fairly convincing win for us.

Also, look forward to seeing you guys in the NFC conference game.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Good stuff.

But... Here's another stat, the most important: 13-0 at home since the start of 2012.

We have a mojo at C Link, as the Saints learned the last time you came up here.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Butt hurt about a game that hasn't been played yet... You don't have to cone here to set anyone straight. We're good.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
jafo":lqp5n2m8 said:
It's surprising to see a lot of you guys calling for a blowout.
I am also surprised by so many of you guys saying how bad we are on the road. here are the saints w/l on the road since 2009.

Personally, I couldn't care less what their record was prior to this year, as that is completely irrelevant.

THIS year, they are 3-2 on the road, pass for over 150 yards LESS on the road, have more INT's on the road, fewer touchdowns, and a full 32.5% lower QB rating on the road. In the rushing game it's just as bad.... nearly 30 fewer rushing yards per game on the road, a Rush TD scoring differential of 6 to 1 fewer TD's on the road, and 15 fewer 1st downs rushing. They have a total of 15 FEWER TD's on the road than at home 25-10. Those are significant differences.

vonstout

Reaction score
Even if we lose, NO has a tougher schedule with 2 vs. CAR and StL on the road. We have SF and the Gmen on the road. The early start in NY is a concern, but I' rather have our schedule. If we win this game the road goes thru Seattle!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Interesting factoid, since 2012 we're 8-5 on the road. Pretty interesting how good you get regardless of circumstances when you have an elite quarterback you of all people should know that.:)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I don't think many are overlooking Nawlins. We're just busy being fans. What we need to worry about is Graham and Colston. That normally wouldn't be an overriding concern, but with Browner out we are short one big, physical corner that can match up on one big boy while Sherm takes the other. Sproles will present issues regardless, so that's more of a 'damage control' issue.
Now, with full acknowledgment of the counter stats you trotted in front of us, the only prayer you have of winning in our house is if our recently returned OL starters are slow at shaking the rust off. If our OL turns in at least average blocking, NO will leave Seattle with loss #3; No dout in my mind. You are up against the best secondary in the NFL, a top 5 pass rush, a top 3 D in points allowed a top 5 rushing attack a top 5 QB and and an already dangerous, big play offense that just added an insanely good WR who demands special attention whenever he takes the field. AND that's not factoring in the advantage of playing in front of the 12th man at C-link. With due regard to "Any given Sunday," good luck against your next opponent because it won't help against us (・_ゞ).

Laloosh

Reaction score
0-1 against SEA in 2013, you heard it here first. Just to clear that up.

OP
OP
J

jafo

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":21ejhxsb said:
We respect the saints, they respect us. Drew breezeway 1000x better, wow. Statistics aside are you ready?

Welcome.

I shouldn't of included Luck on this. He is a hell of a player.

Good luck guys.

Largent80

Reaction score
2 good teams slugging it out. I love it.

Gonna be a tough road game that Monday night.

Go HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kakaww

Reaction score
It's pretty clear that the Hawks and Saints are the cream of the NFC crop. Carolina is playing well, but Cam is no Drew Brees (my favorite non-Seahawk). I expect a really good game with a few lead changes and a close Seattle win.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
jafo":cja34edc said:
We've seen Russell Wilson quite a few times this year. Your guys are about to as well.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
NO will at best split with Carolina down the stretch, I'd giggle for 3 days straight if the Panthers somehow won that division

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Oh, and no matter they're such a great team, it's really hard to get worried about a team that ranks dead last in the Red Zone on the road.

Smoke

Reaction score
This will be a slugfest. My favorite seahawks game was the 2010 wildcard game, and I kinda have a sneaking suspicion that it will be a slug fest, like that one was.

Im hyped.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
jafo":33yx65ap said:
snip....

snip...

This is where your post looses all credibility, no NFL QB is 1,000 times better than the next best one, and to be honest I don't know if I could even list him in the top five.

We will see next Monday, but to quote an in the stadium saying that most Hawk season ticket holders know:

If you can't call the play you can't run the play.

The noise will unlike anything they have ever heard and that includes the NO Superdome.

GO HAWKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.