Just want to clear up a few stats about the saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mistaowen":1nc0dyzs said:
In all honesty, I don't think anyone on this board is overlooking this game. It is very clear the #1 and #2 seed will be the Seahawks and Saints. This game will probably decide who gets the higher seed. Drew Brees with a pocket is unstoppable. It's more impressive that his best receivers are Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles.

I think there is reason to be optimistic for a Seahawk win because it is prime time at home for us. Home games for us are always an advantage and having the extra boost of being a MNF game makes it better. I could say the same for you guys cause the Superdome is another monster of a home field advantage. If it was in Naahlens, I could see confidence for you guys to win it as well.

I think the biggest factor will be Marshawn. Looking at the game statistically, you guys have done very well against the run. But you haven't faced something like Marshawn with a super fresh/newly uninjured O-line. If we can run well, this should be a fairly convincing win for us.

Also, look forward to seeing you guys in the NFC conference game.

Very clear #1 and #2 seeds? I think you may be overlooking the Panthers. The Saints still have two games against them and the Panthers are only one game behind.

OP
OP
J

jafo

Reaction score
IronSaint":1n4cub8f said:
jafo, dude, you can't come in here to someone else's home with guns blazing like that. That is NOT proper Louisianian etiquette and rather rude to be honest. You have to establish a base and connect with the fans here. They're not Saints fans like you and I, and that is a line that has to be respected. You can't come here spouting this fact, that fact and expect to change their entire view of how they think this game will play out. It just can't (and won't) happen.

Being here since January, I've made a few friends here and I've learned this forum is filled with some football-savy X's and O's guys (and gals). But in addition to these, there are the people that just like the Seahawks and aren't as well-versed in X's and O's and just simply want to support their team and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink," and it's the same here on '.NET'. You can post all the facts you want, but if they don't want to drink, then they're just falling upon deaf ears. A little light ribbing here and there is always fine and fun, but it's necessary to be able to take it as well as you can dish it.

I hope I'm not coming off as a **** here, but I'm just upset that one of our own fans, from such a respective and well-reputable fan base, can come to another team's board and act as condescending and downright rude like that.

RolandDeschain":1n4cub8f said:
Man, I'm terrified of the day when Russell Wilson has to face Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

...Oh, wait; he already has, and he beat them. Our 7-9 "playoff" team beat the Saints, this version is better than their 2009 version was, but ours is WAY better.

Shut up, iRo. No one wants to hear your "facts". :thfight7: :stirthepot:

:lol: :thirishdrinkers:

Are you for real? All I did was put some info out there. I have never predicted anything. Sorry but you need to read my posts again before you commence kissing up again. Hell we may get blown out that night. I guess I was wrong to think some fans might want to know a little more about their opponent. I'll let you get back to puckering.

I'm done with this thread.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1wkfy3d3 said:
jafo":1wkfy3d3 said:
It's surprising to see a lot of you guys calling for a blowout.
I am also surprised by so many of you guys saying how bad we are on the road. here are the saints w/l on the road since 2009.

Personally, I couldn't care less what their record was prior to this year, as that is completely irrelevant.

THIS year, they are 3-2 on the road, pass for over 150 yards LESS on the road, have more INT's on the road, fewer touchdowns, and a full 32.5% lower QB rating on the road. In the rushing game it's just as bad.... nearly 30 fewer rushing yards per game on the road, a Rush TD scoring differential of 6 to 1 fewer TD's on the road, and 15 fewer 1st downs rushing. They have a total of 15 FEWER TD's on the road than at home 25-10. Those are significant differences.

Their defense also gets half as many turnovers per game and allows more yards per game on the road.

I honestly don't expect a blowout. If Thurmond doesn't play, I'm wondering honestly if we will win. Our strength is being able to neutralize WRs in a spread without needing to double team. Without Thurmond, it's not a strength anymore.

The truth is that the Saints don't play as well on the road as at home. Much of this has to do with the Saints being a dome team, and historically (and this year) it shows up when those teams play outdoors. If it's pouring down rain and windy we won't miss Thurmond all that much.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't care 2 cans of monkey piss about stats. They are figures that are overall very skewed, especially when your team has had 3 games where backups mopped up and opposing offenses were in hurry up mode.

I don't care about the Saints defensive/offensive rankings either.

I have to tell you Saints fans, when the ball is kicked Monday night, the Saints will be venturing into the den of an angry bear, one that doesn't care about your stats or rankings.

Listen, and understand. The Seahawks are playing at home. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until the win is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.