Just want to clear up a few stats about the saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
J

jafo

Reaction score
For you to not put him in your top 5 makes you lose all credibility. Sorry but that is just an asinine statement.

I may have used excessive hyperbole by saying a 1000 times better but your statement is ludicrous at best. Obviously you haven't looked at an nfl record book or watched the games.

OrFan

Reaction score
Brees is definitely a top 10 qb, but your team has lost 40% of it's road games.

He is not as great as you believe he is, and you are going to be playing in Seattle, the toughest place in the NFL. Expect to be disappointed with your 1000x better qb.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
jafo":pts7xooq said:
For you to not put him in your top 5 makes you lose all credibility. Sorry but that is just an asinine statement.

I may have used excessive hyperbole by saying a 1000 times better but your statement is ludicrous at best. Obviously you haven't looked at an nfl record book or watched the games.

Ok...Now you are getting annoying. This is not talking X O's. It's becoming smack and trollish as in you have come here to start an argument. Time to go away if you can't figure that out. BYE.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Oh, and I agree that this game is going to be a slugfest between two very good teams. Anyone who thinks different has rose colored glasses on. Can't wait to watch the game. It will be epic.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I'll take you up on a question:

What is your current injury situation? Who, how long, position, and what impact they have when healthy (elite, starter, contributor, etc.)

tacomahawk

Reaction score
The last time we played, (playoffs 2010) the crowd was intense, the atmosphere electric, in short a great game to be at. However, the difference this time, is that we BELIEVE we will beat you going into it. This won't be a 7-9 team, that is shocked and happy to be at the party. This time you are coming up here to try and take something away from us that is OURS! The 12th man will be fully into it from the get go, pregame, 1st half, 2nd half, postgame. It will be a slugfest, both teams are good, but I can't imagine how freaking loud it is going to be at gametime there is still 9 days to go, and I am already amped up. If I can still speak on Thursday after the game, I didn't do my job. That is right, we take being loud as a job if we don't do our job, the team can't properly do theirs.

9 freaking days to go.....FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

hawker84

Reaction score
This will be a hard fought game, i expect the seahawks to come out on top, but by no means is it going to be an easy win. I think our offense will move the ball quite convincingly against that vaunted top 10 D, because i just don't see how they match up with us at all.

i think we're going to have to keep constant pressure on bree's, keep him out of rhythm, smother graham, how in the world are we going to contain sproles? i don't know , that's one of the minimize the damage type situations. bottom line, hold them to field goals, keep bree's and company on the sidelines by running and pounding and moving the chains. get a couple key defensive stops, hopefully a couple turnovers and the game should be ours.

having parents from Louisianna i grew up spending most of my summers down there. NO is a great football town, great people, don't even get me started on the food. I expect a great football game, hopefully we'll take care of this homefield advantage business and both teams come out relatively injury free. thanks for visiting our boards. look forward to chatting with you guys this coming week, and good luck with Carolina, i want Newton to fail miserably..

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I understand the Saints are that good, but that fact they're playing here in Seattle changes everything. You guys lost to a 7-9 team here almost three years ago. I'm sure Brees will put up a fight, but I just can't envision a victory in their favor.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Why are all these Saints trolls coming in here to tell us how good their team is?
We have eyes, I myself have seen the Saints last 5 games.
Your team is not that great.
Good luck with that 20th ranked run defense stopping Lynch from doing what he does.
Good luck with your big slow pass rushers getting to Russell.
Good luck covering all of those shifty play making wide outs.
Good luck stopping Percy from shredding your special teams.
And most of all, Good Luck to Brees getting out of this game with out being sacked 4-5 times, and not turning the ball over!
It's starting to look like this will be the Saints super bowl...
But it's just one more team to beat for the Hawks!

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Why do people bring up stuff like road records since 2009??? Is this 2009?

This is the NFL and every season is its own separate entity. Ask the Falcons.

Seattle's road record since 09 is terrible, does that mean they're a terrible road team THIS year?? No, 5-1 says otherwise.

I see a Saints team that is significantly worse on the road THIS season. Not last, or 2010 or 2009,but THIS season.

They're not winning in CenturyLink. Not next Monday and certainly not in January.

Go Hawks!

stack600

Reaction score
Agree, this is not the 1984, or better yet 2005 Seahawks, These are your 2013 Seattle Seahawks=Physical in your face, punch you in the mouth. And kick ur a$$ Seahawks. Thats why we get all those PI calls, Good or Bad. And if Bennett, Clem, Irvin or Avril would have hit Brees like Brooks did he might still be looking out his ear hole, just saying :141847_bnono: No disrespect Saints fans, but when I watch your team play, I see a mirror image of the Mike Holmgren Seahawks. Not so much Power Football (Although Graham is a beast, But not our Beast) But more of a Finness W.C. Kind of team.

It will be a good game, And if you look at this year(Just take a look at what teams do the week after they play the Hawks) Now there's a stat to look up....
GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
J

jafo

Reaction score
JerHawk81":1ssobfuy said:
I'll take you up on a question:

What is your current injury situation? Who, how long, position, and what impact they have when healthy (elite, starter, contributor, etc.)

The saints are missing quite a few starters on defense but since they are gone for the year they don't matter. Our defense will be as healthy as possible for this game. On offense jimmy graham has a partially torn Plantar fascia but he is playing through it. The two players that didn't play against Atlanta were Darren Sproles and Jahri Evans. I would be surprised if both didn't play against you. Basically we're as healthy as we're going to get for this game.

To all the insecure fans on this thread..........I have never predicted a saints victory in this thread or any thread for that matter. I know you guys are tough but thought you would like some info on your opponent. Obviously I'm wrong about that.

As for the slights against Brees I will just laugh. Does this mean we win in nine days? Absolutely not but to not put him in the top 5 is asinine.

I also laugh when people compare scores or look at individual games. Have we looked good every game? Heck no but I'm pretty sure you guys didn't like the way you played against TB or St Louis.

Once again good luck and here's to an injury free game.

OP
OP
J

jafo

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2cesbq2b said:
jafo":2cesbq2b said:

Ok...Now you are getting annoying. This is not talking X O's. It's becoming smack and trollish as in you have come here to start an argument. Time to go away if you can't figure that out. BYE.

What did I say that would be considered smack? Wow.

OP
OP
J

jafo

Reaction score
OrFan":13004sq1 said:
Brees is definitely a top 10 qb, but your team has lost 40% of it's road games.

He is not as great as you believe he is, and you are going to be playing in Seattle, the toughest place in the NFL. Expect to be disappointed with your 1000x better qb.

So I say Brees is top 5 and you bag on me. I would say RW is great too, right there with Luck for the next generation. Even if the saints lose this doesn't mean Brees isn't great.

My God you guys are sensitive. Whee have I said one bad thing about the Seahawks. Heck I even admitted in my first post that all of us fans don't know our opponents as well as our own teams. I apologize for sharing any info.

I'm done with arguing. If people have questions I will answer but this just isn't fun.

Once again good luck.

daketah

Reaction score
jafo":2sft46ao said:
Brees is 1000 times better than any qb you have seen so far this year.

He must be a unicorn in disguise. It will be an honor to play against a supernatural and magical being.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
12HawkFan":hhinbdsp said:
jafo":hhinbdsp said:
snip....

Brees is 1000 times better than any qb you have seen so far this year.

snip...

This is where your post looses all credibility, no NFL QB is 1,000 times better than the next best one, and to be honest I don't know if I could even list him in the top five.

We will see next Monday, but to quote an in the stadium saying that most Hawk season ticket holders know:

If you can't call the play you can't run the play.

The noise will unlike anything they have ever heard and that includes the NO Superdome.

GO HAWKS!!!

Man, I'm terrified of the day when Russell Wilson has to face Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

...Oh, wait; he already has, and he beat them. Our 7-9 "playoff" team beat the Saints, this version is better than their 2009 version was, but ours is WAY better.

IronSaint

Reaction score
jafo, dude, you can't come in here to someone else's home with guns blazing like that. That is NOT proper Louisianian etiquette and rather rude to be honest. You have to establish a base and connect with the fans here. They're not Saints fans like you and I, and that is a line that has to be respected. You can't come here spouting this fact, that fact and expect to change their entire view of how they think this game will play out. It just can't (and won't) happen.

Being here since January, I've made a few friends here and I've learned this forum is filled with some football-savy X's and O's guys (and gals). But in addition to these, there are the people that just like the Seahawks and aren't as well-versed in X's and O's and just simply want to support their team and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink," and it's the same here on '.NET'. You can post all the facts you want, but if they don't want to drink, then they're just falling upon deaf ears. A little light ribbing here and there is always fine and fun, but it's necessary to be able to take it as well as you can dish it.

I hope I'm not coming off as a **** here, but I'm just upset that one of our own fans, from such a respective and well-reputable fan base, can come to another team's board and act as condescending and downright rude like that.

RolandDeschain":vsj70gwd said:
Man, I'm terrified of the day when Russell Wilson has to face Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

...Oh, wait; he already has, and he beat them. Our 7-9 "playoff" team beat the Saints, this version is better than their 2009 version was, but ours is WAY better.

Shut up, iRo. No one wants to hear your "facts". :thfight7: :stirthepot:

:lol: :thirishdrinkers:

Status
Not open for further replies.