Jeffery Chadiha on Brock and Danny

ivotuk

Reaction score
I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job. He is hesitant to put Russell Wilson up there as an MVP candidate and gave some fairly good reasons but then he went back to the tired, sad talking points that only demonstrate the ignorance of pundits and their unwillingness to put the time in on the Seahawks so that they know what they are talking about.

Specifically he referred to the team as carrying Russell Wilson and said that RW hasn't experienced any difficulties like Kapernick or others have. That Russell hasn't had to put the team on his backup (I can't remember word for word so paraphrasing) like others have had to do. That the defense and Marshawn Lynch make it easier for him.

What an unfortunate thing to say. Apparently he didn't see the Chicago Bears game last year, the one that ended Brian Urlacher's career. Probably didn't see the Houston game where Seattle was able to do nothing until RW put his team on...I don't know, his back? Or the DangeRuss performance throwing for 300+ yards against one of the best front 7s in the league when we couldn't run the ball.

Where was that defense or that running game that carries Russell in St Louis or at home vs the Buccaneers? Both teams that are actually very good. Try to tell Andrew Luck and Matt Ryan that those teams aren't very good.

Then he asked what happens when teams decide to keep him in the pocket and start batting balls down? I don't like using this term, but wtf? Batting balls down? And he won't be able to function if he's kept in the pocket? Hello? 21 and 6 after playing some of the best defenses in the league.

Houston Texans #1
Carolina Panthers #3
San Francisco 49ers #7
Arizona Cardinals #9
Tennessee Titans #10
Tampa Bay Buccaneers #15

Did I mention he was missing 2 starting Tackles most of the season and his starting Center for several games or that his #1 is on IR? How about the fact that the starting Fullback got cut? And his #2 TE went on IR before the season even started. Now he's throwing to such well known receivers as Kellen Davis, UDFA Doug Baldwin, UDFA Jermaine Kearse and Ricardo Lockette.

Look, I can understand a lot of people's reservations about putting Russell Wilson III way up there in the MVP race, but at least show him the respect when you are going to make statements concerning him of being familiar with his capabilities. "Teams start batting down balls?"

I only have one thing to say to those people, Ten and One.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The defense does a lot to keep the game within Wilson's reach, but Wilson is the one punching it in. This team falls apart without his mobility. And given the relative unknowns he's been throwing to all year, behind a checkerboard O-line against some pretty hardcore D-lines, I don't see how anyone can fail to give him the proper credit. Jeffrey Chalupa needs to watch some tape.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ibtqtn0 said:
I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job.

Seriously? This is the guy who earlier this year called Wilson a "game manager" and said he would never be elite after admitting he watched almost no tape of Wilson during the season. There is utterly no reason to care what this guy has to say about Russell Wilson. None at all. He is not good at his job and does not deserve to be discussed. Apparently, he has discovered that bad-mouthing Wilson is a quick and easy way to get his Twitter mentions up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He said that? Well, he's obviously a complete idiot.
Never watched him, yet called him a Game Manager?? I guess you can't fix stupid.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jeffrey Chadiha apparently believes everything he read before Russell Wilson ever started a game for the Seahawks, has not watched the Seahawks play since, and is sticking to the opinions he inherited from those writers.

What a pathetic synopsis of the player Russell Wilson is, and it is proven as completely ignorant if you just watch the man play and put the team on his back.

kearly

Reaction score
Chadiha is a good writer when he actually studies his subject material. Wilson appears to be his blind spot. He's the same guy that went on Seattle radio in August and put Cam Newton ahead of Wilson, then admitted to a (pissed) Brock that he actually hadn't watched much of Wilson, but was basing his opinion on second hand information and input from others, who were apparently clueless themselves.

Chadiha sounded slightly embarrassed when admitting his lack of knowledge back in August. Given that he's written smart analysis on other topics, I am pretty damn surprised he's still ignorant of Wilson's ability, talent and production in the face of mostly piss poor protection.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9z2w2bd2 said:
ivotuk":9z2w2bd2 said:
I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job.

Seriously? This is the guy who earlier this year called Wilson a "game manager" and said he would never be elite after admitting he watched almost no tape of Wilson during the season. There is utterly no reason to care what this guy has to say about Russell Wilson. None at all. He is not good at his job and does not deserve to be discussed. Apparently, he has discovered that bad-mouthing Wilson is a quick and easy way to get his Twitter mentions up.

Wilson not so good:
http://mynorthwest.com/422/2298299/Colu ... r-be-elite

Wilson is good after all:
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=422&sid=2353813

There's an audio link at the top of each page if people actually want to listen to them.

* He talks about RGIII and Kaep being able to throw their bodies around because they're bigger (and more durable).
* He talks about Kaepernick's skill being the reason that he only has to make one read. He's so dangerous that defenses are simplified and he's only had to make one read.

** He is a TOOL

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Chadiha.......... Just smh. Russell has carried this team plenty of times since he was drafted. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just not watching much hawks football.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Nice! This kind of stuff works into our favor. RW feeds on doubt.

Anyway this guy needs to watch the levy film some one linked and witness from field level that shovel pass Wilson pitched to Lynch. He would change his tune after seeing that for sure.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
"Specifically he referred to the team as carrying Russell Wilson and said that RW hasn't experienced any difficulties like Kapernick or others have."

How is not having 3/5 of your starting Oline not a difficulty? This guys is one of those Wilson is too short to play in the NFL guys. He is having to find BS to justify stupidity.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3q3l4u73 said:
DavidSeven":3q3l4u73 said:
ivotuk":3q3l4u73 said:

Wilson not so good:
http://mynorthwest.com/422/2298299/Colu ... r-be-elite

Wilson is good after all:
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=422&sid=2353813

There's an audio link at the top of each page if people actually want to listen to them.

* He talks about RGIII and Kaep being able to throw their bodies around because they're bigger (and more durable).
* He talks about Kaepernick's skill being the reason that he only has to make one read. He's so dangerous that defenses are simplified and he's only had to make one read.

** He is a TOOL

Rg3 durable?

How's that one-read thing working out now that defenses have him figured out? If he's capable of making reads, he would've adapted his game already

drdiags

Reaction score
I was going to point out that Chadilha picked Wilson as the QB to undergo a "Sophomore slump" back in the summer. Sounds like he still is trying to justify his position from earlier criticisms. That is why Brock brought him on back when he admitted not seeing much tape. I would just chalk it up to he is not going to change his view. Happens and folks have reason to dig in. Admitting you are wrong about something is not acceptable in modern debate.

He is getting paid for his work/opinion, so good for him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
drdiags":2ukmin9q said:
I was going to point out that Chadilha picked Wilson as the QB to undergo a "Sophomore slump" back in the summer. Sounds like he still is trying to justify his position from earlier criticisms. That is why Brock brought him on back when he admitted not seeing much tape. I would just chalk it up to he is not going to change his view. Happens and folks have reason to dig in. Admitting you are wrong about something is not acceptable in modern debate.

He is getting paid for his work/opinion, so good for him.

His out though, Doc... is that he'd been told by guys who "know personnel" and have been doing it for years told him that they didn't see anything special with Wilson. When he tried to lump Russell in with Alex Smith, he refused to accept that Russell was a much better athlete than Alex because he's short (i'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it).

Guys that want to be taken seriously in their field should be willing to admit their mistakes and not just that, make sure they get it right after their lazy ways have been exposed.

"I talked to a bunch of people who I trust and they said Wilson's not good" is basically saying "I don't have a clue, but I hear that he's not very good and choose to believe it".

tdigitee

Reaction score
ivotuk":2saub6nv said:
Then he asked what happens when teams decide to keep him in the pocket and start batting balls down? I don't like using this term, but wtf? Batting balls down? And he won't be able to function if he's kept in the pocket? Hello? 21 and 6 after playing some of the best defenses in the league.

Facepalm

This is so painful to read since I recently read on a mainstream NFL site (thought it was ESPN but cannot locate the article now, ugh) that the last 2 games Wilson has been PREDOMINANTLY staying in the pocket - with a high passer rating - with only a handful of throws from outside...if I can locate the article I will link it

EDIT: AH here it is! So, THIS is the terrible stuff that happens when they contain RW in the pocket!

Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 151.4
QBR: 98.5
Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, for the second consecutive week, Wilson threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

from http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ack-report

lobohawk

Reaction score
The fact that Marshawn told Russell to "take over" a tight game so they could get the win, says enough by itself.

Think it was the Houston game...back when Houston actually cared about winning.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Oh yes, the ol' "start batting down the passes" strategy. Cuz, you know, once you decide to do it, it just happens. Fortunately for RW defenses are too stupid to have realized that's all they need to do. Hopefully they don't figure it out until after the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score

Latest posts