First Round Opponent

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
I am more confident in this team now then I have ever been in ANY Seahawks team... That being said, there are some tough potential first round playoff matchups. This year the NFC is clearly the deeper conference. The Saints, Panthers, 49ers, Lions, Bears, and even the Cardinals could be potential playoff opponents. Assuming we lock up homefield..... Which team would you want at the Clink for the Divisional Round, and why? I would say the 49ers... Because clearly they have MAJOR issues up here... :D

JonRud

Reaction score
Out of the choices listed above I would take the Bears or Cards because they are flawed teams that we should easily handle.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Only teams I would prefer not to see are the Saints and Lions, but obviously I think we can take any of them at home. My preference would be to face either Chicago or the winner of the east division be it the Eagles or Cowboys.

JonRud

Reaction score
The Saints and Lions scare me more than Carolina.

We have beaten Cam twice in his house. I think he would wilt into a puddle of powder blue ooze playing before the 12th man in a playoff game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
When I use Playoff Machine, it pretty much comes out that Carolina is always the #5 seed. So unless the #6 seed upsets the #3 seed, we play Carolina in Seattle. I'm assuming, of course, that we're the #1 seed. Losing MNF to the Saints, however, and ending up the #2 seed, means we play Detroit or Chicago most likely.

So ironically, we have an easier home game in Rd. 2 if we're the #2 seed, but of course, then we'd have to travel to NO for the NFCCG. I'd rather beat Carolina, then host the NFCCG.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JonRud":28x0lic1 said:
The Saints and Lions scare me more than Carolina.

We have beaten Cam twice in his house. I think he would wilt into a puddle of powder blue ooze playing before the 12th man in a playoff game.

The Panthers showed great improvement down the stretch last season, and they stepped up their game this season once their coach stopped playing ultra-conservatively.

Don't mistake the current Panthers team for the one we saw Week 1.

I think we should beat Carolina if they have to come to Seattle, definitely. But it's not going to be a cakewalk. Newton is better than you think.

For the record, the Lions don't scare me at all.

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":e6va5jfs said:
Im hoping for a bye....so probably going to be 2nd round.
This is exactly what I was coming here to post: "First round?? Won't have an opponent, because we're going to clinch a bye and have a wild-card winner have to come to us :) "

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I don't care who comes into the Clink, the Hawks will not lose at home in the Playoffs. I'd love to see Cam come in hear and deal with the 12's, Brees has been here before in a Playoff situation so he's probably the bigger threat. SF would put up a good fight but Keap is one pressure away from a pick 6 implosion. Everyone else behind SF cannot go 4 rounds with this Hawks team.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I'd love for it to be the Redskins as nothing would make me happier than seeing their team take yet another exit from the playoffs at the hands of the Seahawks.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
If I got to pick strictly for entertainment value, I'd want to avoid the Niners, Panthers and Saints in the opening round. Already seen all of them, how 'bout some new blood for a post-season foe? The NFCCG (football gods willing) is likely to be a rematch in some form, so let's get at least one new set of unis to look at.

JonRud

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":vtcymlre said:
When I use Playoff Machine, it pretty much comes out that Carolina is always the #5 seed. So unless the #6 seed upsets the #3 seed, we play Carolina in Seattle. I'm assuming, of course, that we're the #1 seed. Losing MNF to the Saints, however, and ending up the #2 seed, means we play Detroit or Chicago most likely.

So ironically, we have an easier home game in Rd. 2 if we're the #2 seed, but of course, then we'd have to travel to NO for the NFCCG. I'd rather beat Carolina, then host the NFCCG.

Your logic is missing something here. What if Car #5 seed loses on the road wildcard weekend to the #4 seed [NFC East Winner]. Then we wouldn't play Carolina. [Assuming the Hawks are # 1 seed] we would either host the #6 seed if they won or the #4 seed.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The Cardinals are paper tigers. They have beaten the Falcons, Texans and Jags the last 3 weeks.

They have three probable losses in a row coming up: Colts this week, Eagles then Rams. And they still have us at C Link and the Whiners.

Arizona will not pass up SF for the wild card. No chance.

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":16exq0xa said:
ImTheScientist":16exq0xa said:
Im hoping for a bye....so probably going to be 2nd round.
This is exactly what I was coming here to post: "First round?? Won't have an opponent, because we're going to clinch a bye and have a wild-card winner have to come to us :) "

If you read the whole thing, it says divisional round. It also says assuming we lock up homefield.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Seems to me I heard something sometime that said same-Division teams, regardless of seeding, don't play each other until they have to (like for NFCCG). Can anybody confirm or refute this?

Thanks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Detroit would only concern me because Calvin Johnson is un-f'n-real right now. Though Sherman did a great job on him last season, that would be a huge challenge.

Aside from that I'd say the Saints are the most dangerous. I don't fear Carolina as much with Cam Newton coming on the road to face us. Their defense is tough but their offense leaves a lot to be desired. The Saints are battle tested with firepower. It'd be a challenge.