You WILL be our new friends!

LostInSF

Reaction score
Hello beautiful 12s.

So, living in the Bay Area and having awesome Niners friends, I have a ticket to the game on December 8th. We also have a couple of parking spots for tailgating which I expect will go from 9AM or so. Point being, I think all of my large crew (aside from perhaps one or two) will be filthy disgusting Niners fans. :49ersmall: If any of you are attending Candlestick and would like to pop over for a beer and some meat, hit me up. I'm also accepting invitations to come to your tailgating shenanigans should they arise!

Secondly, my friend from Alaska is headed to the MNF Saints game and would like to tailgate. He's just got done spending his fishing money in the Pro Shop and would like his $400 ticket of doom to extend outside the timeframe of the ballgame. If any of you can give him some pointers as to how best to ingratiate himself into drinking and superfuntimes, I'll relay them.

I'm just going to nerd out on having a good time at Candlestick as I wait for TWO DAMN WEEKS for Seahawks football. Be great to hook up with a few Bay Area fans pre-game on the 8th! :)

jkitsune

Reaction score
Have you ever been to a game at Candlestick? You'll probably be fine in the stands but watch yourself in that parking lot after the game.

OP
OP
L

LostInSF

Reaction score
Yeah, one game. The neighbourhood, Hunters Point, is completely mad. Their fans are a little more punchy than most too - not ideal. But again, I'll be with mostly Niners fans all day so all should be good. I'm from the UK, came up watching Manchester City home and away from the mid-80s on, so I learned (occasionally the hard way) how to behave at away games!

I went to the Vikings pre-season last year at Candlestick and was surprised at the poor behaviour of the Niners fans. Like, being rude to middle-aged women and whatnot. Dick move for sure. I am slightly concerned about all that but expecting no drama. A bit of camaraderie in the parking lot would be awesome though, hence the post!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I had free tickets to this game, but I turned them down because I hate Candlestick so much.

Horrible to get in and out, and watching games in that stadium with drunk Niner fans is the worst.

I'd just rather watch it on my couch than go into that pit.

mikeak

Reaction score
LostInSF":2sgw2j5e said:
Yeah, one game. The neighbourhood, Hunters Point, is completely mad. Their fans are a little more punchy than most too - not ideal. But again, I'll be with mostly Niners fans all day so all should be good. I'm from the UK, came up watching Manchester City home and away from the mid-80s on, so I learned (occasionally the hard way) how to behave at away games!

I went to the Vikings pre-season last year at Candlestick and was surprised at the poor behaviour of the Niners fans. Like, being rude to middle-aged women and whatnot. Dick move for sure. I am slightly concerned about all that but expecting no drama. A bit of camaraderie in the parking lot would be awesome though, hence the post!

If you did UK soccer games in the 80s you are good :). I was 10 years behind and different country but you did learn to behave and how to give and take a punch...

Only difference of course is traveling in a "pack" and standing next to your fans during the game. On top of the thousands if cops, barbwire and cameras :)

Largent80

Reaction score
The place is a steaming pile, I will never go back there. Hope all goes well for you.

Have a great time in the city though, it is fantastic.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Hey Lost, any advice and what areas to stay away from? I scored a couple of our corporate suite tix for the game and it's my first/last time to the stick. Thanks!

nsport

Reaction score
BBQHawk":1az3atnh said:
Hey Lost, any advice and what areas to stay away from? I scored a couple of our corporate suite tix for the game and it's my first/last time to the stick. Thanks!

There's a lot in this forum who have had near death and threatening times down there at the ol' Stick. I think it's like anything (if safety is on your mind) - just be smart. You'll enjoy your time in the suites - I would just go in to the game early, hang in the suites area and pay for overpriced beer... then wait an hour to go home. No sense in feeding the dogs outside. If the Niners lose, they will be really pissy in the parking lot. If they win, their chests will be bowed out looking for trouble.

Other than the parking lot, there is really nothing to do outside the stadium - so I'd look for a Seahawkers group in the Bay Area to meet up with after the game to round out your experience. Get there early, as the place is a mess!

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Really appreciate your input. Luckily our suite has free beer.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
LostInSF":7blth30u said:

NO SWEDGING.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
nsport":3u4ey9xf said:
BBQHawk":3u4ey9xf said:

There's a lot in this forum who have had near death and threatening times down there at the ol' Stick. I think it's like anything (if safety is on your mind) - just be smart. You'll enjoy your time in the suites - I would just go in to the game early, hang in the suites area and pay for overpriced beer... then wait an hour to go home. No sense in feeding the dogs outside. If the Niners lose, they will be really pissy in the parking lot. If they win, their chests will be bowed out looking for trouble.

Other than the parking lot, there is really nothing to do outside the stadium - so I'd look for a Seahawkers group in the Bay Area to meet up with after the game to round out your experience. Get there early, as the place is a mess!
They'll be pissy in the parking lot... REAL pissy.

OP
OP
L

LostInSF

Reaction score
BBQHawk":31js8tcv said:
Hey! All of Hunters Point is considered ghetto now. In truth, it's just like most of San Francisco was ten years ago. There's (OMG!) black people and poor people. If you can get over that, it's an amazing and historic spot. As for the rest of The City, or the entire Bay Area, you'll find no bother at all. If you're in Oakland, you'll get mad buddies coming up loving that the Hawks are kicking the Niners in the dick. If you want to have super happy family funtime mixed team tailgating burgers and beer, drop me a line. :49ersmall: