Browner's injury, why no news?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I have heard nothing and its Friday. Surely a DR. has looked at it by now and we know the extent of how bad it is. WTF?

bigcc

Reaction score
yeah you think he'd have had an MRI or something.... very odd

drdiags

Reaction score
I would imagine moves will be made today. If Okung is activated from IR-DTR, a player has to go and if Browner is going to be a month or more to get healthy, I suspect Shead is activated and someone like Lockette or Caylin or ??? getting the axe (at least 2 players have to go if Shead has to be activated).

Basis4day

Reaction score
He is injured. They are still doing tests. The team has no reason to report anything until a conclusion is reached. They need to weigh in IR status as two roster spots need to be cleared for Harvin and Okung.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":3c0gjcc8 said:
I would imagine moves will be made today. If Okung is activated from IR-DTR, a player has to go and if Browner is going to be a month or more to get healthy, I suspect Shead is activated and someone like Lockette or Caylin or ??? getting the axe (at least 2 players have to go if Shead has to be activated).

I fear it's season ending, not just a month. Pete is usually a pretty optimistic guy, so when he says words like "serious" in regards to injuries, I get worried.

Compound this with Lane not practicing yesterday, and it's downright troubling. Our defensive backfield can't get any thinner right now with a team like the Saints coming into town in two weeks.

drdiags

Reaction score
Basis4day":2e13hmk6 said:
He is injured. They are still doing tests. The team has no reason to report anything until a conclusion is reached. They need to weigh in IR status as two roster spots need to be cleared for Harvin and Okung.

They already have covered Harvin. Walters for Brooks then Brooks for Harvin. They need to do at least one more for Okung but in the end, yes I believe there will be two more cuts, one to cover the Browner injury.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":27j9qekb said:
Jesus, what happened to Lane?

Guys. Get off the ledge. People sit out practice all the time. Sherman did so just this Wednesday and was full go yesterday.

There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

JonRud

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about Browner.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14fzolkg said:
drdiags":14fzolkg said:

I fear it's season ending, not just a month. Pete is usually a pretty optimistic guy, so when he says words like "serious" in regards to injuries, I get worried.

Compound this with Lane not practicing yesterday, and it's downright troubling. Our defensive backfield can't get any thinner right now with a team like the Saints coming into town in two weeks.

Same here. I was just trying to frame it in the most positive light, since until they come forward with more info, our fans will be critical of anything suggesting a season ending injury.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete has said at least on 2 occasions this week that the Browner injury is serious but that they have no timeline for him. Do not expect him to play for a few weeks minimum. The only question with Browner is if they think they can get him back for the playoff run. There's no rush to announce anything because we are ok on depth at the position so we can afford to wait a little while on this. The fact that there hasn't been a move yet can be looked at somewhat positively. If they knew he wasn't coming back at all they'd just IR him and move on.

mikeak

Reaction score
while there is no rush to announce something there has to be a status update by NFL rules......

Laloosh

Reaction score
Just want to put the rumors to rest, someone (who I cannot name outside of the shack) has thoroughly examined said groin and it looks like BB will be out for several weeks.

-SacHawk 2.0

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1q0r3ys0 said:
while there is no rush to announce something there has to be a status update by NFL rules......

Only status update is whether he practices and on friday whether he'll play. They've reported the injury and that he hasn't practiced and today they will announce that he is OUT for this Sunday's rule. They have no obligation to say when he will be back or if he'll be back at all

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":3c924l7i said:

Which they have done on both tuesday and wednesday by holding him out of practice with a groin injury on the official injury report. That's your status report. I would imagine it will be discussed by Pete in his next presser and especially discussed if Browner goes on IR to clear a spot for Okung.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":3t0u70w5 said:
mikeak":3t0u70w5 said:

Only status update is whether he practices and on friday whether he'll play. They've reported the injury and that he hasn't practiced and today they will announce that he is OUT for this Sunday's rule. They have no obligation to say when he will be back or if he'll be back at all

Agreed - should have clarified that is what I meant.

Now if he is going to be out for season it helps the team to make that decision so no other cut would be needed for Okung

Sac

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":20ackgct said:
Just want to put the rumors to rest, someone (who I cannot name outside of the shack) has thoroughly examined said groin and it looks like BB will be out for several weeks.

-SacHawk 2.0

lolwut!?

Laloosh

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3s9gkmcn said:
E.C. Laloosh":3s9gkmcn said:

-SacHawk 2.0

lolwut!?

Someone must have hacked my account, sorry Sac.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
The reason why some injury reports get late is because of second opinions n so forth. And one usually gets those because the team doctors have told him you are done for the season.