Browner's injury, why no news?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
If you had ever had a groin injury, I think you would be more understanding why there is such a question mark about how long he will be out.

They are extremely painful, imagine nut shot every time you take a step funny, and some come and go quick while others will hinder for what seems like forever.

Only time will tell so unless they need a roster spot really bad, he will be on the roster until the end of the season.

GO HAWKS!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
All I know is BB was huge in the Vikings game last year and I would dearly love to have him on the field Sunday. Get well soon!

253hawk

Reaction score
It didn't look like he did anything too major. I pulled mine in a similar fashion before and it took about 3 weeks until I could run on it hard again, but walking around was no problem.

Didn't Amendola completely tear his? And he was out what, 4 weeks? If we get a first round bye, that's 8 weeks for Browner to recover.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2zkeq2a9 said:
If you had ever had a groin injury, I think you would be more understanding why there is such a question mark about how long he will be out.

They are extremely painful, imagine nut shot every time you take a step funny, and some come and go quick while others will hinder for what seems like forever.

Only time will tell so unless they need a roster spot really bad, he will be on the roster until the end of the season.

GO HAWKS!!!
Are you saying this "groin" injury was actually a shot to the nuts?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think if it has not improved this week , or they have a better idea at least they will IR him for Okung.

Lane has a thigh bruise.

HawkWow

Reaction score
253hawk":21mftb2h said:
It didn't look like he did anything too major. I pulled mine in a similar fashion before and it took about 3 weeks until I could run on it hard again, but walking around was no problem.

Didn't Amendola completely tear his? And he was out what, 4 weeks? If we get a first round bye, that's 8 weeks for Browner to recover.

If Amendola recovered in 4 weeks, a normal person should be good to go in 2.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
No, but that's what it feels like though, at least the two I have had.

If they are severe, they get treated like a hernia, open you up, repair the tear as needed and close you up.

Recovery time for the surgical repair I was told is a minimum of six months PLUS rehab, YUCK!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Lords of Scythia":dt4vo9gq said:
12HawkFan":dt4vo9gq said:

GO HAWKS!!!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Happypuppy":k7j91lxy said:
I think if it has not improved this week , or they have a better idea at least they will IR him for Okung.

Lane has a thigh bruise.

He didn't practice yesterday, but was full go today.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
12HawkFan":33vggegw said:
No, but that's what it feels like though, at least the two I have had.

If they are severe, they get treated like a hernia, open you up, repair the tear as needed and close you up.

Recovery time for the surgical repair I was told is a minimum of six months PLUS rehab, YUCK!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Lords of Scythia":33vggegw said:
12HawkFan":33vggegw said:

GO HAWKS!!!
Wow. Remind me never to do that. It sounds like the Percy Harvin situation--surgery or not surgery changes up the time frame. If he has surgery he might be out until the playoffs.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If he was full go today, It probably was a pull and sometimes you can ice the area down and add a bit of motrin or other minor swelling reducer to alleviate pain and discomfort. I had a bulge in my back creating sciatica. I had pain going down the leg so bad, every step on the golf course one day was pain. I finally had to quit playing and had surgery to remove the bulge. Took about 6 months to complete the repair and rehab. If you get surgery, do what the doc says about weight limitations on lifting. You will recover properly then...not a lot later.
Go Hawks.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Not to make light of BB's injury, but EVERY TIME someone mentions "groin injury" I think of this:

[youtube]vg9ruee3Vos[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1o13zq8d said:
If he was full go today, It probably was a pull and sometimes you can ice the area down and add a bit of motrin or other minor swelling reducer to alleviate pain and discomfort. I had a bulge in my back creating sciatica. I had pain going down the leg so bad, every step on the golf course one day was pain. I finally had to quit playing and had surgery to remove the bulge. Took about 6 months to complete the repair and rehab. If you get surgery, do what the doc says about weight limitations on lifting. You will recover properly then...not a lot later.
Go Hawks.

Damn. I hope you exhausted all other options, like Cortisone, before going under the knife. And great advice, listen to your doctor. Plan on taking a lot of time away from the course and weights.

I've had 3 such procedures..back and neck. But I was far from a good patient. The night of my first surgery, I went to a Tool concert. The day after my second surgery, I got into a fight in Tijuana. I was pretty careful with the neck...at least in comparison., though I did shit can the brace after 3 weeks. 3 months wasn't going to happen, lol.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If its truly serious, I suspect he would have been I.R.'d.

There are two veteran free agents out there right now who could replace Browner as the 4th or 5th CB on the roster and help the team with their experience.

Those players being ofcourse either Antoine Winfield or Marcus Trufant.

I just think if Browner was going to be I.R.d, it would have been done, there is still a chance Browner gets I.R.d to put Okung on the roster, tomorrow.

Browner has what 7 weeks to get healthy for the play-offs but maybe the team feels like most fans do...that the defense is better without Browner than with. Thurmond is just the better all-around CB.

Maybe they'll just limit Browner if he does come back and put him in the byron maxwell role when Thurmond slides over to cover the slot WR.

Exittium

Reaction score
No way would I get Marcus again, sorry that train left, he's the MOST injury prone. As for Antione Winfield, sorry whats to say he'd come back to us after we signed him then turned around and cut him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1luqvnnk said:
Recovery time for the surgical repair I was told is a minimum of six months PLUS rehab!

Lords of Scythia":1luqvnnk said:
If he has surgery he might be out until the playoffs.

Six MONTHS; not weeks.

King Dog

Reaction score
Trufant? Put down the pipe my friends. There's Shead and then some mortgage broker chomping at the bit to show his stuff.

blkhwk

Reaction score
I had torn mine, it took probably 3-4 months to be able to run at close to full speed. It gave me problems for the next two years. I know training and re-hab is much better than it was in 1987, but I would not be surprised it he was done for the rest of the year. I could jog with moderate pain after about a week, but whenever I tried to sprint and change direction, it would practically put me on my knees.

Sturm

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2iqlaa8t said:
Not to make light of BB's injury, but EVERY TIME someone mentions "groin injury" I think of this:

[youtube]vg9ruee3Vos[/youtube]

Ha, and I thought I was the only one. 8)