Snap count

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed here or not. This is not a knock on Wilson at all...but I am curious if anyone else notices that the snap count is almost the same play to play.
Greeeeeeeeen green 80 set and the ball is snapped on set.
The bucs game in particular McCoy was offsides a few times but looked to me like he was taking a educated guess on the snap count.
The other snap count I hear a lot is...
Blue 15 blue and snapped on blue.

GoHawks

Reaction score
I'd like to think RW is aware due to self scouting, but not seeing much if any variation in cadence? Maybe no confidence in OL not False Starting?

Not to derail your thread, but it would be great if Unger could correct his low snaps as well, so RW has more time to view the defense and make his reads

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think GoHawks has a point with keeping the oline from false starting. Unlike SF who has had the same five guys up front all season long, we have a carousel up front that...well...acts like a carousel.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
This is not just the bucs game. It is the same from last season as well. I just used our recent game since it is still fresh in our minds. Just pointing it out and curious if anybody else has noticed this?

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I have notice that aswell.. It looks like the D-line always have the faster jump and get leverage on our lineman..

Didnt Pete mention in training camp that RW is working on hard counts and things??

Also It would be nice if RW is given the right to change plays at the line.. If anybody can do, it is RW because of how intelligent he is and how deeply he studies the opponents before the game.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
That same routine sets up a potential encroachment or offsides on the defense. If the defensive linemen stay disciplined and watch the ball, they gain no advantage from the cadence being the same on most plays. If offensive linemen notice the defenders getting too quick of a jump on the snap, they can ask for a different count.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I actually heard Wilson mix it up several times during the Bucs game. pocketprotector has a good point as well.

davidonmi

Reaction score
A lot of QB's do this. Almost every time with Peyton there's a repeating sequence which includes Omaha in some order. Rodgers always yells green 19 green 19 set hut.

Tical21

Reaction score
pocketprotector":2vrg3niz said:
That same routine sets up a potential encroachment or offsides on the defense. If the defensive linemen stay disciplined and watch the ball, they gain no advantage from the cadence being the same on most plays. If offensive linemen notice the defenders getting too quick of a jump on the snap, they can ask for a different count.
Yep, there are two philosphies, one is to go on the same count most of the time. Doing this usually gets you an offsides penalty in your pocket for whenever you want to use it in the 2nd half.