Why we're a lock to win next week in Atlanta

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Russell Wilson has ever lost to the same team twice. I believe he has avenged every loss.

Atlanta's turn.

I also like the fact that Steven Jackson is back. We've always owned him and he's much less of a problem then Quizz Rodgers, imo. (Today Jackson had 13 carries while Quiz only had 5). It also helps that both Roddy White and Julio Jones are out, although I was looking forward to Sherman facing those guys after some of the words going back n forth over the summer.

I don't know if it will be a blow out. I don't know if it will be pretty. But I know the Seahawks will find a way to win.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Let's put the early game east coast situation to bed once and for all! I for one think that we can't overlook anything from HERE ON OUT!

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think it will be 'pretty' and I don't expect any kind of a blowout. I do expect we will win, though. Somehow, this season we're not doing 'pretty' and I'm fine with that.

Frankly, I don't expect any pretty wins from here forward. But we really should win at least 5 of our remaining games, maybe 6 or even all of them. It's possible IMHO.

I'm getting a little tired of the concept, actually. WTF is a pretty win, anyway? Find a way. I love it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They're also dead last in the NFL in rushing. That coupled with our historical ownage of Jackson are good omens. On the other hand, Roddy White could be back and Gonzales will get his.

slipwax

Reaction score
I don't take any team for granted this season. Just win baby

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah, no team is a lock anymore, except for the Jags at least. Gotta play hard and disciplined. Keep the offense rolling, Wilson protected and we have to concentrate on stopping 3rd down, it's literally been killing us.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It's a pretty small sample size in terms of never losing to the same team twice. But I'm liking Wilson's career 19-6 record.

Largent80

Reaction score
Throw everything out the window regarding past games, players and coaches. As we have seen, none of that matters and predicting blowouts is kinda dumb.

This year we win anyway we can.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3oqipgba said:
Yeah, no team is a lock anymore, except for the Jags at least. Gotta play hard and disciplined. Keep the offense rolling, Wilson protected and we have to concentrate on stopping 3rd down, it's <b>literally</b> been killing us.

We have a zombie posting here!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Like I keep saying "I feel like I'm taking the Ugly Girl to the prom, but we keep winning the dance contest" so I'm happy! She also know's how to deliver "Happy Endings" and that's what count's... Heading for 9-1, just hope my heart can handle it... Kind of stressful to say the least... GO SEAHAWKS!!!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
After the struggles against the Rams, Titans and now the Bucs, which were all supposed to be "locks". Lets not call any game this season a "lock".

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm a little nervous about this game. 10 am road start against a team that I still can't seem to look at as a 2-6 team; they've been too good in recent seasons to think they are suddenly just not good anymore. We have been playing our worst football (meaning, i can't see a team this talented being worse than they have been) and we've been pulling out the W.

But if we play this way in that dome on the road at 10 am against that team, I have some real concerns about escaping with a W.

IMO we need to do our best to survive it, and somehow do just that - escape. Then we need to get by the vikings, and get to our bye week and really tune things up a bit. Something is off with this team and I think we need the bye week to have enough time to re-invent the pieces that aren't working.

That being said I'm one of those "a win is a win" people - incredibly happy to be 8-1 no matter how we got there, but we also need to fix some things up. I think we will.

But in the short term I have some real doubts about next week's game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Good: The Hawks will be properly motivated to kick Atlanta's ass to avenge last year's playoff loss. So I don't foresee another flat performance against inferior opponents like we've seen the past two weeks.

The Bad: Atlanta knows they're not going anywhere this year, so this will be their SB up against the #1 team in the NFC. So expect another highly motivated opponent.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The Vikings game poses a bigger test, IMO. I think the memories of the way our season ended last year will serve as all the motivation needed to propel us to a relatively 'easy' W in ATL.

ATL_FALCON

Reaction score
Even if the Hawks find themselves down, You as a Seahawks fan should not panic. The Falcons will let you back into the game just like last year. You all will win this game

Largent80

Reaction score
There are no "locks" to win any game. Just as in horse racing, the favorite wins on average 33%.

I have to admit, I was shocked when we were down 21-0 at home to an 0-7 team. At the same time I had a pretty good feeling about us rebounding which we did.

Next Sunday is another game and I am expecting ATL. to give us their best shot.