Why we're a lock to win next week in Atlanta

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Road games always scare me, but I think we're too good & talented of a team to come out with another stinker. If Unger plays I definitely have us winning. If not, well we're in for a dogfight. The Minny game is where we start to takeover, should have our full O-Line back + Percy at that point. One more week of scraping by...hopefully !

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3so1vgez said:
Road games always scare me, but I think we're too good & talented of a team to come out with another stinker. If Unger plays I definitely have us winning. If not, well we're in for a dogfight. The Minny game is where we start to takeover, should have our full O-Line back + Percy at that point. One more week of scraping by...hopefully !

I wouldn't count on Unger, sounds like it was a pretty serious concussion.

Atlanta doesn't have a strong front seven, but with no Unger, Breno or Okung Russell should start practicing his Usain Bolt impersonation all week.

stack600

Reaction score
A win is a win, ugly or not. I was watching yesterday and realized that 0-7 or 7-0 what and whoever we play or played has brought thier A Game. Come on, a jump pass, that was a classic play call, got to give credit to T.B. OC on that one, watched the tapes of the goal line stand at St. Louis and put that gadget play in for that scenerio.

We can exspect the best effort out of any team we play the rest of the season. Take Atlanta as an example= They are pretty sure the playoff ship has sailed, so what can you look forward too. Upsets and Beating the Teams with the best records AKA us. We all know this to be true look at all those losing years we have been thru. And what did we brag about back in the 2-12 or 6-10 years. That we beat a contender.

So as the contender, and the team with the best record in the NFC at the 1/2 way point. I'll take ugly right up to homefield in the playoffs. And maybe we can still have a blowout at home when the guys start putting 4 quarters of mistake free football together.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Atlanta really has no bright spots to speak of. Their passing game is approximately on par with ours, but that matches up well with our defense.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
ATL is a proud team, even if this season has been a disaster. They still have guys who can hurt us, so we shouldn't lose sight of that. Given the past few weeks, it's really hard for me to see our team dominate anyone (although I hope Bailey is an upgrade at LT with all my heart), but there's no reason why we can't use the motivation from our heartbreaker last year to get ready for this game. It's practically a must-win if we want to keep HFA, so I expect the team to come out and ball.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This really will be Atlanta's Super Bowl. Their season is officially done if they lose. Either way, it's extremely unlikely they do anything this season, so upsetting Seattle in a rematch of their epic playoff game would be the highlight of the year for them.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
sutz":ncemynbs said:
I don't think it will be 'pretty' and I don't expect any kind of a blowout. I do expect we will win, though. Somehow, this season we're not doing 'pretty' and I'm fine with that.

Frankly, I don't expect any pretty wins from here forward. But we really should win at least 5 of our remaining games, maybe 6 or even all of them. It's possible IMHO.

I'm getting a little tired of the concept, actually. WTF is a pretty win, anyway? Find a way. I love it.

Your right, I've been saying it on this board all year long....8-1..a win is a win. People just love to complain though and everyone is so sensitive on the board...

AgentDib

Reaction score
As long as we keep winning we will still be a target for teams and will get their best shot every week. The fact that we are winning ugly exacerbates this a bit, because it isn't as hard for opposing coaches to get their players to believe in a victory. The Atlanta fans have checked out of the season already, but I guarantee you that the Atlanta players are looking at this as a winnable repeat of their playoff victory that would give their season a huge boost towards mediocrity.

sutz

Reaction score
stack600":1r036lme said:
A win is a win, ugly or not. I was watching yesterday and realized that 0-7 or 7-0 what and whoever we play or played has brought thier A Game. Come on, a jump pass, that was a classic play call, got to give credit to T.B. OC on that one, watched the tapes of the goal line stand at St. Louis and put that gadget play in for that scenerio.

We can exspect the best effort out of any team we play the rest of the season. Take Atlanta as an example= They are pretty sure the playoff ship has sailed, so what can you look forward too. Upsets and Beating the Teams with the best records AKA us. We all know this to be true look at all those losing years we have been thru. And what did we brag about back in the 2-12 or 6-10 years. That we beat a contender.

So as the contender, and the team with the best record in the NFC at the 1/2 way point. I'll take ugly right up to homefield in the playoffs. And maybe we can still have a blowout at home when the guys start putting 4 quarters of mistake free football together.
That's what I've been saying. I'm really past caring about the 'quality' of the wins. :229031_shrug:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ynrplsxa said:
I'm a little nervous about this game. 10 am road start against a team that I still can't seem to look at as a 2-6 team; they've been too good in recent seasons to think they are suddenly just not good anymore. We have been playing our worst football (meaning, i can't see a team this talented being worse than they have been) and we've been pulling out the W.

But if we play this way in that dome on the road at 10 am against that team, I have some real concerns about escaping with a W.

IMO we need to do our best to survive it, and somehow do just that - escape. Then we need to get by the vikings, and get to our bye week and really tune things up a bit. Something is off with this team and I think we need the bye week to have enough time to re-invent the pieces that aren't working.

That being said I'm one of those "a win is a win" people - incredibly happy to be 8-1 no matter how we got there, but we also need to fix some things up. I think we will.

But in the short term I have some real doubts about next week's game.

You are the ultimate downer. Every week you write this kind of post. You are going to lose your hair or go grey early.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Hawks spot them a couple TD's in the first half, then win by a fieldgoal with 3 seconds left on the clock in the game. :roll:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Last year, around this time, Seattle went through a wake up call. I think the TB game was 2013's version. I expect the team to come out sharp.

A

Anonymous

bestfightstory":2sgedyk0 said:
The Vikings game poses a bigger test, IMO. I think the memories of the way our season ended last year will serve as all the motivation needed to propel us to a relatively 'easy' W in ATL.

I concur.

Vikings are scrappy and play with attitude. AP? enough said.

Matty Ice has been steadily melting away as the season progresses. Interesting the way some of their defensive rookies have stepped up but losing Abraham has proven to be a big loss that they have yet to overcome.

A

Anonymous

ImTheScientist":2en7si5s said:
Hawknballs":2en7si5s said:
I'm a little nervous about this game. 10 am road start against a team that I still can't seem to look at as a 2-6 team; they've been too good in recent seasons to think they are suddenly just not good anymore. We have been playing our worst football (meaning, i can't see a team this talented being worse than they have been) and we've been pulling out the W.

But if we play this way in that dome on the road at 10 am against that team, I have some real concerns about escaping with a W.

IMO we need to do our best to survive it, and somehow do just that - escape. Then we need to get by the vikings, and get to our bye week and really tune things up a bit. Something is off with this team and I think we need the bye week to have enough time to re-invent the pieces that aren't working.

That being said I'm one of those "a win is a win" people - incredibly happy to be 8-1 no matter how we got there, but we also need to fix some things up. I think we will.

But in the short term I have some real doubts about next week's game.

You are the ultimate downer. Every week you write this kind of post. You are going to lose your hair or go grey early.

Somehow, I think nballs' glass is still half full.

seahawksny

Reaction score
revenge factor is in effect. That loss last year stung. That should be motivation enough,. I think we break out of shell and win 27-17

lukerguy

Reaction score
I understand this, but by that same token, that would mean he would never ever lose to AZ, SF, or STL ever again as a Seahawk...