“Marshawn almost cried when he saw Mike Rob walk in" (link)

ivotuk

Reaction score
I know, another MikeRob post, but he's worth it and the other one has gotten 12 pages long and has drifted.

To be honest, I got a little emotional when MikeRob got back, and especially after reading this article.

"o the leather tool belt that his teammates gave Robinson a few years ago to acknowledge the veteran fullback’s workman-like approach to his thankless role – making lead blocks for Lynch – is back where it belongs: Hanging in his locker at Virginia Mason Athletic Center."

"But it also was rooted in the illness he was battling, which caused his weight to drop from 245 pounds to 212 and put him in the hospital a couple of times."

So all those saying that it looked like Mike had lost weight when they saw him on TV may have been correct. It is sooooo good to have him back in the fold.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...Robinson/4861a063-a80e-4be5-807f-0fa9dc038dca

Teqneek

Reaction score
Except that MRob said he gained his weight back in 2 weeks :p So still.. they were right, but not at the present time :p

TCS

Reaction score
It's good to finally hear how the front office handled Mrob's cutting...

"Pete (Carroll, the coach) and John (Schneider, the general manager), they did a great job of communicating with me. They were very upfront when they were cutting me. We were in there talking and they said, ‘Mike, we know it’s going to come a point down the line when you’re going to be healthy and we’re probably going to need you. If the opportunity presents itself, we’re going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You’re part of us. You helped us start this thing.’"

Go hawks!

tcs

red17hawk

Reaction score
I cannot find the link right now but in one of the articles it also mentioned that Robinson is going to be Lynch's roommate for the rest of the season :)

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some podcast links, everything Michael Robinsons! He's going to put a hurt on opposing defenses :th2thumbs:

Kam Chancellor talks about MikeRob

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9962953&p=1014&n=Bob and Groz Show

Terry Blount talks about MikeRob

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9962954&p=1013&n=Wyman, Mike and Moore

Bevell talks about MikeRob

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9962946&p=1007&n=Brock and Danny

Mike Rob talks about his return

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9962960&p=1013&n=Wyman, Mike and Moore

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Teqneek":2iw3s1gu said:
Except that MRob said he gained his weight back in 2 weeks :p So still.. they were right, but not at the present time :p

2 weeks from when? Because IIRC he had a visit with the Titans and didn't catch on.

There's a lot that was not public about his illness and I was surprised about how much was in this article. I think there is some things we will never know about that situation. MRob ended up in the hostpital and we'll never know how serious it was, but it sounded very serious, maybe life threatening. But none of that really matters because he's back and he's healthy.

And I could easily see Marshawn getting emotional, those 2 have a very close bond and in Richard Sherman's blog about coming in and seeing Mike's locker cleared out, there was some disappointment there.

Players keep saying "It's just a business," but that's just a standard response to interviewers who are looking for something more. Almost every interview I've ever heard from retired players they are always saying "I miss the camaraderie the most."

Those guys grow close out there and the do get emotional, just look at Red Bryant running off the field in Houston. He said he was crying partially because of the way they won and partially because their dear friend got hurt.

253hawk

Reaction score
It just looks so...right. :179417:

tempRM3_6019--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

CANHawk

Reaction score
Somebody needs to cue up some Peaches and Herb for these guys. Seriously...

But yeah, I call BS. Beastmode doesn't cry, he just chooses to sweat out of his eye holes sometimes because he thinks it's bad ass... Salty sweat in Beast's eyes make Beast strong!

253hawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3g56knvx said:
But yeah, I call BS. Beastmode doesn't cry

He should stop freakin' and call Beacon! Get those leaks fixed...

nanomoz

Reaction score
It feels so right, it can't be wrong.